Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Some pretty cheesy bits in the second episode, but still a fun watch.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to watch it, but had a hard time getting into it.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I dig it, though it is a bit...serious. I don't recall Ollie being quite this intense in the comics, but it's been years since I read them so perhaps my memory is a bit faulty.

I'll be honest with you though...i'm going to keep watching this just for more of those delicious shirtless shots of Ollie.

RAWR.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kinda liking how it's two stories in one. At the moment, I'm intrigued by the mystery of what happened on the island to result in those scars, and also result in Ollie learning to speak Chinese.

(Since it was an island in the south China sea, I suppose it makes sense that he'd run into smugglers or refugee/dissidents or some secret military listening post or whatever from China, out there. Or possibly just a cranky old hermit with a bow...)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Shirtless shots of Ollie are a running theme since Justin Hartley played him in Smallville, and certainly drew me in too. They're all over Manhattan as billboards at the moment.

Aside from his body, I liked the pilot I'm happy to say. Haven't seen the second ep yet. Unfortunately it seems it's no available through On Demand on cable.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The lame-ass CW apparently doesn't do On-Demand. I dvr'ed it but it was interrupted halfway through --right when a big awesome fight was happening-- by a weather report that seemed to go on forever. I'm so annoyed I don't even want to watch the rest on HULU now. I'll read the recap on EW and try again next week.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
My opinion remains the same after the second episode. The show needs a bit of levity. It appears that there might be some with his burgeoning friendship with Diggs, but the show's still a bit too much about Ollie's righteous crusade.

The island story is certainly getting more intriguing...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
At the moment only the pilot was on free Hulu, second ep was only on Hulu+. Fortunately someone there mentioned seeing it on cwtv.com, so I'm caught up.

It being only the second episode I'm fine with he focus staying on the crusade, how far should it have strayed so soon?

A little more surprising is that I haven't even noticed the lack of humor, and I like a fair amount usually, so the writing must be pretty decent so far. Might make any humor they do write all the more effective when it happens. Or maybe not.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What night does Arrow come on?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wednesday at 8:00.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Really enjoyed this third episode! There's just one thing that confuses me. Oliver was apparently a four-time private school dropout before he was stranded on an island for five years. And yet he comes back knowing how to craft high tech arrows, hack Interpol, cure poison, and basically be something akin to a scientist. Now, him learning to be a "weapon" I would buy. But where the hell did he learn all this crap?! Certainly not from his long-bearded Chinese friend on the island.

[ October 25, 2012, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Conjure Lass ]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Really enjoyed Dinah Laurel kicking ass and Ollie letting Diggle in on his secret (it was going to get pretty unrealistic if he didn't soon...)

I think he learned the poison cure stuff from the Chinese guy, but I was wondering how he was able to pick up electronics and Russian on the island.

Ooh... and secret headquarters under a Nightclub? Yes!

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Disco HQ? I expect this thread to spontaneously move to the Titans forum.

PS: Markovia.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Really enjoyed Dinah Laurel kicking ass and Ollie letting Diggle in on his secret (it was going to get pretty unrealistic if he didn't soon...)

I think he learned the poison cure stuff from the Chinese guy, but I was wondering how he was able to pick up electronics and Russian on the island.

Ooh... and secret headquarters under a Nightclub? Yes!

I got the feeling that Dig had sort of already figured it out and that he and Ollie were winking at each other about it. I think I would have preferred it stay that way for a few more episodes.

But yeah...i'm hoping that they come up with some sort of explanation as to Ollie's amazing proficiency with electronics and speaking Russian. Chinese makes sense. Russian does not. xD

[ October 25, 2012, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Conjure Lass ]

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoever 'they' are that the Chinese dude on the island said were going to kill him sound like the source of his mysterious Russian tattoo / Russian skills / assassin skills. We still haven't seen the 'origin' of his many scars (well, the shoulder one, from the arrow, obviously, but there are quite a few others that he may have gotten after being captured by the men in black with the guns).

Perhaps some sort of Russian 'League of Shadows' branch or covert ops group or something uses the island as a training camp?

I imagine it will start to make sense as stuff is revealed.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.