Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Earth 2 (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Earth 2
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... so I kind of have mixed feelings on the new GL origin. I thought the "power of the Earth" stuff sounded kind of stupid, but by the end I was more intrigued by the idea that the greenflame had once been human. I hope the Green vs Grey stuff isn't going to turn into the Earth-2 version of the emotional spectrum or something annoying, though.

Loved the Flash/Hawkgirl interaction. And we've apparently got Fate in the mix as well.

Looking forward to the Atom next issue!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
3 is out already? CBS here I come!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I pretty much figured out Sam's fate from the end of issue #2.

EDE, I agree about the Power of Earth thing and the end where it might have once been human.

I definitely don't want the whole Johns color emotion thing. I think though it is more a Swamp Thing/Animal Man thing. Which could be equally annoying. It will be ok if they limit it to GL & Grundy.

Will the Atom be Sgt. Pratt from issue #1?

We have:
Flash
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
Fate
Mr. Terrific (Earth-1) (The Earth 2 Terry Sloane looks to become a villain)
Atom

Hint at Hourman

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought a solcit I saw said Atom Smasher.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hint at Wildcat as well.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I thought a solcit I saw said Atom Smasher.

It did, but the next issue blurb here says "The Atom".
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Art great, but the changes to the characters... I'm not feeling it. JSA is still my favorite contemporary team, but this is more like E-12 than E-2. Jay powered up by Mercury, Alan powered up by... swamp thing?

1970's, here I come.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I was gonna appeal to Rick to continue with E2, then decided not to.

But now I have been drinking, and... still am not going to.

Because I'm right there with him in my 70s love of the JSA.

I was gonna say that, every CRISIS has negated numerous stories that came before it and there's really NO reason for us to continue as fans of DC at all, really...

But then it dawned on me that sooner or later, a CRISIS will come along to restore our best-loved JSA! I'll be there when it happens, God willing and the creeks don't rise.

But until that happens, I'm really kinda enjoying this all-NEW all-NOW take on our Earth 2 faves. Come along for the ride, Rick! (awww, crap, that counts as an appeal I guess)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Not reading E2, but World's Finest has been pretty fun, if a little decompressed (I read 1-3 in one sitting and it could easily have been two issues). The art's great and Paul has some good banter going. Interested to see what happens when they go public in the DCnU. Should be some interesting interactions with the Super and Bat families.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I've been enjoying WF, though #3 seemed kind of repetitive of stuff we already knew.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been enjoying E2. Not a fan of the New 52 overall so I was excited about this comic.

Flash looks a bit hokey but when hasn't he? I don't mind it. Also don't mind the green/earth stuff for GL.

Basically it seems the JSA will be more magical than ever...which I like.

Flash getting his powers from Mercury, GL from the "earth", Hawkgirl hopefully egyptian ties, etc.

I like the black Hawkgirl. Especially if she has egyptian ties. I think this might be an easy transition for that character.

Don't LOVE the title but I like it.

Will Wildcat become an MMA fighter? [Smile] I hope so.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

E2 #4 was pretty solid. Maybe the most interesting Al Pratt has ever been, imo, though the "world army" stuff has the potential to become really annoying really fast. I'm also kind getting over the whole slow formation of the team thing, and wish they'd just get everybody together. That said, this remains a fascinating alternate take on the JSA.

WF #4 was pretty solid as well, if a bit workmanlike. I was kind of annoyed at the cover question asking "What are the Irradiated Man's ties to Earth-2?" or whatever, and then there's no answer to the question, or even real hints beyond the fact that there are such ties. You can really tell how much PL is putting into the relationship between the two leads, which is far more interesting than any of the characterization he's done in his latest Legion run, imo.

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
We're getting closer to having the team together. I wonder how many members there will eventually be? The banter between Jay and Kendra is fun. Atom's visual on the final splash page is impressive.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm wondering if it will parallel the original line-up, only with Kendra replacing Hawkman. We already have Flash, GL, Atom, Hawkgirl, and references to Fate as already involved in recruiting them, so all we would need would be Sandman, Hourman (who's been hinted at), and the Spectre.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I agre. Get the team together already. And yes, this is the most interesting Al Pratt has been in like forever.

It looks like we will be having an interruption with Earth2 issue 0

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.