Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
This may have been asked before, but have they ever shown JD's mom on that show? I know they have had a phone conversation, but i can't remember the mom having been shown?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Not really; We hear her voice and see her hands tucking JD into bed as a kid. It's in an episode near the end of season 3, right after JD got Elliot to dump Sean for him, then realizes he doesn't love her. He goes to talk to his ex, Danni, to try and figure out why he keeps screwing up in his relationships; She asks him what his Mom was like, leading to said "flashback".

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I checked YouTube for this clip from s03ep21, "My Self-Examination". JD's memory of his Mom runs from 0:20 to 0:33.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, okay, given that Ritter played his dad, who would be cool for the mom?

And why haven't they ever shown her for real in the show? Kinda strange, don'tcha think?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The Season 7 DVD comes out next Tuesday, 11/11. Only 11 episodes, but Bestbuy.com has it for under $20. [Cool] Hope the extras are worth it.

Hopefully the eps are in the correct sequence... Still ticked that Comedy Central finally started airing S7, but in the order NBC did. [Roll Eyes]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have to get this... plus Lucinda also comes out with a live DVD 11/11. Stupid rent-- if it weren't for that...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Who is Lucinda?

--------------------

Something pithy!

Pov

Lucinda Williams.
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The final season of SCRUBS on ABC officially starts Tuesday, January 6th at 9/8central!

Set your VCR's and Tivo's! [Bouncing Boy]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Povvins!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Check ABC's Scrubs page for the newest Scrubs commercial, after the original Scrubs promo. Looks good!
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Scrubs ABC Starter Kit
rickshaw1
Leader

Saw the first two episodes to air on ABC last night.

The tone of the show seems to have changed a bit. At the end of the first ep, they have a thing over the credits where JD is extorting them to work harder, not phone it in. It was meant to be a funny take off of the actors not phoning in their last season, but it didn't work to well, i thought. They really did seem to be phoning it in.

And i hate that. The show bounced around so much i really would have loved to see the energy and zaniness of the show give NBC the big old stink finger.

The second show was okay, the mostly sat around in chairs. The people just seemed...drained.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed that the camera angles seem to be different since going to ABC. The fast pace switching from scene to scene is slower in this season.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I don't know if a lot of the main crew didn't return, but things look different as well. Like they changed the cafeteria, etc...

courtney cox looked like she wasn't starving herself to death anymore and looked very nice. I think if she had stayed with the show in different capacity/role, the show would still be in great shape.

I think she and the character of Jordan would have been a great catfight style of bitchiness. Shame she was only there for three eps, she brought some real energy.

Saw the next two episodes as well. Sarah Chalke is still a hottie, but they really need to do something with her hair. Looks badly dated, like a bad farrah fawcett.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.