Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » DC Universe Online (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: DC Universe Online
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll link some screenshots of what you can do with the character creator, if I can ever get the ****ing thing to take a screenshot and save it to a folder, which is apparently 31st century Gil'Dishpan technology to the idiots at Sony, since they didn't bother to use the pre-existing folder made explicitly for that purpose, that even their *other* games use.

Grr.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
If you find out how to do screenshots let me know.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
F9, instead of PrntScrn was my problem.

They use F9 for Screenshots. The screenshots get saved into a folder which should default to C://Users/yourusername/My Documents/My Games/DC Universe Online/DC Game/Screenshots

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
On Virtue & Vice I currently have Chameleon Kid!

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Crymsun Kid:
On Virtue & Vice I currently have Chameleon Kid!

Did you go for the Nature / Shapeshifting theme?

I meant to try it, but got sidetracked playing with Sorcery / Summoning, Nature / Plant and Gadgets / Tricks.

My latest character is silly, a Martian Manhunter inspired character called Venusian Girlhunter, a flying bow-using flame character. (She's a girl. She thought that 'manhunter' meant 'man, who hunts,' and since she was a girl, who hunts, 'girlhunter' seemed like the obvious choice. Silly alien teenagers!) Plus, the game wouldn't let me name her Venusian Manhunter. Nor Venusian Vampire Vixen, oddly. Perhaps Bill Watterson copyrighted that... [Smile]

I was considering a whole planet-manhunter theme, with a fire speedster called Mercury Manhunter and a telepathic flying Saturnine Manhunter and a Plutonian Manhunter with ice powers, but that seemed too silly, even for me.

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I did go with Nature/Shapeshifting with Chameleon Kid. His first form is a Pteradactyl, but I'm not sure if I like it's attack powers. It is nice to be able to fly, in that form, and do acrobatics in his main form.

Now.. I want to add you guys as friends on Virtue & Vice.. but i'm not sure how. Anyone know?

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Just picked up and started playing the game yesterday.

My PC doesn't have any hope of running it though, so I'm playing the PS3 version

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I could join in the fun with y'all but my PC hasn't a chance of running it & I've yet to be able to afford a PS3.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got my review copy and, after hours of downloading, have a game installed on my PS3.

What server are you on, dedman? And who else is on PS3?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour I am on PS3 as well as PC. Wish I could get my ps3 sub to change to yearly.
Blue Battler
Honorary

And I am on Crisis on PS3. [Big Grin]
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll hop on to Crisis then, if I ever get a chance to play -- maybe next weekend.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I'm just too old, but I can't see spending 50 bucks for a game I have to pay 15 bucks more a month to keep playing. Thats $230 for just one year. Guess I'm just not much of a gamer. I still haven't figured out facebook now that lash threatened to beat me with a 2x4 if i didn't join. [LOL]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

I have no idea why, but when my character entered the Metropolis police station to complete a mission, floating near one of the vendors was the Emerald Eye of Ekron.

It didn't have any name and wasn't targettable, but it was a basketball sized floating big eyeball with a green iris, and a corona of green energy around it.

I was kinda surprised to see that!

Set

Random review of the game;

So I've made three heroes and three villains, just to play around with the beginning storyarcs for each of the six mentor types.

So far, working for Batman, my speedster / super-intelligent gadgeteer, Meanstreak, teamed up with Batwoman, against the Scarecrow, and Nightwing against Bane.

The Scarecrow fight was very funky, as he kept sending waves of manifested fears against us, which the game created as monsters that we had to fight, or dangers we had to avoid (literally 'fighting our fears') until we could fight them off and then return to kicking his butt. (An earlier mission, where the character destroyed a reserve of fear gas he had squirreled away, turned out to be relevant, as he menaced about unleashing a new fear on us, and then muttered 'What? How can I be out of gas already?')

The Bane fight had some environmental stuff, as Bane would destroy support pillars and make the building start collapsing in certain areas (so you had to run to another part of the room, and attack from a distance, to avoid getting munched by falling debris near him), and warned that he could dig his way free, but we'd be crushed when he collapsed the final pillar, so Nightwing and my character had to take him down before he got to that pillar. It was a close one!

For Lex Luthor, my shapeshifter character fought Power Girl, with the Parasite and dozens of parasite-infected students, and she kicked my butt a half-dozen times. I gave up on that one and I was so pissed off I deleted that character. Power Girl is hardcore. My new Lex Luthor character is a hammer-wielding flying wind and lightning-throwing dude named Sturmhrafn, who is in no way a shameless Thor-ripoff. See, he's got *black hair,* so, totally different! [Smile]

For Circe, my flying sorceress-golem, Orichalum, invaded Dr. Fate's 'sanctum of magic' and shut down a spell he was using to interfere with an evil agenda to bring some of Trigon's power into the world, so that she could tap it, and faced Dr. Fate with Brother Blood at my side. He also kicked my evil butt the first time, and I left the mission, ran around for a bit doing other missions until I was a few levels higher, and then came back and, with Bloods help, banished Fate's spell, and kicked his butt.

For Superman, my plant-controlling staff-wielding acrobat, Woodwose, helped free the Flash from a trap of Gorilla Grodd's, and then we fought him together. (Another Superman mission had me fighting through waves of Queen Bee's drones, to finally get to her, and discover that she was working for Brainiac.)

For the Joker, my fireball-throwing martial artist speedster, Feurkraft, went into a mission to free some Falcone hoods from a Gotham City PD raid, only to find out at the last moment that the Huntress had shown up to help. Fortunately for team evil, Catwoman showed up as well, and had a personal grudge to settle with the Huntress, so although she was no big help freeing the Falcone's, she was there for the big fight with the Huntress, who was pretty tough.

I haven't gotten far enough with the Wonder Woman-mentored character (flying telekinetic in a formal fancy dress party sort of dress, who carries a couple of pistols. La Femme Nikita, if she was also a telekinetic...) to have one of these 'team-up' missions, but it looks like rescuing Zatanna from Felix Faust is on the menu.

Both Circe and Lex Luthor are big on infecting / possessing people with stuff, Lex having them turned into Parasites and Circe having them possessed by fire demons from Trigon's realm. Even as a veteran of playing evil classes in EverQuest, Horde in Warcraft and villains in City of Villains, I was a bit taken aback by missions to run around knocking civilians unconscious and then having them possessed and transformed into fire demons, to send after the cops... Yikes!

Circe also had a followup mission to stop Raven from resisting Trigon's efforts to enter this plane. To do that, my character had to fight through various police officers in the precinct where she was meditating, and in the first area, fight Wonder Girl, in the next, Starfire, then Cyborg, and finally, Nightwing. After beating them all, my evil sorceress had to fight Raven herself, who kept sending soul-selves to defend herself (this fight occured in her mind!), and they were more hardcore than any of the Titans that I had to face on the way in!

Hearing Circe rant about how cool it was going to be now that we'd broken down the barriers keeping Trigon out of this plane made me think that her and Blood are a few sandwiches short of a picnic, if they think that letting Trigon into this plane is a good idea... Bad villains! Plan ahead!

I still pretty much loathe the interface, but I've got three more days before my 1 month subscription runs out, and since I've decided not to renew (at least until I get a new job!), I wanted to give each of the powersets, and each of the mentors, a run, just to see what was what.

There are exactly two things I really like about the game;

1) the ability to use acrobatics or super-speed to run up walls, which, in CoH or Champions Online, are pretty much impassible barriers to anyone who didn't take Flight.

2) the presence of all these familiar faces. Running around the Legion of Doom headquarters (deep under the ocean) or the Justice League Watchtower (in orbit), you run into tons of super-heroes, like the Flash or Hawkman, or villains like the Riddler or Black Adam. Being able to run missions with them assisting you, or against other 'named' supervillains (or heroes) is kinda neat. City of Heroes and Champions Online may be *vastly* better, mechanically, and have so many more options that it's ridiculous (CoH *started* with 45 powersets, and has dozens more now, while DCO has between 6 and 12, depending on how generous you feel), but being able to fight alongside Nightwing, as a hero, or get your butt kicked by Power Girl, as a villain, is a totally cool experience.

Booster Gold gets a fair amount of play as well, narrating tours of the city (in a self-promoting and boastful fashion), and being seen on the occasional billboard, and Ambush Bug shares the dubious distinction of being the only character to appear in both the Hall of Doom *and* the Watchtower, since he's apparently not very clear about which side he's on...

It looks like, in the Arena combats, you'll be able to play *as* certain unlockable DC characters, and Harley Quinn is the first villain that everyone gets as an option, and, IIRC, Robin is the first hero. I haven't played any Arena games, and I don't much care for PVP, so I have no idea how fun it would be to play *as* these particular characters (neither of which, frankly, blows up my skirt, and while there are ways to get access to other options, my disinterest in PVP has stopped me from exploring those options).

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.