Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25)
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This really is a great option to the big two kids. It's a fun story, with enough drama to keep you interested. Way doesn't hold your hand through the story, so it does require paying attention.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Vanya... Kraken's such a meanie. [Frown] Click Here For A SpoilerLooks like she's taking a seat with the Apocalypse orchestra. I'm hoping it's to infitrate the conductor's plan, but I'll settle for her having an eventual change of heart and redeeming herself... and it looks like she's finally going to discover her abilities! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They should include a CD of the concert and Vanya's playing.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was a Vanya issue, and I'm excited by Vanya's potential.

I like the Kraken, moreso than Spaceboy. But give me a Seance moment!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally got around to reading issue #1 (haven't purchased #2 yet, so will avoid all spoilers).

Just want to let you all know I'm on board. That was hella-awesome. Really, it just blew me away, completely unexpectedly. This is the kind of comic I reccomend to comic book fans and non-comic book fans alike.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

All right! Cobie read it! [Bouncing Boy]

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
They should include a CD of the concert and Vanya's playing.

Considering the goal of the Apocalypse Suite, I'll pass... [choke] [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
It was a Vanya issue...

Seance has had some good character moments, just really sparse and quick one-liners. Re: Vanya-- I can't wait for my next subs shipment to get here the beginning of next week... UA:AS #4 is going to be my first-read comic, ahead of Cap #33 and LSH #37! Click Here For A Spoilerdid anyone else catch the Easter Egg of her on the cover of #2? JJ put a tombstone of her in her violin costume... [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All right. I just picked up the first three along with the FCBD issue. I'll try to catch up. Actually syncing the scanned copies to my iPhone right now.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Hope you like it, Scooter. [Smile]

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
All right. I just picked up the first three along with the FCBD issue. I'll try to catch up. Actually syncing the scanned copies to my iPhone right now.

HA! Revenge is mine...
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I can't wait for my next subs shipment to get here... UA:AS #4 is going to be my first-read comic, ahead of Cap #33 and LSH #37!

...And it was! And it was gooooood...!

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. [Love] And I can't wait for #5 to get here already... [sigh]

Given what we've seen of 00.05 thus far, I'm intrigued by the significance of next month's cover,Click Here For A Spoilerwith him wearing Hargreeves' monocle... [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
#4 was another great issue.

It's like classic Vertigo.

Way's got a future in comics if he wants one.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting story and funny, too. The artwork's remarkable. Cartoony, but lots of details and backgrounds. I love stuff like the two hookers pulling each other's hair (this is the world worth saving?), the old lady with her flowers in the red light district, the Televator, the Temps - and letters.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

This book really is just throwing ideas out and having fun with it. Way and Ba make it a fun and enjoyable read each issue.
Pov

#5 is out this coming Wednesday, which means it should be with my midmonth shipment the following Monday! wOOt! [Bouncing Boy]

I can't wait to see what's up with the Temps and .05 . Click Here For A SpoilerAnd Vanya/Viole Blanche killing the Conductor off witha single note??? [Shudder]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
All this raving got me interested. My CBS had copies of UA 1, 2 and 4 on the shelf. I bought 1 and 2 to give it a try. Will read tonight.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.