Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
This bit from SDCC has me excited...

Interview with Gerard Way About UAVol.2
[Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Further, from the Dark Horse panel at SDCC:

quote:
- On Nov. 26, Umbrella Academy 2 will launch, continuing the story by Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba. "We've got a really crazy and surprising story for you," Allie said. The new volume focuses a lot on Number Five, the time-traveling character who disappeared and went into the future. Allie said the character left out a lot when he told the story of what happened in the future. "We'll also find out who those guys were in the diner who came after him," he said.
[sigh] 4 months... 2 months until I can preorder... [choke]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got 4 copies of the trade. I'm trying the Scooter approach t0 making fans. If anything can topple the zombie love fest in this place, it's an Umbrella coup.

(Not that I'm trying to topple the zombie army or it's creator...)

[ November 23, 2008, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Well, the UA:AS trade cover is hotter than any of the TWD trades... [Love] I'd like to strum THOSE hips...! [Drool]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Down Pov, down!

(me too!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

The next mini is Umbrella Academy: Dallas. The first issue is listed in the September PREVIEWS and is due in stores November 25th. The first issue will have a Jim Lee variant. [Drool] DCBS has #1 as a 50%off special and the variant for $4... I'm getting them both. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pov

From an old CBR thread here's a link to the Jim Lee variant cover for UA: Dallas #1.

--------------------

Pov

And from the DCBS solicits, here's a link to the regular Gabriel Ba cover.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm all a twitter for the new book. Give me the Ba cover, Lee's make it look too super-heroic.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I'll miss JJ's covers on UA, but yeah, I'm glad Ba's doing his own covers. Lee is what Lee is. I want it mainly for Vanya laying across the image... [Drool] Not as curvy as she is on Ba's Trade cover, but still...

And between the title for the mini, Ba's cover and the photos beneath everyone on the Lee cover, I'm getting an inkling of what might be going on. But the kids weren't even born before Click Here For A Spoilerthe JFK assassination, were they? [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
You can stand under my umbrella ella ella ay ay!

I've been meaning to look for this since I caught MCR live online for MySpace's Projekt Revolution broadcast:

Gerard Way singing Umbrella

For LASH. [Love]

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
I'm all a twitter for the new book.

CJ. check out Chapter 5, page 11 of the UA:AS trade... At first reading I thought it was throw-away dialogue. But Gerard was laying seeds for the next mini... [Hmmm?] [Cool]

--------------------

Pov

CBR has Dark Horse solicits up for December, with some cool UA stuff--

-a set of six figures ranging from 2-5" that comes in this frosted umbrella-themed package, and

-a hardcover Apocalypse Suite trade with a new cover by Ba and including the Vanya figurine from the set.

UA: Dallas #4 is also solicited, but there's no cover preview... [sigh]

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I bought this on CJ's recommendation. Other then having really soft hair, he knows his books.

Loved it and will probably give it to some of my friends as a Christmas gift. Something they would get into.

Can't wait for the new mini.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

This week!

We get Spaceboy on the couch, Seance at the Salon, some girl time, and the Kraken hunting the Boy.

Way does a great job of starting this new chapter. You don't need to have read the previous mini. There's a couple of references, but nothing to throw off a new readers.

Ba just makes this look like a fun book. Whether it's a fight scene or a race across town, it's kinetic and exciting.

[ November 29, 2008, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.