Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I have only recently discovered this show through reruns on WGN and Comedy Central. LOVIN' IT!!!!

Zach Braff is a total nerd-hottie and I've had a crush on Donald Faison since back in the CLUELESS days!

Dr. Cox ain't bad either.

And nice to see someone from ROSEANNE has gone on to success. Go Sarah Chalke!

Favorite lower-tier characters: Laverne and Doug!

Zach and Donald may well replace Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as my favorite straight gay couple!

Looks like I've got some DVD purchasing to do.

[ September 19, 2010, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah Lash, Scrubs is a blast! I've enjoyed watching it over the years, and think Braff's narration is a lot of fun. It really brings the show to life! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Has it been cancelled, or are they bringing it back midseason again?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen it on the schedule lately, but i don't watch much NBC. It really was/is a good, fun show.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Scrubs" is awesome -- congrats on discovering the show LLash! It's a mid-season at this piont though - don't know when they plan on airing new eps.

The repeats I've seen are being shown in a weird order - they'll have two eps in a row, but from the fourth then first seasons which can be weird for those who don't know the show.

Not to detract from the greatness of the show, but it reminds me a bit of "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" - that old Fox pseduo-Ferris Beuller show. Anyone remember that?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
If you'd read your memos....
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I also recently discovered it via Comedy Central reruns. Hysterical show! The head doctor (the real jerk one) cracks me up in how he's such an @$$!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the janitor.
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SEASON 3 prchased today!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
One of the few truly great sitcoms currently on air. (I *think* its still on with new eps?)

It's all the great side-characters that make this show so funny. I think my favorite is Jordan (Cox's ex/baby-momma)

And The Todd is clearly the hottest guy on the show!

Re:Sarah Chalke- who would've thought the horrible Fake-Becky actually had real acting ability? She must have taken some classes between Roseanne and Scrubs or something. Hearing of her involvment in this show actually kept me at bay for the first couple seasons.

Watching this series on dvd is really the best way to go, as NBC's airing of it is very erratic and out of order.

[ October 29, 2006, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: KidChaos ]

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Scrubs will be back with new episodes mid-season again.

I never really got into this show till this year. A friend recommended it, saying it was the only sitcom he liked any more. This being someone whose judgement I trust, I checked it out and, lo and behold, he was right!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched disk 3 of season 1...

The episodes with Brendan Frasier (sp?) are hysterical. And I do know what eventually jappens.

I also loved the 4 St. Elsewhere docs showing up.

Just a great show...the wife and I are already talking of buying this soon...as well as House.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KidChaos:

And The Todd is clearly the hottest guy on the show!

Him? [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Good news, everyone!

SCRUBS returns THIS THURSDAY-- yep, tomorrow-- with all-new wackiness!

--------------------

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
And it is on after the Office!! (My current favorite sitcom!!!)

Looks like NBC's trying to rebuild their powerhouse Thursday lineups, like years gone by, but now with

My Name is Earl
The Office
Scrubs
30 Rock

All 4 shows are relatively popular and critically acclaimed. Haven't watched 30 Rock yet this season, but I believe most folks said the thing that made it weak was the show that followed it earlier this season (the dreadful "20 Good Years" with Tambor and Lithgow...that show basically got a loud dose of the current Legion rally cry "EAT IT GRANDPA!")

Glad to see Scrubs is officially back in a regular timeslot!! Looks to be a good line up on Thursday! (Except of course they have to compete with CSI and Grey's Anatomy, but that's why we can record shows, right?)

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.