Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » DC Universe Online (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: DC Universe Online
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Thanks for that summary Set. I've been on the fence about this game for a little while now. The reviews haven't exactly been filled with praise... but the thought of playing in the DCU alongside all my favourite characters (well, some of my favourite characters until they get the 70s Titans and the Legion in there) is a real draw.

Not that I've ever played CoH but the fact that it has so much more choice of powers (and I've heard DCU Online does not have much of a selection of costumes/'looks' either) is a bit disappointing. You'd think a new game would have taken what an old game did and improved upon it.

I think I'll wait a while to see if it improves and just follow the reviews. Don't really have the time or money to spend on something that's less than 100% fun at the moment.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
If I didn't already have so much experience with MMOs that weren't designed to be compatible with a six-button playstation controller, and allowed me to make use of my entire keyboard *and* my mouse, I'd probably love it. But it's just so painfully small and limited, compared to what I've played already.

Right now there's a special offer to get 90 days for 29.95 ish, and I'm considering whether or not that's worth it. (Normally MMOs are 19.95 per month, ish.) I've got free lifetime access to Star Trek online, Champions online and Lord of the Rings online, as well as a few characters on a friends World of Warcraft accounts (he's got six accounts!), so I'm not lacking for stuff to play, even without spending money...

I got my Joker-allied character up to the next teamup mission, which is the exact same beat-up-Bane mission, only, as a villain, I'm teamed up with Killer Croc instead of Nightwing. I failed the first couple of times (Killer Croc is no Nightwing, that's for sure!), and will have to do the old 'go outside and get a few levels and try again' tactic.

It looks like they recycle a few missions, like the fight with Bane. On the one hand, that's a little cheap, on the other hand, it might be fun to play the Parasite vs. Power Girl fight or Dr. Fate vs. Brother Blood fight on the side of the good guys!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
And I've run into the Emerald Eye of Ekron again, this time outside of the Gotham Botanical Gardens.

I have no idea what's up with this!

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the Emerald Eye also Set. It was near one of the Metropolis Police Stations. The one in Little Bohemia.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta get back into playing this.
Just been so busy lately I haven't had a chance.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

I've now seen one following someone, so it must be some sort of pre-order bonus 'pet' with no special abilities or something. They are common in other MMOs, and I didn't pre-order, so I didn't get any such toys.

If I'd known the Emerald Eye was a pre-order toy, I probably would have made a character with that theme and pre-ordered. [Smile]

Edit: On second thought, looking at the pre-order bonuses, that isn't one of them, so it must be a quest reward or something you can get otherwise, perhaps by running the Joker's Vault a lot. (I've gotten a Lobo hoodie, a Hawkman hoodiie, a Joker hoodie, a Shazam t-shirt and a bouncy kryptonian ball so far. Will keep trying for that Emerald Eye!)

[ February 19, 2011, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's a pet choice from sorcery called the Watcher. But I'm not sure.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think it's a pet choice from sorcery called the Watcher. But I'm not sure.

That would be hilarious, since I've got a mid-level summoner/sorcerer and just never got around to picking that power...

Doh!

Got my first character to max level (30, for this game). Currently messing around with different newbie builds. All of the really cool names I want to use are taken, and my character design is generally built around the concept, which totally changes when I have to pick another name, forcing me to start all over again! Grr. Who took Sol Invictus, anyway? How obscure do I have to get? [Smile]

Less time to play, though, as a friend has pressed me into service getting his WoW herbalist and miner skilled up while he's at work.

Ah, the life of the unemployed gamer. "Will level your toons for food!"

[ February 20, 2011, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I had more time to play. I get maybe 5 hours in a week.. [Frown] Too much going on.. work, kids. Typical life of a single Dad I suppose.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

I'm going to be on Virtue & Vice tomorrow as my villain character... probably some time in the afternoon. My character's name is Kill Shot. Look me up if you want to team up in Gotham.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
DC Online is joining the free to play bandwagon.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jab
meow

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jab   Author's Homepage   Email jab         Edit/Delete Post     
hiiii im on this if anyone wants a nooby group person looking for a faux legion league. my character is 'action lad', my psn name thingie is jabbers 2099. i have no clue about any mmorpg lingo, but i like to play. heh.
From: mini mall island | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got on DCU online for the 1st time with a character named Wildwolfkid.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Started playing yesterday, already up to about level 7. I'm a psychic meta hero, called Vivid.

[ January 23, 2012, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello to old friends.

I'm addicted to this game. I have 6 characters right now. lol. Two Legion inspirations.

UltraMan5yl is the main one I am using right now. Superman mentor. Do we have a Legion League created on there?

I'm on the PS3 version though. I am guessing most are on the PC version.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.