Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda hit or miss for me... feel like it's trying too hard to be "The Dark Knight"... loved Laurel kicking ass though... and looking forward to seeing how they depict Huntress...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It is funny that with all the effort that been put since the late 60s to distance GA from the "Batman with a bow and arrow" image, that's the first comparison everyone is drawing in regards to this show.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, the comparison doesn't really bother me much. There are tons of characters with dark pasts who fight crime in ways that could be considered questionable. I don't see why Ollie is so special.

I'm personally hoping for ONE likable female character in the show. So far every girl has been almost completely abrasive save the waitress they introduced last episode and the computer chick.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
love that show. although its completely different from the books, I still enjoy it! esp seeing shirtless Ollie...ah...
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Episode 3:

This is more like it-- I was pretty into this episode. Now that a lot of the setup is out of the way, we're getting down to business!

Deadshot looked cool, but I thought it was pretty lucky Oliver was able to pull off the hit he did in between arm-gun rapid fire. Oh well, disbelief suspended, no problem!

Nice to see Dinah Laurel Lance show that she's got a few moves... I foresee a fun Black Canary, hopefully well before season's end!

I felt in love with nerdy hot IT girl and Digg's sister-in-law's line about him adopting 2 white boys was amusing.

The island flashbacks are heating up too.

I'm onboard unless it just goes totally in the crapper somehow.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Computer chick is apparently a Firestorm supporting character. I'm wondering if she'll somehow end up playing an "Oracle"-type role on the show?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I def. think they are setting things up for Oliver to have a support staff, even showing him realizing he can't do certain THANGS alone. Digg's gonna be onboard, Black Canary is coming (I'll bet), and Computer IT Girl will make a GREAT Oracle-ette!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
So what's computer girl's name?
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Felicity Smoak.
Eryk Davis Ester

Click for fullsize image
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting that they should snatch her from Firestorm's mythos and put her here.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, if I'm right that she's going to take on an "Oracle" role, since they probably couldn't use Barbara Gordon because she's too closely associated with the Bat-mythos, my guess is they probably just searched around for another DC female supporting character associated with computers.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

I agree that seems most likely, though I'm almost impressed that they bothered looking through the DCU for one. I guess the comic fans mean more nowadays than they used to.

Just read that Felicity Smoak is Ronnie Raymond's stepmother. Was she ever helping Firestorm on cases, and was she in on his secret?

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
I agree that seems most likely, though I'm almost impressed that they bothered looking through the DCU for one. I guess the comic fans mean more nowadays than they used to.

It probably has to do with character-ownership issues as much as anything else. If they use an existing DC character, then DC owns the character outright, whereas the situation is often more complicated with characters created specifically for tv shows.
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

<sigh>

Now that you mention it, that is a far more likely reason. Damn that was silly of me.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.