Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
numberonelegionfan
Defender Of The Legacy Of Rassilon (Gallifrey:Planet Of The Time Lords)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonelegionfan   Author's Homepage   Email numberonelegionfan         Edit/Delete Post     
As always, we'll start with the soliciation:

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #10

Written by Mark Waid; Art by Barry Kitson and Art Thibert; Cover by Kitson

The Legion finally fights as a team against the brutal Terror Firma! But after the team-splintering recent events, who's in charge?

as well as a link to the cover...

http://www.legionpics.us/photopost/data/509/2LegionOfSuperheroesCv10.jpg

--------------------
The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!

From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Got my copy in the mail today. Two words:

1. Holy.
2. Moley.

I seem to be at the head of the line here, so I'll leave it to someone else to give stuff away, but I will tease everyone by saying that as many as three beloved characters may not be appearing in this comic book from here on in. Of those three, the most surprising one is the one most likely not to recur, in my opinion (and I am sad about it).

The story is really getting going.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew - you can still put the spoiler in there with understanding that they will be hidden with a special kind of hypertext...
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
How the heck did you get a copy several days ahead of the usual release date?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Subscription!

Oh, I know I *can* put the spoilers in...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Mail subscriptions come BEFORE the comic shops get it???

I used to subscribe to comics AGES ago, like in the early 80's. I stopped because my comics came several months after comic shops were getting them...and often a week or two after the newsstand, too.

BTW, I wouldn't be averse to seeing the spoilers either.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] Matthew E.

On behalf of my fellow posters I present to you a special honour.

You get the Legion World "Kitson" Merit Badge for successfully advancing excellence in art of teasing.

[ September 26, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
"Beloved" characters? That leaves Cosmic Boy out... [Wink] But I've got a bad feeling about this, not from a story-telling standpoint, but afraid they'll deep six the Science Advisor - who hasn't exactly been beloved lately either.

(BTW, Chaim, I've got a subscription too - sometimes it arrives a day before, sometimes a day or two after the official date, occasionally not at all... so I don't know if you're better off with a subscription, unless you don't have easy access to a shop.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think any member that gets a book early is duty-bound to spoil everything! [Big Grin]

Gray background = #2f2f4f, Blue background = #000080

[ September 27, 2005, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think any member that gets a book early is duty-bound to spoil everything!

Gray background = #2f2f4f, Blue background = #000080

Isn't this just like the Christmas presents on the top shelf of the parent's closet? Everybody knows they're there. Everybody peeks. But it wouldn't be the same if they were just laid on the kitchen table. [Big Grin]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

quote:
Mail subscriptions come BEFORE the comic shops get it???
Sometimes they do.

And sometimes they don't come at all. No matter how often you pester DC Comics to send you the comic that you have, after all, already paid for.

I'll be a little clearer about what I posted before - we're talking one or two longtime Legion characters dead or maybe dead, and another one who may or may not exist at all. If you've read the first nine issues, you should have no trouble figuring out who I mean by two out of three of those.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we talking Legionnaires or supporting characters potentially dead?

Is the missing person you refer to a certain person involved in the origin tale of the LSH in the other boots?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Like R. J. Brande, for one?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
huh? i guess i'm not as smart as i thought i was. i have read the last 9 issues but i don't know what you're talking about.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad

The last one he mentions has gotta be RJ. I don't know about the other two. I think I've read the long-timers ask where's RJ a thousand times since this series started.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.