Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The All Avengers Thread (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70   
Author Topic: The All Avengers Thread
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a long way to go, especially with Set's group, but I enjoyed the initial results for Power Woman, so since I figured out how to resize the picture on Paint, I'm going to post her, the baby and Power Man, her husband.

I altered her costume to reflect her relationship with PM and him I gave eyes, but that's it.

The baby is from a LIL Micro base and I pretty much created my own except for the boots.

Set has suggested that the baby would look cute on her mother's hip, so that's were she is.
In the finished piece, PW will be flying, or about to, since that's one of the common threads for each grouping.

-

The baby's sleeping, by the way.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay.
I put them together, flying.
I may tweek them a bit, but this is them until the grouping, which may take awhile.
I'm trying to put together a Snowbird/polar bear combo and possibly another winged horse combo.
sigh

The Wiki info says that PW never really mastered her flying, so maybe she'll do better with her family hanging on.
Think so?

PM has his sunglasses on now, too.
[Yes]

-
Edit:
The carrier and baby details are pretty well finished now, and so is mom.
PM was already finished.
[Yes]

[ July 24, 2012, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's the true form of Meggan, although she usually looks like her golden haired/green costumed self, Brin's ideal woman, she discovered this as her unempathic shapeshifted self one day.
No small feat for someone who'd never seen herself through just her own eyes before.
[Yes]

Until my final grouping:
 -

[ July 17, 2012, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/27/peter-david-writes-avengers-season-one/

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else still reading AVENGERS ACADEMY? Its apparent last arc has been a great one, cementing my affection for these characters- maybe even over the Young Avengers. Well, most of them, anyway.

The trajectory of Hazmat and Mettle's relationship has been a great one. For much of the run, I thought either or both of these characters were the ones most likely to 'turn' and fulfill the senior Avengers' fears for these kids. If that happened *now*, it would feel much more of a tragedy.

Veil and Stryker, my inital favorites, are left in fairly interesting places. And Finesse, the character I grew to like the most from when I first encountered her, has all kinds of potential. Reptil, though a sunny, likeable character, hasn't really developed all that much- though he's been put through definite wringers.

White Tiger and her mystical meeting with her namesake and that meeting's intriguing resolution definitely ratcheted up my interest in her.

This title had some of the best 'sideline' stories spinning out of the otherwise nonsensical A Vs X stuff. Too bad it's apparently ending due to whatever the end of the big mess will be.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shady, I love your work and the results for so many great Marvel characters. If only the publisher had similar vision, since the idea that inspired us is apparently dead.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Jonathan Hickman appears to be turning The Avengers into The Legion. His run will feature 22 Avengers, a number which grew from the 18 announced with his naming as writer.

Mostly, it's the usual suspects... with Cannonball and Sunspot from the New Mutants inducted, along with Gateway's protege from SECRET WARRIORS. Several names still to be revealed.

I'm excited just to read Cannonball in this context. Not so sure Sunspot's so great a choice, but he and Sam make a fun pair.

I hope DC pays attention and considers this as sort of 'tryout' for LSH- as I think Hickman would make a great choice for Legion writer a couple of years from now.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've always liked Cannonball, and am happy to see him join the Avengers, even though Dani would have been my first choice to be the first New Mutant to join the Avengers (what is Dani's current status anyway?) Not really a fan of Sunspot, but like ML said, there's good chemistry between him and Cannonball.

I am not a fan of the approach that Hickman took in Fantastic Four/FF; basically, I felt everything moved in fits and starts; I hope he takes a more straightforward approach to Avengers.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Oh.
Well, maybe it's 'dead' just for now?!
[shrug]

I DO have a Set grouping, though.
I've included the previously shown Power Woman and family, with a few tweeks.
I've included his Spider Woman, Jessica Jones, I hope I got the right one. Razer did a Spider Woman, only she was the blue and white version.
[Yes]
Frenzy got a steed, chocolate, like her.
Then, I did the 3 magic users, Amanda Sefton with the Golden Fleece for flying, which was fun to put together using one of Rat's characters for the basic fleece.
And Jennifer Kale with a magic cube thingy.
Then, I couldn't resist adding Razer's Dr. Strange, with pants, to the Clea figure.
I enjoyed making her, especially. I combined two of her looks, the pink and the black/silver versions.
Her eyes were the most interesting for me, since I haven't seen any others like them, half closed.

I have another of this in the works, Snowbird, but her steed is very different, so I'm going to give her a different type of background.
I hope to finish her sometime soon, but I'm not sure. They take such a lot of time because I'm so slow!
lol

-

[ September 12, 2012, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

These are most of my choices:

We've seen Kitty, but I changed the Lockheed out for one by JR. I gave her a platform but allowed it to be mostly transparent, sort of insubstancial, like her. The larger dragon is from a drawing on wiki, in my mind, Lockheed's older brother, come for a visit.
[Yes]

Then, there's the finished Meggan, followed by Iridia and a brightened Lockjaw pup.

Bottom row starts with Jocasta on her robotic steed, with the soft butterfly wings and curled fish tail.
She's followed by Wanda. This one is new, a combination of Razer's Scarlet Witch and numerous other micros.
Wanda is followed by Nightside.

-

Almost finished with these.
[sigh]

[ October 05, 2012, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Valkyrie and Venom are a couple? Asgardian goddess Brunhilde is falling in love with Flash Thompson?

It can't last, because I can't really imagine showing up in Spidey-verse stories very often. It won't be 'real' unless she does.

He's obviously her 'transition' man, after the whole mess with Siegfried (however that's spelled...)

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The penultimate issue of Avengers Academy is out (*sob* choke!) and it's a flag football game between the AA students and the Jean Grey Academy students.

Lot's of character moments squeezed in, although, and I almost never laugh out loud while reading a comic book, Jocasta charging her tasers to eject various participants for excessive roughness or whatever, and being told 'Don't tase me, Jo!' by one of the students, definitely got me. I read it again the next day, and it was still enough to get me laughing.

I missed out on some of it, since I don't really know much about Quentin Quire or Warbird, so their character bits go right over my head, but it's a decent 'day in the life' sort of issue, and helps to resolve some characterization beats before the final issue.

I'm gonna miss this one!

(And this will drop my Marvel pull-list to one title, X-Factor.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting that they're trying to make the Avengers more global. I'm actually hoping to see Sunfire join the ranks! He's always been a jerk, but that's fun in a group dynamic, he fits in with the new "mixing X-Men with Avengers" theme, he actually has a bit of history with Iron Man, he's been around long enough to be legitimate and he's the been the premiere hero of his country for years. Oh, and he was in "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!" and kissed Firestar, which just makes him cool [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's 2 versions of Hildegarde, the Asgardian demigoddess that is part of a grouping I'm doing for the final Valkyrior panel.

Does anyone have a preference for one or the other?
I'm finishing up Hela, the last of the Asgaridans that I'm hoping to include with the final 3 suggested Valkyrior candidates that I want to include.
Still lots of work, but getting there.
sigh

-

[ October 12, 2012, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Avengers #31
So, that's gotta be the Wasp right? If it's a red herring, who else could it be (for a second I thought Dazzler maybe) and why bother hiding her face since differing artstyles always makes facial features impossible to tell anyone apart anyway? (maybe she has a gnarly scar now?)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.