Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Man there were some great games yesterday! The results should really scramble the rankings. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Grats to LT & Dev for their 80%

Here's this weeks results and overall totals so far.

Cobie 7 of 10 = 70% (Season ~ 59 of 90 = 65%)
Lardy 6 of 10 = 60% (Season ~ 56 of 90 = 62%)
Vee 6 of 10 = 60% (Season ~ 55 of 90 = 61%)
Legiontracker 8 of 10 = 80% (Season ~ 58 of 90 = 64%)
Rick 6 of 10 = 60% (Season ~ 57 of 90 = 63%)
Dev-Em 8 of 10 = 80% (Season ~ 51 of 90 = 57%)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Here is the slate of games to ponder this week. I suspect it may be another week of surprises. Please note that the first game is on Thursday night so make sure to get you selection in by 7:30 pm eastern on Thursday! (At least for that game.)

Week 10
Virginia Tech @ Miami ~ THURS
Syracuse @ Cincinnati
Houston @ East Carolina
TCU @ West Virginia
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State
Texas @ Texas Tech
Nebraska @ Michigan State
Oregon @ Southern California
Clemson @ Duke
Alabama @ LSU

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. A great week for me overall. Hit one game wrong in the NFL and two here for college.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Here are the new polls. Lots of changes as expectes...

AP Top 25

1.Alabama (60)
2.Oregon
3.Kansas St.
4.Notre Dame
5.LSU
6.Ohio St.
7.Georgia
8.Florida
9.Florida St.
10.Clemson
11.South Carolina
12.Louisville
13.Oregon St.
14.Oklahoma
15.Stanford
16.Texas A&M
17.Mississippi St.
18.USC
19.Boise St.
20.Texas Tech
21.Nebraska
22.Louisiana Tech
23.West Virginia
24.Arizona
25.UCLA

USA Today

1 Alabama (59)
2 Oregon
3 Kansas St.
4 Notre Dame
5 LSU
6 Georgia
7 Florida St.
8 Florida
9 Clemson
10 Louisville
11 South Carolina
12 Oklahoma
13 Oregon St.
14 Boise St.
15 Stanford
16 Texas A&M
17 USC
18 Mississippi St.
19 West Virginia
20 Texas Tech
21 Nebraska
22 Texas
23 Louisiana Tech
24 Oklahoma St.
25 Rutgers

Bowl Champ. Series
1 Alabama
2 Kansas St.
3 Notre Dame
4 Oregon
5 LSU
6 Georgia
7 Florida
8 South Carolina
9 Florida St.
10 Louisville
11 Oregon St.
12 Oklahoma
13 Clemson
14 Stanford
15 Mississippi St.
16 Texas A&M
17 USC
18 Texas Tech
19 Boise St.
20 Nebraska
21 West Virginia
22 Arizona
23 Texas
24 Oklahoma St.
25 Louisiana Tech

[ October 28, 2012, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
OMG, did any of you see the injury Marcus Lattimore at South Carolina sustained. By far one of the worst I've seen in a game.

This poor kid fought back from a season ending ACL last year and was having a great season this fall...until today.

I pray its not as bad as it seems and that he is able to fully recover.

Finally saw this. OMG that looked painful.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Good news is he only dislocated and hyperextended the knee. Done for the season but plenty of others have come back from that injury to have good careers. And trust me, I know about knees. [Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I do too. It looked worse than that on the replay. his leg really flopped around for a minute and did not look natural laying there.

Glad it's only hyperextended.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. Guy on the radio today said Lattimore might miss 2013, too. Was he misinformed?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Not necessarily. He could be done as well really. Depending how bad it truly is.

Add to his injury to the other knee, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could be done. It'll be a long road back.

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, it easily could. but it could go the other way as well. Odds are, if he does finish his career at USC (which he could, never been redshirted before), he probably wouldn't be a high pick for the NFL.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

There's definitely a big difference in the reporting today on the severity of his injury than yesterday. Yesterday reports were that he had a fractured femur and patela and ruptured ACL, MCL, RCL & LCL. In essence everything that held the knee together was blown out and the only thing holding his knee together was the skin over it. That would have most likely been a career ending injury.

Don't know where that info came from as specific as it was. By today the reports had changed to a dislocated and hyper-extended knee which is quite different. With the proper care he would likely be back for spring training, if this is accurate.

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
dislocated? there's a doctor with a sense of understatement. That knee was dislocated to jersey.

Since McGahee came back, I pretty much believe anything is possible. Best wishes for the young man.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Week 10
Virginia Tech
Cincinnati
East Carolina
West Virginia
Mississippi State
Texas
Michigan State
Southern California
Clemson
Alabama

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Week 10
Miami
Cincinnati
East Carolina
West Virginia
Mississippi State
Texas Tech
Michigan State
Southern California
Duke
LSU

Vee
Still smoooooth!

My picks for Week 10...

Virginia Tech @ Miami ~ THURS ~ Miami
Syracuse @ Cincinnati ~ Cincinnati
Houston @ East Carolina ~ Houston
TCU @ West Virginia ~ West Virginia
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State ~ Texas A&M
Texas @ Texas Tech ~ Texas Tech
Nebraska @ Michigan State ~ Nebraska
Oregon @ Southern California ~ Oregon
Clemson @ Duke ~ Clemson
Alabama @ LSU ~ Alabama

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.