Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » George RR Martin's Fire and Ice (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: George RR Martin's Fire and Ice
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Um, err. I've never heard of this wheel you speak of.

Actually, no one in particular. Just a few that seem to put crap out just to publish once, or even twice, a year.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Wamu, I also didn't discover the series until after Storm of Swords was out. I still wish the next book would come out soon though. Ah well....I just hope it is done before he dies of old age.

And Scott, there is no way he is going to kick out the final 3 books over the next 4 years. I am guessing a book this year, and another book every 5 years. That means the final book will be out around 2017.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lets see:

A Game of Thrones: 1996
A Clash of Kings: 1999
A Storm of Swords: 2000
A Feast for Crows: 2005
A Dance with Dragons: 2007 (?)

Even with the five years between Swords and Crows he's averaging less than 2.5 years between books. That does put it close to not making it for 2011. Of course, I'm not sure if the 2011 date is his own mandate or the publishers. But I would think he'd be cutting his own throat, after the HBO deal, to not finish sooner. Who knows though. Maybe we won't even see the series start until 2010.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Well..maybe...I hope you are right Scott - but I am afraid I am.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! I knew I'd seen it. [Big Grin]

The Hedge Knight comic by George R.R. Martin. It's an adaption of a novella set 100 years or so before Game of Thrones. There's a sequel now, too.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey just like the 5th beetle this guy has my name. I'm Jorge Martinez/George Martin. I will have to check out his work.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Ha! I knew I'd seen it. [Big Grin]

The Hedge Knight comic by George R.R. Martin. It's an adaption of a novella set 100 years or so before Game of Thrones. There's a sequel now, too.

I just ordered the hardbound collection of Hedge Knight. I'll probably wait for the same release of the sequel.

Loving Game of Thrones so far. Had to spend the last few hours in the ER with Mom again so I got about another 100 pages read.

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, no. [Frown] She's all right, I hope?

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Oh, no. [Frown] She's all right, I hope?

A bad case of austiomyolitis (sp?). Going to be on IV antibiotics daily for the next four weeks. But it could be worse. She wasn't scheduled to see her doctor until Friday and by then she could have lost a finger.
Arachne
Bookworm

Yikes! I'm glad they caught it in time.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Another night in the hospital, another 150 pages read. Hopefully I'll find time to read this when mom isn't in and out of the hospital.

I am so enjoying this book more than anything I've read in a long time. It has even inspired me to hunt down the defunct RPG version and start a campaign with my DnD group based in Westeros.

Arachne
Bookworm

Nothing too serious this time, I hope?

I've lost track of how many times I've read Game of Thrones. [Smile]

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Scott, my prayers are with you. I am also in total agreement: I have enjoyed reading Martin's Fire & Ice series more than anything I have read in a long time. The series is so rich it stands up to rereading several times. I am currently reading through the series for the 4th(!) time. Hopefully, the next book will be out before the end of the year.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks guys. She's in a care center for 30 days to (hopefully) get this infection cleared up. Seems to be doing a little better just after a couple of days.

On a brighter note, I just got my hardback copy of the Hedge Knight trade. Thinking of cracking it open before finishing AGoT.

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I read The Hedge Knight in a collection (somewhere) and just loved it. I didn't know there was a comic until it was linked up in an earlier post. Now I just have to find the trade...and the sequel.
Sweet.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.