Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The All Avengers Thread (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70   
Author Topic: The All Avengers Thread
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Re: Avengers #31
So, that's gotta be the Wasp right?

Yep, Bendis brought the Wasp back to life and fandom let out a collective shrug, maybe because Bendis doesn't even seem to be pretending like he cares anymore.

One more issue and he's gone.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
hey characters are safer dead nowadays!

[shrug]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

How true, how true.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

The last Bendis issue of Avengers came out this week. Next week is the last Bendis issue of New Avengers.

All the toys have been safely and carefully put back in the box for Hickman to play with. This after the lies eight years ago that there would be genuine and lasting changes.

More tedium follows in Bendis' ridiculously overlong farewell letter, a mixture of grandiosity, boasts, half-truths, and outright lies.

It's sad to see a talented, if incredibly erratic, writer sink to such depths. It almost makes me not want to follow All-New X-Men any further, even though I liked the first issue a lot.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Bendis.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been burned on this title too many times.

I'll keep trying Uncanny Avengers and Wolverine and the X-Men is hit or miss ... due solely to Marvel's messing with Aaron. actually I think it's more like "home run or strike out" which is getting tedious for me.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

So I take it you have no interest in Hickman's "Legion of Avengers"? [Wink]

Funny thing is, I once read an interview with Roger Stern where he said that the original reason for creating the West Coast Avengers was so that he could have one huge team for one book, picking and mixing characters as he desired. I wonder if that's what Hickman has in mind, only spread out across two books?

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Interesting that they're trying to make the Avengers more global. I'm actually hoping to see Sunfire join the ranks! He's always been a jerk, but that's fun in a group dynamic, he fits in with the new "mixing X-Men with Avengers" theme, he actually has a bit of history with Iron Man, he's been around long enough to be legitimate and he's the been the premiere hero of his country for years. Oh, and he was in "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!" and kissed Firestar, which just makes him cool [Wink]

YES!! Haha ....
 -
(oh, in case you hadn't heard, Sunfire will indeed be joining the ranks of Uncanny Avengers...)

And about the Wasp, even though her return was basically inevitable, I was actually able to get into Jan & gang's joy at seeing each other again.

Funny that over in "Minimum Carnage" there's another Microverse story going on featuring Rann, Bug and Marionette.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I actually really like Sunfire ... but does he have a body again or is he just a burning skeleton still?
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I like Sunfire, too. Unfortunately, he's in the Remender Avengers book, not either of the Hickman Avengers books. Pass.

quote:
And about the Wasp, even though her return was basically inevitable, I was actually able to get into Jan & gang's joy at seeing each other again

I was not able to. This whole "Teh Definitive Avengers, Teh Heart and Soul of the Team" B.S. makes me sick. It's the reason I haven't wholeheartedly enjoyed Avengers since 1994.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
SECRET AVENGERS- a certain something happens that's already shown to not be true in titles that take place after the current storyline. Right?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.