Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COCKS WIN! COCKS WIN! Back to Back College World Champs! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: COCKS WIN! COCKS WIN! Back to Back College World Champs!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You haven't lived until you've seen some dude (well, I guess it might not always be a dude. Who can tell?) dressed as a giant humanoid beaver flinging baseball merchandise into a crowd of drunken goofballs using either what looks like a giant toy bazooka or what looks like a giant thong (ie-- a slingshot).

[sigh] That's the kinda' thing that makes this country the greatest country in the world, damnit!

[ July 01, 2010, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
So does this. I-75 in Michigan has Exit 69 on Big Beaver Rd.

I couldn't make that up.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If it intersected with Richard Head Ave., I'd lose it!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Just off Titwiller drive.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
With a fabulous view of scenic Rooster Rock!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Just check out Fairy Chimneys.

http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/geology/famous-rock-formations/

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Every joke I can think of right now would net me a temporary suspension from here-- at the very least.

[LOL]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

My wife told me about a place out west (where she lived for a time as a kid) called Cock Rock. I didn't ask.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

I just feel the need to say to all those overbearing clemson fans...Hey, we're national champs, and we've done it recently.*

*That is a little shot at the worst of the clemson fans, not the normal folk, lol.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

Now I'm confused. I thought that we all came here to get away from normal folk.

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

'got news for you, mah dear, the weird, aberrant and strange ARE the normal folk. Clemson fans are just a special breed of strange and depraved, and I ain't even talkin' bout the hardcore fans....

* [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Okay, with the clock tickin' (Since the Bball teams national championship, old Stevie is feelin the heat) the first game of the season was promising. And I say that because even though they were playing SM, which ain't exactly a powerhouse, the team looked good. Garcia didn't look lost anymore, and had two great runs into the endzone. The back, Shaw, was okay, but it was obvious that SM thought they could smother him because he was a freshman.

The reason I say promising is because the Gators don't appear to be as dominating as they were last year (shaky I know based on one weekend), and we've beaten Georgia before. Eeek out those wins plus the lesser schedule and maybe one against Tennesee and you've got a pretty nice schedule. Notice I didn't include Clemson. You just never know when the two hottest instate rivalries meet.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Hey, I hear the football cocks are ranked 24th. Not bad.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

Meanwhile, our local baseball franchise has quietly breathed its last. Sadly, there were no headlines saying anything like, "ZOMFG! Portland's All Outta' BEAVER!!"

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Speakin' as an old married guy, when the world runs outta beaver, I ain't eatin' tail no mo'.

*Just so ya know, the tail of the beaver was considered to have some of the best cooking meat in all the animals of the old west. Although, I hear cougar was better. [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.