Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy: Dallas (11/25)
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
If Ms. Cobalt's eldest son's memory can stay focused, I'll try to pick this up! Unfortunately, only a 15% of that happening, so give us reviews Pov and whet my appetite [Big Grin]

Tomorrow's the day, Des! Pick up UA:AS #1 and post your thoughts on it. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooooo

Aaaaaaaaa

It's here and it's good. We get some background on the characters and some current story. It's an introduction and a fun one at that. The art is simple, but very nice to look at. The story is a little more complex, and Way balances humour with pathos (as much as you can with brand new characters.)

[ November 26, 2007, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
urrrrrrrrgh... [Frown] :frustrated: I won't get my two copies until my EOM shipment gets here Oct. 1st... I can't wait! [Gasp] [Wink]

And of COURSE he can blend pathos... he's emo! [Poke Joke] at Lardy... [tease] [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I won't mention the preview CBR has for issue #2. It would be a shame to dangle that in front of you.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

:aneurism: [sob]

...be strong, Pov.... be strong....

--------------------

Pov

One... more... day... <grits teeth> [sigh]

--------------------

Pov

WELL worth the wait. [sigh] [Love]

AND I got an unexpected bonus : one of my two copies of #1 has the Gerard Way incentive cover! I have to e-mail DCBS and thank them, as I was unaware there was even a variant available!

wOOT! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Ahhhh good goofy fun! Issue #2 is out, and it's a great read. We get a glimpse of how truly bizare life is for a super-hero.
Pov

I love how bits like their "mother" and snippets of their history (or in 00.05's case, future) are woven into the story organically-- the half-page back cover of observations by Vanya (00.07) of her "siblings" is cool. I really want to know what happened to The Horror, but have a feeling that's going to be left unrevealed over this arc... Vanya and 00.05 seem to be the keys to the story so far.

Awesome, awesome! This and ATOMIC ROBO#1 are tied for my favorite comic this shipment. [Cool]

Pov

Oh, and Des... If you're not getting this, kick yourself in the @$$ for me. Then... GO GET IT!!! [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
okay! [Big Grin]

I actually have been very lax in my comic book buying and haven't been to the CBS in like five weeks! So I shall definately remind myself to look for this when I go.

Thanks for the reminder!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Issue #3 is scheduled for tomorrow folks. Way does a fine job of setting issue up without needing too much backstory.

Heere's an interview with him on CBR.

Way's way on Umbrella Academy

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought the firsttwo issues. They were amusing.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Did you pick up the third one Tamper? What about you Pov, what did ya think?
Pov

It's in my next DCBS shipment... still waiting. [sigh]

Hopefully my end-of-month books ship this week so's I'll have them next Monday... [sigh] [sigh]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.