Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Is there some literary reference for The Boy's "Gazelle" dialogue? Kipling, maybe?

AWEsome issue. Allison's confrontation with the amnesiac Vanya was harsh but fitting... hopefully sowing seeds for V's redemption.

Nice to see a memorial for Pogo, but are they gonna repair the Horror memorial V sliced down in AS?

I give this four Open Umbrellas!

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Off to a great start! Like CJ said, just a fun, fun book full of energy. Looking forward to a wild ride here.

What I'm really hoping for is some more info on the 6th kid, the Horror. We basically know very little about his death, correct?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Horror is still an unknown at this point. Even as a kid, he isn't the most fleshed out character. But I'm sure Way will share something on him before all is said and done.

And here's to the second issue of Dallas. Something about seeing these characters fight reminds me of my own family, and that's where this book really works.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay every time an issue comes out, I get all giggly. And I get that way every comic book day, so this is an even more geeky rush.

Number 5 is more than he seems. Hazel and Cha-Cha are the best hitmen this side of Secret Six. Seance isn't the fop I thought he was, he just might be the most well adjusted of them all.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally got my last two months' worth of comics-- I got more out of UA: Dallas #2 alone than I did out of Final Crisis 5-7 combined. The fact that I also had #3 to read was further goodness on top. Washed that sour Morry taste from my mouth.
It's nice to reread books because they're FUN, not because I'm trying to make sense of what's happening. [Razz]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

So Pov, Hazel or Cha-Cha?
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
HA-CHA-CHA!
Pov

Seriously, I need a pink puppy helmet.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, EASTER BUNNY!" [LOL]

Pov

So I've avoided searching for news on the next miniseries, as I know Gerard's been in the studio with MCR and welcoming a baby into the world to boot, and Gabriel's been working a Vertigo mini with his brother (Daytripper #10, the last issue, was recently solicited)... but after rereading the Apocalypse Suite and Dallas trades back-to-back (AGAIN [Smile] ) yesterday, I had to seach for some kind of news. I found the title for the next mini, at least, though no solicitation info, on the DHMB:

Hotel Oblivion.

AAAARGH. [AHHHH!!!!] [sob]

Can't wait but I guess I have to... [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Pov

So after quite awhile in comic-time with nary a peep, Dark Horse finally posted some Gerard Way news-- He and Becky Cloonan will be in a ticketed NYCC panel next Saturday the 13th at 5pm for their Fabulous Killjoys series. No news on the UA:Hotel Oblivion mini, but hopefully getting Killjoys out of his system will allow Way to get back to the Academy stories... [sigh]

**"ticketed"--"*Tickets are available for free and on a first come first serve basis in the Dark Horse Booth on the day of the signing as soon as the convention hall opens. Note that fans line up very early in the Javits Center (The Javits Center opens at 7:00 a.m., so fans can line up inside as early as that time each day.)"

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.