Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Dead of the DCU in the last 7 Years (654 and counting!!!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Dead of the DCU in the last 7 Years (654 and counting!!!)
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, point.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This thread serves to explain why I don't really feel anything at all when a DC character dies or is brought back to life at least 90% of the time.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad I could be of service.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
This thread serves to explain why I don't really feel anything at all when a DC character dies or is brought back to life at least 90% of the time.

Thing is...Marvel is not any better really. Not trying to start something, but Marvel has been on a role lately as well.

And let's not forget the Scourge saga in Cap all those years ago. [Wink]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

^Absolutely, I'm not saying Marvel is better or worse. Marvel for a long period of time was certainly the worst offender among the Big 2. But that has changed in recent years it seems, as since Didio has come on board for DC, the company's integrity in this regard (gratuitous killing of heroes) has declined sharply.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
And let's not forget the Scourge saga in Cap all those years ago. [Wink]

I'm still bitter about the Wraith and the Ringer. [Big Grin]
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
^Absolutely, I'm not saying Marvel is better or worse. Marvel for a long period of time was certainly the worst offender among the Big 2. But that has changed in recent years it seems, as since Didio has come on board for DC, the company's integrity in this regard (gratuitous killing of heroes) has declined sharply.

Thinking back, can you pin it down (for Marvel) to getting worse when Marvel Knights started?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank God I don't read Captain America.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

That was a long time ago...there was someone (or mulltiple someones) running around killing e-level villians.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

You mean like Prometheus did with his little henchmen?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Dev - Em
KIA

http://marvel.com/universe/Scourge_of_the_Underworld
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:

Thinking back, can you pin it down (for Marvel) to getting worse when Marvel Knights started?
What I mean for Marvel is it goes back to the mid-90's, specifically when the Image guys left and Marvel felt the need to 'up its game'.

I don't think Joe Q & Marvel Knights are to blame for Marvel's woes in the same way Didio is. I feel Marvel has been that way for a long time. If anything, I'm surprised at how much restraint Marvel shows now that DC has surpassed them in this kind of gratuitous storytelling, because I would have figured years ago they'd just one-up DC some more and go even more gratuitous.

Of course, that didn't stop Jeph Loeb from trying to go that route in the Ultimate Universe but I dropped all of that so I'm not 100% knowledgeable about what is going on.

I guess I just always expected better from DC. I feel let down. Like the good one turned bad and not just bad, but *really* bad.

Dartalon
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dartalon   Email Dartalon         Edit/Delete Post     
Some i didn't see on list

Arak the Windwalker (Justice League: Cry for Justice)
Big Game I (Green Arrow)
Crusaders (Freedom Fighters)
* Citizen X
* Libertine
Death-Dealer (Green Arrow)
Doctor Dread (Doom Patrol)
Geiger (Teen Titans)
New Olympians (Justice Society of America)
* Antaeus
* Argus
* Diana
* Nox
* Proteus
* Vulcanus
Sewer King (52)
Slingshot (Green Arrow)
Vengeance (Green Arrow)

Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I feel bad for Loeb. His Batman stories are about the Holy Grail of Batman stories, and then I've heard about this whole Ultimatum thing...

I'm starting to think pod-people are invading, and their first victims were Loeb and Robinson.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Dartalon:
Some i didn't see on list

Arak the Windwalker (Justice League: Cry for Justice)
Big Game I (Green Arrow)
Crusaders (Freedom Fighters)
* Citizen X
* Libertine
Death-Dealer (Green Arrow)
Doctor Dread (Doom Patrol)
Geiger (Teen Titans)
New Olympians (Justice Society of America)
* Antaeus
* Argus
* Diana
* Nox
* Proteus
* Vulcanus
Sewer King (52)
Slingshot (Green Arrow)
Vengeance (Green Arrow)

Oh I remembered those New Olympians and that Arak guy! But I couldn't remember their names so I didn't want to add them yet.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.