Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Nightcrawler: No, no new names. And the only thing I know about Triangle Girl is that she hates Particle Girl, and if they ever meet, Triangle wins.

Darn! I have three smilies waiting to be named. [sob]

And is Triangle Girl named Triangle Girl and who is Particle Girl? I want my issue now!!!!! *runs around the room screaming!* [Big Grin]

[ September 27, 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, the Triangle Girl thing was a joke.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
AArrggg!!

Will somebody PLEASE scan that thumbnail and post it with all due haste tomorrow? I'm dying of curiosity here!

Knowing my local comic shop guy I won't be able to get my hands on a copy until Thursday...grumble...grumble...whine...

"she" discovers a new power? That gives us Ayla (who hasn't manifested Lightning in this boot), Projectra could become a lot more like Sensor Girl or Imra might learn how to speak out loud...maybe we haven't seen Atom Girl because she doesn't know how to grow large yet?...

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I think - and this is not a spoiler - that the 'she' who discovers a new power is Projectra becoming more like Projectra. After all, she was supposed to have no powers at all at the start, 'royal sorceress' or not.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
SPOILERS

The "dead" (?) Legionnaire is DREAM GIRL. All we see at the end is a bloody arm wearing a silver and turquoise bracelet sticking out of the rubble of Legion HQ, which was completely destroyed by Elysion and Lemnos' sleeper agents..

The destruction of HQ and Nura's apparent death happen while most of the other Legionnaires are off-world. We learn the "three worlds" critical to U.P. victory are EARTH, DORMIR and TTRXL. The team splits up into three sub-teams to investigate Dormir, Ttrxl and Terror Firma's homeworld (not named). At the end, when all the HQ technology is destroyed, including the transmatters, the Legionnaires are all stuck on these others worlds, except for Brainy, Lyle and Nura, who remained on Earth.

Projectra does not believe that Brin is dead, and neither do I. She joined the party that goes to Terror Firma's homeworld..

Terror Firma Names: GRON (the big guy Brin was fighting) and KYNDA (fire girl).

I'd reveal more but I gotta get back to work asap.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
whoa! so... Nura could be alive but just got her arm severed in the collapse of the HQ.
just kidding. it sounds fishy to me. since when is Nura caught off-guard? WaK went to great pains to demonstrate how her power works. remember when she calmly got up off her laZboy seconds before Gim + Jo crashed thru the ceiling.

is her lifeless body really on the thumbnail of cover #11?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Aaaaccckk!! Lots of action here....the bare bone spoilers follow....
The team returns to HQ from Helegyn with Elysion captured. We learn that Dream Girl's precog is messed up - she only sees one hour into the future from this point, then blackness.

Meanwhile, Cos & Brainy (allies now) address the departing Legion supporters in the Plaza, telling them that there is a draft planned for an unwinnable war, unless they all fight, pre-emptively, together.

Back in HQ, the rest of the team has put Elysion in power-dampers and the Helegyn group recounts the battle.

Saturn Girl "questions" Elysion. He claims Brin is dead - Projectra is uncertain although she points out that Elysion has Brin's coat. Karate Kid breaks the news to Lyle that everyone thinks he was trying to break up the Legion. Lyle is ordered to take Elysion to "the cells" - we learn Legion HQ used to have another purpose (unspecified) - a prison? Secret Police headquarters?

One of the key three planets is Earth - the other two are Dormir and Ttrxl, I guess, since Cos sends teams to those two planets. (Also, Triplicate Girl gets credit for the three planet salvation plan, although Lyle came up with the idea.) A third team goes to Terror FIrma's homeworld (unspecified). Projectra acts like a spunky legionnaire and gets to go along.

Oops!! Lemnos put sleeper agents in the Legion plaza who are suicide bombers. Some of these get into Legion HQ. Panic ensues. Elysion breaks free and all hell breaks loose. Just about the last thing Dream Girl can see before her precog blacks out is that the HQ will collapse and that Lyle will be hurt. Brainy runs to help Lyle, he recovers - then Brainy sees Dream Girl's arm sticking out of the wreckage. Last page, Lyle with tears, saying "We've lost."

But of course they haven't...

The flight ring image for #11: Some guy, I think Brainy holding (I think) Dream Girl. There's a big spot on his forehead on the page where he finds Dreamy, and this spot is on the forehead of the reflection in the ring. Really not clear enough for me to be sure, but it makes sense.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Kid   Email Sketch Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Holy terrorist Batman ... talk about suicide bombers ... the Fatal Five couldn't do a better job leveling the LSH HQ ... Great issue with a crypic ending ... hats off the WaK ... we're rolling now ... and after all this time Shrinking Violet is a hoax!?!
Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sketch Kid, huh? Nice name ya got there! Use it well.

I don't have #10 yet, but will comment when I get it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Dreamy, Poor Brainy.

I guess this could be one of those transformative moments for someone. She's really the only one that's shown him any love in the series. Even his supporters were only respectful allies at best.

I hold out hope, she must have known she was about to die b/c she was crying. Brainy must have figured it out too. After all B5 loves mysteries and he told her, "there is no mystery he can't solve." Maybe the two of them together somehow managed to save her.

That would be the a romantic coming together, wouldn't it? He accepts her power, she accepts that the future in her visions isn't immutable.

[ September 28, 2005, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW did you catch Projectra's superpower on the roll call page?

Made my day...

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Kynda] [Gron]

Thanks TC! I still have to get my book.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
whoa! so... Nura could be alive but just got her arm severed in the collapse of the HQ.
just kidding. it sounds fishy to me. since when is Nura caught off-guard? WaK went to great pains to demonstrate how her power works. remember when she calmly got up off her laZboy seconds before Gim + Jo crashed thru the ceiling.

Starting earlier in the issue, her precognition could see nothing past a certain point--which turned out to be the moment of her apparent death. I guess that means her power works by transmitting info from future to past selves...no living future self, no power.

Assuming she's actually dead. God, I hope not.

Great issue, though. It's nice to see the Legion acting competent and cooperative and still losing.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

And here is the cover to LSH #11....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Although if you've gotten this far into the topic you already know so just look!)

Click for fullsize image

[ September 28, 2005, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The good -

quote:
"Helegyn: Due to it's thin atmosphere, its dark side is as cold as its sun-baked half is HOT." -- Encyclopedia Galactica, 3005.

"Sucker." Element Lad later that same year.

[Smile]

The bad -

Dream Girl's death. The last reboot lost me when Apparition was killed. I just stopped caring about it. It helped when she was brought back, but they kept me away by sacrificing Leviathon.

Even the original Legion knew better than keep a Legionnaire dead (Lightning Lad and Duo Damsel anyone?). I hope Mark and Barry repeat the wisdom of the original creators and not the rebooters.

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.