Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

quote:
UMBRELLA ACADEMY APOCALYPSE SUITE #1
*Special Discount* Limit 2 per customer at 75% off

Once, the Umbrella Academy was unstoppable. Under the tutelage of their guardian and mentor, Dr. Reginald Hargreeves, its members spent their childhoods fighting evil and honing their extraordinary gifts. Until something went terribly wrong. Now, nine years later, the estranged members of the Umbrella Academy are reunited by the death of the only parent they've ever known and the rise of a new and terrible threat. Will they be able to overcome their history for long enough to save the world-one more time?

Conceived and written by Gerard Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, Umbrella Academy features interior art by Eisner Award-nominated artist Gabriel Bá (De:Tales), colors by Eisner Award-winning colorist Dave Stewart, and covers by multiple-Eisner Award-winning painter James Jean (Fables).

So glad I caught this for FCBD, and doubly glad it's a 75% off special for DCBS' June orders! [Cool]

[ September 07, 2008, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Pov, was the FCBD issue a prelude to this issue or...?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Not really, FC, more an introduction to the characters and concept. It looks like the series takes place sometime well after the FCBD story.
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
If Ms. Cobalt's eldest son's memory can stay focused, I'll try to pick this up! Unfortunately, only a 15% of that happening, so give us reviews Pov and whet my appetite [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The FCBD issue was fun, quirky, and satirical. I'm looking forward to this new story. POV, any idea when the release date is?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

DCBS gives its estimated shipdate as 9/19, Ceej.
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Entertainment Weekly has an interview up with Gerard Way on their website, EW.com . There's a four THREE page preview, sorry--pages 11-13-- from the first issue, a flashback to the Academy's first mission when they were kids. Hargreeves' a b@$t@rd...  -

The interview and previews have me excited for this, even more than the FCBD story. I can't wait!

[ June 23, 2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
...whet my appetite [Big Grin]

This article and the preview pages should do it, Cobie. [Smile] The run-amock Eiffel Tower gets trashed by a 10-year old! [ROTFLMAO]

I'd upload the pages here, but they're posted in flash. I confess to not knowing how to save a flash file... [Embarrassed] [Frown] [No]

Pov

CBR's Jonah Weiland has a new interview up with Gerard Way. B&W previews of the first four pages of UA:AS #1, plus James Jean's cover for the second issue.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Love James Jean covers - and I want a Mobile Umbrella Communicator!

So there's 7 kids raised by this guy out of 43 or 44 born. Presumably some others survived and will turn up as super-villains?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Be interesting to see, FC!

Dark Horse has its own previews page for the cover and 3 pages from UA: AS #1, as well as a free 8-p. story by Way & Ba featuring Academy member The Kraken in a solo tale on their online Dark Horse Presents MySpace page.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
BUMP! Because I don't want this book forgotten about.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

:frustrated: Impatiently awaiting #1 next month. It's nice to see banner ads on Newsarama, though. [Smile]

-

-

[ August 22, 2007, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the FCBD issue. Reminded me of the first wave of Vertigo stuff.

I'm on board, though it's not all far up in my pecking order.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

From Dark Horse's latest solicits, posted at CBR:

quote:
UMBRELLA ACADEMY PATCHES

On sale Nov 7

- UA Crest
$5.99

- The Kraken's logo
$3.99

- The Rumor's emblem
$3.99

- Umbrella logo
$3.99

Dark Horse is extremely enthusiastic about our upcoming comics series, The Umbrella Academy, conceived and written by Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, with interior art by Eisner Award-nominated artist Gabriel Bá. We predict a legion of fans for this mysterious tale of maladjusted individuals trying to save the world from a dark plot. And those same fans will be saving their pennies for these great patches, taken from the pages of the comic. The large patch (measuring 4" x 3") represents the crest of the Umbrella Academy, and the smaller patches (2.5" circle) represent The Kraken's logo, The Rumor's emblem, and the Umbrella Academy logo. Patches include iron-on backing.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.