Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
In this issue Jeckie reminded me of the preboot Jeckie during Magic Wars after Val had died. I wouldn't want to be in her sights right now. [No]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the look of this book.
Each month Barry does some of the best work being done at DC. I'm eager to see the big push DC gives it when IC has settled.

Waid has done a great job with all of these kids, I can't really pick one I prefer. Sure, Cosmic Boy seems to be the most stable, but you have to appreciate UB's overconfidence, or Lyle's insecurities.

And manoman is Projectra gonna make a serious mess of somebody!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I saw the Brainy doplegangers as well but I can understand how the error could have occured. In BW I would assume that both Thom and Querl would appear shaded, much darker that any of the other guys with the exception of Val perhaps and both have what amounts to buzz cuts. I can certainly see how the error could have happened.

Not that it shouldn't have been caught during the proofing process mind you (I assume there is one after colors are applied) but I can easily see this mistake being made.

Yeah, I don't so much blame this on the colorist ( [Love] Snocone) but on the editor. Sorry Mr. Wacker but shouldn't your duties included proofing the colors before the final print?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i can see how coloring mistakes can get made, especially by a colorist removed from the drawing of characters but,....nobody thought, "oh wait didnt i already color brainy in this panel?" [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
In this issue Jeckie reminded me of the preboot Jeckie during Magic Wars after Val had died. I wouldn't want to be in her sights right now. [No]

jeckie casually walking up to lemnos and snapping his kneck would be awesome!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Talk about a slow buildup to a big pay-off. That was a great issue. Felt like a LEGION story, you know?

That said, if Dreamy is dead, I'm probably going to have to quit. It was bad enough back when she was made into an overweight tramp..and then rebooted into a ditz in the last Legion version. For one of the most popular members, she sure hasn't gotten much respect..until this reboot. She's been kicking butt, and has so far been the most interesting female Legionnaire. So hey, let's kill her!

Still great art and a great issue. But don't be dead Dreamy!

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I saw the Brainy doplegangers as well but I can understand how the error could have occured. In BW I would assume that both Thom and Querl would appear shaded, much darker that any of the other guys with the exception of Val perhaps and both have what amounts to buzz cuts. I can certainly see how the error could have happened.

Not that it shouldn't have been caught during the proofing process mind you (I assume there is one after colors are applied) but I can easily see this mistake being made.

Arrgghh! I hate making mistakes--so frustrating! The funny thing about this one is that I actually caught it myself (unless I did it more than once !?) and fixed it. I don't know what went wrong after that; either I forgot to update the file for DC or they didn't notice that I did. Who knows now. In everyone's defense, we are often working right down to the wire before the book goes to print. I can't speak for the staff at DC, but I know I usually don't sleep for a couple of days before deadline.

[ September 29, 2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: mechana ]

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I think Nura knew what was going to happen and when. That's why she sent Brainy to help Lyle, to put him out of harm's way.

That's the way I read that scene as well. But what bothers me is that, while she sends Brainy to safety, she doesn't seem to do anything for the half dozen or so legionnaires surrounding her. She probably does effectively save Lyle by sending Brainy to him, which is good, but the whole scene still bothers me. If she knew what was going to happen and was trying to change it, for example if she'd foreseen Brainy being killed but managed to prevent it by sacrificing herself, I'd feel a lot better about it. But the fact is she is basically killed by a falling building, and just because she knew that is was likely she would be killed and didn't try to avoid the danger doesn't strike me as more fatalistic than heroic.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
But remember in issue 2 EDE it was shown that Naltori totally buy into their predictions, who know, maybe she saw herself sending Brainy off to save Lyle.

Also, the 'say something humourous' (spelt correctly [Wink] ) line left a sick feeling in my stomach too, at that point I did a double take and thought "uh oh!"

Even with my fave legionnaire apparently dying this is a five star issue.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think that Dream Girl is dead. When Jim Shooter killed Ferro Lad deaths were rare in comic books. Unfortunately I think it's become all too commonplace now. How many were killed in the previous series? Leviathan, Montress, Element Lad, Live Wire, (although some combination of the 2 of them came back) and (not sure about this) Kid Quantum I? Maybe that's part of the reason sales were down.

[ September 29, 2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: googoomuck ]

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Weren't there supposed to be 18 active "Core group" Legionnaires? I count 15 0n the last page and two more on the previous page. Who's missing? Brin? He's not a Legionnaire.

Only three Lagionnaires that we know are on Earth and none of them are bald.

Barry said something about Atom Girl/Violet making some kind of huge entrance so maybe that's our mystery figure in the reflection?

That thought doesn't include the possibility that the person holding Dreamy may not be a "Core Group" Legionnaire or may not even be a Legionnaire at all! That idea ocurred to me when Lyle's father showed up for an on-panel appearance. Maybe this could be the event that gets the SPs on the right side?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Monstress-- She's talking to Element Lad and he goes psycho and deletes her

I thought Monstress' death was pretty heroic, myself. She was trying to talk down a deity with genocidal tendencies, and she just made a slip. She certainly knew the danger she was putting herself in by trying to feel Jan out.
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Harbinger, we must practise proper spelling and earn our place in the halls of valour.

Nura's death was heroic because she knew was coming and had a choice. She could have cheated doom by staying with B5. Spending all that time with him (off-panel too?), he might put doubts in her mind about the fixed nature of destiny. Just as B5 learned to accept her power.

She could have stayed with him the whole time, wrapped her arms around him and activated the shield. I think Nura wavered for a moment and she tried to do this in his lab but he stopped her. She then got her courage back and worked to help the kids. There was one final choice to make B5 save lyle and not her.

If B5 was given the choice who to save given recent events, I'm sure he chooses her.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Does Dream Girl see different versions of the future- I mean more than one possible outcome?

She told Brainy she didn't see anything after he says something humourous (humerus.) Brainy said that when he examined Lyle, ergo she had to have seen him saving Lyle. If that were the case, then she couldn't see his death, so she wasn't trying to prevent it.

More likely, she couldn't see past her own demise, but didn't see her death. Odd she wouldn't see that coming...

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by knowjack:
Wow. Talk about a slow buildup to a big pay-off. That was a great issue. Felt like a LEGION story, you know?

That said, if Dreamy is dead, I'm probably going to have to quit. It was bad enough back when she was made into an overweight tramp..and then rebooted into a ditz in the last Legion version. For one of the most popular members, she sure hasn't gotten much respect..until this reboot. She's been kicking butt, and has so far been the most interesting female Legionnaire. So hey, let's kill her!

Still great art and a great issue. But don't be dead Dreamy!

I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.