Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought alot of the Courtney Cox stuff felt flat, myself. And the new interns were dumped on us all at once. They're growing on me, though. I've enjoyed everything since, especially the Cox/Kelso relationship and Ted & Ukelele gal. Ted's band rehearsing BOC's Don't Fear the Reaper to sing to pediatrics was hysterical... [ROTFLMAO]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the show's definitely improved over last season. (aside from JD literally "phoning it in" for one episode) I like that they finally gave the Eliot/ Keith relationship proper closure, as JD and Eliot finally enter into a genuine adult relationship, the natural progression of the characters with JD becoming the "new Cox" as Cox has moved into the Chief position and how they've taken the new interns under their wing. Not crazy about Kelso becoming the goodly fount of wisdom, but I am glad that he's still on the show in some capacity.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Ukelele gal!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen anything after the comedy skit show, and only the first part of that. Was that it?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

It's on tonight at 8... entering the series homestretch... [sigh]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it coming back next season, even without Carla and JD?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I've heard rumblings of a retitled show, but nothing concrete. They're also losing show creator Bill Lawrence along with Braff and Judy Reyes, so I don't know how good it would be... [Hmmm?]
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I've read that the new interns are getting a spinoff.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I dunno how this is gonna go. I saw tonight's ep (first I've seen at the new home on ABC) and the absence of JD, Carla, Dr. Cox, even Janitor totally hurt the episode for me. Where WAS everyone??!!?? At least Todd put in an appearance, but NONE of the other 2nd/3rd tier folks were around... Doug, Lonnie, Keith, Dr. Beardface, Col. Doctor, Gloria... I mean, WTF? This was a huge cast that I felt like it was gutted and poor Elliott and Turk were struggling to carry the episode alone.

The new guys were okay, I kinda liked the nerdy glasses intern and the chick intern trying to get the patient to fart-- I think she is my favorite.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic and definitely get this on DVD but I was somewhat disappointed. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I think that they are doing a guy breakup thing, the slow fade. The regulars are doing less and less and the new guys are doing more and more to get us used to them.

My reaction is...eh. The new crew just doesn't have that chemistry. The nice chick is nice, but not really hot enough to make me want to see her being a goofball more. the guy with the glasses has grown a lot since his child actor roles, and he's actually my favorite of the bunch, but I don't see him as having enough of a charm so far to help tote the load. The hot butch chick is...well, average at best.

I can see loosing JD and Carla, but to lose kelso, cox, Jan E. Tor and the rest...sorry. Not enough there.

--------------------

Something pithy!

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
If they plan on having the newbies carry the show, the biggest problem is that there's no heart. There's no JD in the bunch. No one to give the show a point of view. If they try to make it a workplace ensemble show with no clear lead, I don't see it holding together.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The latest three episodes have been hitting all the right notes for me. The Bahamas 2-parter (My Soul on Fire) and My Cuz had me laughing more than any SCRUBS episode in the last two seasons, at least. It's nice that they're getting a proper wrap-up, spinoff or no.
Pov

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
P.S.-- "Weiner Cousins", *teehee*! [LOL]
Pov

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
From the SCRUBS FaceBook fansite-

quote:
heads up: the next new episode "My Chief Concern" has been moved to Tuesday May 5th at 8/7c on ABC due to President Obama's press conference. "My Finale" still airs Wednesday May 6th at 8/7c.
Only 2 eps left... [sigh]
rickshaw1
Leader

Dear god, the man is gonna press conference us to death. Well, sounds like a good night to rent a movie for me. I'll catch something interesting...like a documentary on paint drying.

*no, this isn't biased. I didn't watch bushes "press" conferences either. I can't stand the bs of either party anymore.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.