Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Little surprised that Stanford didn't rank higher after taking down the Trojans. I was rooting for Southern Cal, however, because I wanted to see a legitimate non-SEC power oppose the eventual SEC representative (most like 'Bama again) in the championship game. They can still climb back into it after an early season loss, but I most definitely hope we don't get another all-SEC finale. [No]

Scary to see Clemson ranked so high. We haven't really proven anything to this point, after all. We'll certainly know more after this Saturday's game, I suppose.

And Va. Tech booted out of both polls? Voters obviously have little respect for ACC teams with losses already. Can't say as I blame them too much.

And how about Florida? Looks like they may just be on their way back.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
My Cocks ranked 7th and 8th? Hnh.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Week 4
Baylor @ Louisiana Monroe ~ FRI - Baylor
Virginia @ TCU- TCU
Temple @ Penn State- Penn State
Missouri @ South Carolina- SC
California @ USC- USC
Rutgers @ Arkansas- Ark
Michigan @ Notre Dame- ND
Kansas State @ Oklahoma- Okies
Clemson @ Florida State- FS
Arizona @ Oregon- AZ

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Home team week again...

Week 4
Louisiana Monroe
TCU
Penn State
South Carolina
USC
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Florida State
Oregon

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Week 4
Baylor
Virginia
Penn State
South Carolina
USC
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Kansas State
Clemson
Arizona

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Week 4
Baylor @ Louisiana Monroe ~ FRI - Louisiana Monroe has been the surprise team of the season, beating Arkansans and almost beating Auburn in OT. But they won't catch Baylor by surprise. The game is in Monroe which will give the Warhawks a distinct shot and I expect a high scoring game which should be fun to watch. Vee's pick ~ Baylor

Virginia @ TCU- TCU isn't looking as awesome as the have the past few years but they're still a great team. Virginia has also seemed a bit off their norm. Given that the game is at home for the Horned Frogs, I think they take it fairly easily. Vee's pick ~ TCU

Temple @ Penn State- Penn State has had a living nightmare to fight through. They've lost to Ohio University, Virginia, and beat Navy this past weekend for their first win of the year. Most pundits are picking them to win by 7 over a Temple team that doesn't get the credit it deserves. The game is at State College so you know the stadium will be packed with the faithful. Vee's pick ~ I think Temple pulls this one out in the upset special of the week.

Missouri @ South Carolina ~ Were this game in Missouri I would ponder longer but it's in Columbia. Vee's pick ~ The real USC

California @ USC ~ USC lost to Stanford last week. As much as I dislike Lane Kiffen, he knows how to prepare a team and will not lose two in a row. Vee's pick ~ The other USC

Rutgers @ Arkansas ~ Man what an intriguing game. Most years I would say Rutgers didn't stand a chance of beating the Razorbacks at Arkansas...but this isn't most years. The turmoil and distractions for the team in Fayetteville continue to mount. Vee's pick ~ Rutgers

Michigan @ Notre Dame ~ Just to be clear, I'm not picking ND because I think they're ready to return to the top of the rankings. I do think Kelly finally has traction and the Irish will continue to improve. I'm also not picking them to win because they're coming off a victory against highly ranked Michigan State last Saturday. Most especially I'm not picking ND because its Cobie's team [Big Grin] Vee's pick ~ ND 0_0 because they are playing Michigan at home and Michigan is an underwhelming 2-1. The 1 is a blowout against 'Bama but the 2 wins were against UMass and Air Force and they weren't that impressive at either.

Kansas State @ Oklahoma ~ Should be a fun game to watch. K-State continues to improve and is having a great year but this is Oklahoma. Vee's pick ~ Oklahoma

Clemson @ Florida State ~ This could be a wild, high scoring game. Certainly it will be one of the top games to watch this weekend. Everyone says the Seminoles are finally back this year. Of course, they said that last year, the the year before that. Honestly, I do think they are a legitimate top tier team...but so is Clemson. Vee's pick ~ Clemson. I don't know what Dabo is feeding them but that team sure plays well.

Arizona @ Oregon ~ The past few weeks I've been touting Arizona as a much improved team and one that the Pac 12 needs to watch out for. Arizona beat 18th ranked Oklahoma State two weeks ago but their other 2 games were fodder. On the flip side, Oregon hasn't played a single worthy opponent so far this year. Closest would be a very talented Fresno State team. Vee's pick ~ Oregon Haberdashery

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

What? No comment about the move by Notre Dame to the ACC from the Big East?

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Well, its not really a big move, football is moderate, and not really in the Conference much, the "lesser sports" aren't really the big talk generators... Plus, Atlantic Coast...Notre Dame ... not really a great fit. Both kinda suck lately. [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Louisiana Monroe
TCU
Penn State
South Carolina
USC
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Clemson
Oregon

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Baylor
TCU
Penn State
USC
USC
Arkansas
ND - though it'll be tougher than some are saying it'll be.
Oklahoma - @ home they have this
Clemson
Oregon - think the Ducks will prove themselves in a big way here

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
ND joining the ACC isnt a huge deal to me because as usual...they get to have it both ways. As football, they remain independent. I know that drives some people nuts but as a fan, I love it. [Big Grin]

I wish Uconn would join the ACC. There's some talk. They're not there yet football wise but as a basketball school they are second to none and can stand right beside Duke as a premier program. And in other sports theyre not shabby either, winning several other National Championships.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Wow! Louisiana Monroe is even more impressive whe you watch them live. They've been 2 QBs in the backfield, one lefty One righty, and its driving Baylor ceazy

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Wow, Vee! Congrats to your 'Canes on what looks to have been a wild and wooly upset over those infernal Yellowjackets! Wish I had seen it! :nod;

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Wow, Vee! Congrats to your 'Canes on what looks to have been a wild and wooly upset over those infernal Yellowjackets! Wish I had seen it! :nod;

Man! I did get to watch it and it was exactly what you said "wild & wooly" We went up 19-0. GT then stormed back in the 2nd & 3rd Q to lead 36-19. Late 3rd and throughout the 4th we battled back and finally tied it up at 36-36 with 5 secs left. (We had missed a 22 yd FG in the 4th, only the first missed FG by senior Kicker Jake Wieclaw this year and third in his entire college career!)

In OT GA Tech got the ball first and got down to the 1 yd line with a 1st & 10. My Baby Canes cinched up their belts and turned them away from the end zone for 4 nerve wracking plays.

We took over and closed it out with a touch down on our third play.

What a great game! We still made lots of mistakes, which I would expect from such a young team. But the resilience, determination, and energy with which they played tonight was great to watch. My Canes turned a corner tonight. They will still have a tough year ahead of them but now they know just how good they can be.

Proud...to be... a Miami Hurricane!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Michigan / ND game should should have had a much bigger point differential. Notre Dame should have been able to score more times on all those turn-overs.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.