Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Dead of the DCU in the last 7 Years (654 and counting!!!) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Dead of the DCU in the last 7 Years (654 and counting!!!)
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hold on, I updated the list again. It's now 325.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe they killed Blue Snowman and Dyno-Mite Dan!

I have a soft spot in my heart for third-string characters who are offed just because you can't permanently kill the big guns- characters like Double-Header and Kid Psycho and just about everyone on this list.

I have a particular soft spot for characters who are killed off because they are unpopular with some group of fans: like Monstress or Jason Todd (oh, wait, he's back).

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
How was MONSTRESS unpopular?!

Blue Snowman appeared in Power Girl #7 and she got eaten by an alien.

Dyno-Mite Dan died in Seven Soldiers #0. We didn't even find out his real name until Bulleteer #2.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't the Dyno-Mite Dan in that case a Grant Morrison creation and not the Golden Age character? That would fall under "Born To Die". then.

Monstress was very unpopular with a certain segment of Legion fandom. You can check the various boards and Usenet for proof of this. I liked the character myself.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Yeah he was.

But she's so... perky and honest and upbeat and she could crushing your sprocking head if she wanted. Dearie.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And the point is to show that the number of deaths in DC far outweighs the number of resurrections. In fact, the number of resurrections in the last seven years is pretty much the same number of the average amount of characters killed in a year.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
But she's so... perky and honest and upbeat and she could crushing your sprocking head if she wanted. Dearie.

That's what I liked about her.

That's what other people didn't like about her. They won.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

And now she's an argument against bringing back Lian Harper. That they listened and people were unhappy with the result. Nice.

Also, now note that most of the characters who were brought back died BEFORE 2003.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
I have a particular soft spot for characters who are killed off because they are unpopular with some group of fans: like Monstress or Jason Todd (oh, wait, he's back).

Remember that the death of Jason Todd was voted on by the fans. I think to make a killing on extra copies of the death issue that and a dislike of the Jason Todd character.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...so question:

1 - Lynx is seen on the cover of the new Red Robin in August as it indicates she's alive...hmmm? I understand that she was supposed to be dead as same as KIng Snake....so she's resurrected?

2 - there was no mention on how Amos Fortune died at all and how did he got his face back to normal after scarred the half side...he was very much alive as seen in JLA making bets against Roulette.

3 - Lady Spellbinder - the punk one - dead? How?

4 - Neturon and Reactron - they were seen in Action/Supergirl/Superman issues...dead? I stopped reading the final chapters...so I take it that supergirl's mom finally kills them?

5 - Black Mass dead? Overthrow dead? Rising Sun dead?!?!? (Rising Sun was last seen in hmmm oh yeah "Dance" issues with those super young heroes team) Penny Dreadful - nooooooo no way - when did she died?

6 - I am not sure about Time Commander - he was last seen stealing a time hourglass - fooling both Snapper Carr and Cheetah into saving JLA members....created a diversion...right now, he disappeared.

7 -Ronnie Raymond "reborn" ?? how come its not the same as other 11 guys and gal that said "resurrected"?

8 - which Mirage? we have two Mirage - one is Batman's foe and one is a Titans member - so I presumed you mean the one Batman's foe, right?

9 - Agent Liberty - dead?? killed by CodeName: Assassin I presume?

10 - we have two Disruptors...so add "2" to her.

11 - you can add Dr Polaris II to the list as I remember reading that in Cry for Justice...or other book...?

12 - who is Fury III aka Amazing Woman? No relation to either Fury I and II or Amazing Man at all?

13 - Whip dead? from the one from JSA? which issue?

14 - Shock Trauma is the one from the Hangmen, right? I thought all the members were killed - killed in Infinite Crisis, correct?

15 - poor all members of Demolition Team dead?!? I would love to see them making a comeback...somehow. heh.

16 - Toy dead? the one from Doom Patrol...the one with Mr. Nobody's team, as at least she was supposed to be? that her?

enough questions, :grin:

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
you forgot to add one more: Karate Kid II - Myg of Lythyl
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

The first Lynx died. I'm guessing the one in Red Robin is new as I've never really read Robin.

Amos Fortune got shot point blank in the face at the end of that fill-in arc of JLA before Robinson came on.

Spellbinder died in Infinite Crisis, she was gunned down.

Reactron died when they blew up New Krypton. HE was the bomb. Neutron died in Salvation Run.

Believe me, when you saw Rising Sun at the end of Dance, chances are he is dead. Penny Dreadful died in C4J.

Well he IS a time traveller, you never know.

I just said reborn, it doesn't mean anything. Sorry.

The Batman villain, he got his face bashed on the Crime Bible by Bruno Mannheim, who then ate him.

Yeah, Liberty was killed by Assassin.

Oh yeah, you're right in terms of Disruptor 2.

Oh yeah. No, he died in Blackest Night off-panel.

Fury III was Erik Storn from Luthor's Infinity Inc. He was also called Amazing Woman because... you don't wanna know.

Shelly Gaynor, the new Whip, died in Seven Soldiers #0.

The Hangmen faked their deaths, came back in Final Crisis: Revelations asking Libra to kill the Titans, and then the Spectre killed them.

I don't think all the members of the Demolition Team are dead.

Toy died this week in Doom Patrol #11.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
According to ComicVine Big Barda was seen alive at the end of Final Crisis.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I think PopArt Lad's decades-old prediction is true: In the future (our present), everyone in the DCU will be dead for 15 minutes.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
According to ComicVine Big Barda was seen alive at the end of Final Crisis.

Well that's the thing. I wasn't sure if I should add the new Gods because I don't know if it's really THEM at the end of Final Crisis or some new version of them.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.