Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
So is Dream Girl or Tatooed Face Girl dead?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually briefly considered that the fact that Lyle sees a couple of people in the crowd after the building's collapse that he mistakes for Dream Girl might mean that the arm sticking out of the wreckage wasn't Dream Girl either. But that seems very unlikely...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
wow! 13 pages of comments so far. Well most of the big stuff has been touched so I am going to focus on smaller moments in the book.

(1) Glad to see Star Boy stop trying to mix it up with the big guy (he was swinging uselessly on his arm) and just increase the guys weight instead. I wonder if that is because Cos showed up and gave battle instructions?

(2) Elysion- I am still not sure why he passed out in the cold. He was wearing a duster in a very hot environment, but the cold knocked him out. Did his environment shielding fail, or was that a comment on the nature of his power. if it's a power thing I guess the Legion can always imprison him in Australia.

(3) Micro lad- I noticed Light Lass was seating on his shoulder during the meeting. Micro lad and Light Lass seating in a tree....

(4)Lemnos- I am still amazed by the number of non-human folks in the background of Otherspace. I keep thinking it will mean something.

(5) Now for you Mr. Kitson. I have noticed that there is a lot of emphasis on button pushing in this series. Lemnos presses a button to activate the suicide bombers. Those bombers in turn press a button to activate the bomb. Last issue Invisible pressed buttons to reroute Cos. and of course Brainy has had button pushing highlighted twice (to help remember Lemnos, and to let everyone hear Cos). So, Mr. Kitson, has that always been your trademark or just something you cooked up for the LSH? Thanks.

[ October 01, 2005, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: wamu2 ]

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
One other thing I noticed. When Elysion came through the transmatter, Cham's antennae were activated. So both Elysion and Lemnos are from races that Cham hasn't encountered before. Now, I realize the galaxy is a big place but it seems strange to me that as a member of a galaxy spanning group, that Cham has not encountered at least one member of either race before. Perhaps this otherspace has been another dimension all along?
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Cham instinctively scans most individual living things capable of independent thought that he hasn't previously met- especially if they have to be considered potential threats - whether he's encountered their species before or not - for example, as no two humans are exactly alike so every single one of them has aspects that would interest him. In the cases of Elysian and Lemnos, they seem rather unusual beings so they would have been natural subjects to scan.

I'm assuming Cham's brain works rather as ours do when we see a bug - if we recognize the species, we probably show little interest, but if we spot something that seems unusual we might instinctively take a closer look at it.

Not sure if that helped clear things up or not! [Smile]

[ October 01, 2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Elysiun is a mutant life form and that makes him exotic enoght to cham´s antennae to react. Same goes for Lemnos
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think it kind of makes sense that Cham would automatically scan individuals of "higher species" but only new types of lower species.

One thing I'm curious about is whether he is limited to transformations into living things or whether he can disguise himself as non-living things (e.g. rubbish cans) as well.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good question - we haven't established that have we?

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, you did several issues ago. He said he could turn into something that looked like a wall, but would still be made of "what do you call it? Flesh!" (Although I like the idea of a gender-neutral character, deep down, Cham will always be "Chameleon Boy to me).

Jumping into the fray kinda late, I enjoyed this issue and the entire series--it and the two JSA titles are my current favourites. I do hope Dream Girl turns out all right. She was never my favourite, but I wouldn't want anyone killed off so soon.

What I'm wondering is how the rest of the Legion will get back to earth now that the Transmatter has been destroyed. [Confused] Will they have to take a commercial "flight"?

[ October 01, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I think ..If Nura say to Brainy "You feel different when we're married" in number two,
she can't be dead.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The Legion's Transmatter being destroyed shouldn't be that big a deal, right? It was shown last issue that it was a fairly common method of travel, and that the Legion hardly has the only available one. More important is the fact that the Transmitter is destroyed, and the Legionnaires left on Earth can't communicate with those on missions (or they with each other.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read it. Best issue since what #6 I think. (my fave of the run so far is #6 this comes close)

I echo lots of the thoughts here especially Blacula. I gotta post before him from now on. [Wink]

Elysion and Terror Firma rock. Cos splitting the team up like that...very old school. I liked it. (My school isn't as old as others).

HQ destroyed? Yes! Hey I hope this is just part of my theory that Waid/Kitson made this seem like an early Legion to start but slowly...rather carefully are going to bring them up to speed. In other words that silly Adv. era upside down spaceship is gone! Now give me a new HQ! [Wink]

Only pet peeves are my top two Legionnaires. Ultra Boy looks smaller than a Backstreet Boy and Cham...that blank expression...asking all the questions? O' Cham were art thou? Cham is Wile E. Coyote not Tweetie bird. [Frown]

This is one of the top issues of this series so far!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Questions?

I wonder if any brave heroic teens are going to rise to the call on Earth against Elysion?

Any good ole favorites? (Wildfire?!) Or a new character all together? Do we get to see any young brave SPs (Erin, Dvron, Gigi?!) against Elysion?! I hope all of the above.

Quick side note about Elysion. Any greek myth fan knows it's part of the Underworld.

From Wiki...

"The Elysian fields were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous."

But Wiki also states...
"Elysium is an obscure and mysterious name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios."

Great name for a villain...especially after he killed a hero. It was a only a matter of time before he killed a hero. But I wonder if Garth is going to fry his arse to a cinder?! Hmm.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

It is surprising that none of the legionnaires seem to be any more useful than they have been so far.

I mean, when you're left with Brainy and Invisible Kid, neither of which is exactly a powerhouse, surely some of the kids in the crowd are actually more effective in combat than they are.

I wonder if Theena might be the key to communicating with the rest of the Legion?

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE beat me to it, I thought earlier that Theena might be the key to keeping the groups in contact.

After re-reading this issue I felt that Cos's character was just used as a story prop - "Now Imra will read Elysians mind" - and his 3 recap panels both read like it was what Waid wanted him to say but Waid never got around to phrasing it in Cos's 'voice'.

Minor complaints about an otherwise brilliant issue.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.