Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Back to the Chameleon-antenna thing for a second... I had the idea that his antennae would pop out to scan Lemnos any time Lemnos was around, because his subconscious would keep forgetting that he had met Lemnos before. Of course, now that Saturn Girl has blocked the Legion against Lemnos's memory powers, that wouldn't be true any more.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
numberonelegionfan
Defender Of The Legacy Of Rassilon (Gallifrey:Planet Of The Time Lords)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonelegionfan   Author's Homepage   Email numberonelegionfan         Edit/Delete Post     
At the risk of getting stoned...

I think Dream Girl's "fate" will be something out of Monty Python & The Holy Grail.

Brainiac 5: Dream Girl! Dream Girl! Speak to me! Brave, brave Dream Girl, you shall not have died in vain!
Dream Girl: Uh, I'm-- I'm not quite dead, Brainy.
Brainiac 5: Well, you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain!
Dream Girl: I-- I-- I think I c-- I could pull through, Brainy.
Brainiac 5: Oh, I see.
Dream Girl: Actually, I think I'm all right to come with you, Brainy--
Brainiac 5: No, no, sweet Dream Girl! Stay here! I will send help as soon as I have accomplished a daring and heroic rescue in my own particular... [sigh]
Dream Girl: Idiom, Brainy?
Brainac 5: Idiom!
Dream Girl: No, I feel fine, actually, Brainy.
LAUNCELOT: Farewell, sweet Dream Girl!
Dream Girl: I'll, um, I'll just stay here then. Shall I, Brainy? Yeah.

--------------------
The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!

From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
That cute alien is Proty not Cham! I know it!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Atom Girl will finally appear by growing out of Dream Girl's lifeless body and exploding out of her stomach like Alien. Then she'll of course have Dream Girl's powers and be called Dreatom Girl

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Vi did love to steal the powers of her dead team-mates.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A bald Dream Girl and a long awaited debut of Violet are eagerly anticipated.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
Hmmmm.... Barry is *such* a tease!!!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Projector
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prince Projector   Email Prince Projector         Edit/Delete Post     
I just wanted to say that the issue was amazing! I loved it from cover to cover. I think it is one of the strongest Dream Girl stories I have ever read. If she is indeed dead, I will be upset, but I will also think it was an interesting send off.
I can't wait for what comes next though, the suspense just keeps building.
Thom

From: New York NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Forget Dream Girl! I'm worried about [Bonce] [Bodger] [Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
I was never sure whether Bodger and Bonce were real people or holograms or maybe even a pair of illusions.
It would be absolutely cool for a Legionnaire like Jeckie to always have her own personal security team at all times. Think about it, if one of the Royals were superpowered and insisted on being a superhero wouldn't the government INSIST on having a couple of (or even several) highly trained "licensed to kill" agents around at all times?

There's more to this than meets the eye.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah, why didn't Bodger and Bonce go with the Princess and the Legion Team thu the portal? were they Orandoans or were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.

That's what I figured.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a weird thought recently.

You know how, in this incarnation of the Legion, all the characters have their powers and alien origins and personalities all tightly tied together?

Well, so far nobody seems to trust Invisible Kid. This matches his powers: you can't see him, so you can't count on him. Maybe there's something about the invisibility serum that causes this reaction in other people.

And then I had another weird thought. There's another character in this comic book who has a somewhat comparable effect on people, and powers that could produce the effect of invisibility. I'm talking about Lemnos.

Is there any possibility that Lemnos and Invisible Kid are the same person? It'd take a lot of sleight-of-hand on Lemnos's part, and Terror Firma wouldn't be in on the secret, but it might be just possible.

I don't really think it's true. But the notion intrigued me.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
yeah, why didn't Bodger and Bonce go with the Princess and the Legion Team thu the portal? were they Orandoans or were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.

I doubt that they're disloyal, given the fact that they were still in the vicinity of the Legion HQ when it blew up. That's just my opinion, though.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
And then I had another weird thought. There's another character in this comic book who has a somewhat comparable effect on people, and powers that could produce the effect of invisibility. I'm talking about Lemnos.

Is there any possibility that Lemnos and Invisible Kid are the same person? It'd take a lot of sleight-of-hand on Lemnos's part, and Terror Firma wouldn't be in on the secret, but it might be just possible.

I don't really think it's true. But the notion intrigued me.

Has Lemnos' origin been told yet? I was just wondering if he could have connections to Preztor, being that he is a non-corporeal demon/being and an emissary to the Dream Demon who had conjured up the Invisble Kid image in the pre-CRISIS Legion stories? This last could be feasible - Invisible Kid is the traitor in the ranks... [Shudder]

[ October 06, 2005, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: legionadventureman ]

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.