Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"HELP! WHAT HAPPENED!"
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"HOLY seven HELLs. THIS IS THE END!"
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

"who?"
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
...Lyle is ordered to take Elysion to "the cells" - we learn Legion HQ used to have another purpose (unspecified) - a prison? Secret Police headquarters?

Takron-Galtos?
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
how unforseen.
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
darn. i was hoping it was invisible kid.

mannnnnnn i'm bummed.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. IF Nura is indeed dead, you can elevate my Legion-ennui to full-blown "over it" status, meaning, I'll SO be done with it. I'll drop the Legion for the first time ever.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
And here is the cover to LSH #11....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Although if you've gotten this far into the topic you already know so just look!)

Click for fullsize image

is that cham in the back or is it not worth speculating. also, did anyone else notice the coloring faux pas on page 8, first panel...star boy (i assume) is colored like brainy but brainy is in the same panel.

i loved it when saturn girl put the smack down on elyssion but...apparently she didn't. i thought the legion was finally going to get it together and stop being clumsy fools.

[ September 28, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah i saw that, I was like wait a minute that's not B5...

That's Brainy holding her. The figure looks green in the thumbnail. Doesn't come through as green on the scan.

She's not dead. He's gonna save her.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

ah thanks TL.
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
Starting earlier in the issue, her precognition could see nothing past a certain point--which turned out to be the moment of her apparent death. I guess that means her power works by transmitting info from future to past selves...no living future self, no power.

The problem with this is that Nura's already seen things that take place past this point in time. Even if one take the "when we're married" stuff as a joke, she's seen the first major battle of the war, in which the Naltorian army is devastated.
True that. Unless, I dunno, Naltor's being invaded right now...

But if her power block isn't a consequence of death, why would the timing be so good? Brain injury could explain it, that's true...or maybe her power was blocked externally at that moment so that she could be blindsided? She's one of the biggest threats to Lemnos, after all, being able to bypass his powers to some degree.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Just a little clearer image.

Click for fullsize image

Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
what a harrowing issue.
it was great to see the Legion on the run trying to keep the universe together and using strategy and teamwork.

Nura's always been depicted as calm, collected and on top of things. It hurt to see her so flustered and worried but still brave and selfless.
i thought Barry did a good job of giving the two platinum haired babes different looks. i was never confused.

i found the "traitor" conversation between Karate Kid and Invisible Kid a little odd. why order Cos away, then not give IK a chance to defend himself? ...because it would have cleared up the misunderstandings before Waid wanted it to? there is some clue here. it goes back to how Lemnos knew what was going on back on earth in Brainy's lab while battling the LSH on Colu. what is the secret of Lemnos' omniscience? watching all from the Phantom Zone? or the 5th Dimension?
i question Cos' choice for teams. Terror Firma's homeworld (why is it unnamed?) will be the most dangerous he says, so he sends a team with no energy wielders or long-range powers, but only hand to hand combat. and then let's the unpowered Princess go with that team with no weapons. COME ON.

i noticed there was no follow thru as to why Brainy did not want Lightning Lad to go on the mission last ish. another clue? personal politics?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Giant squids and little fishies!

Thank you so much for that new scan LL. I thought Dream Girl had lost her left arm in that other scan, especially after that comment someone made about her arm sticking up in the rubble.

I still can't make out who that is holding her though. In the other scan I was pretty sure it was Chameleon but now I'm not sure at all.

Maybe tomorrow after I get MY copy I'll have an informed guess...I can only hope.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like a bald Brainy. Hmmm? What did Barry said about someone shaving their head?

Regarding Dream Girl's death? I'm not her biggest fan and out of all the possibilities there are others i'd rather see safe. But I don't care for any members death.

Still I see this maybe not as a death but a possible transformation for Dreamy. She might come back as something else. Either way I have to see it is interesting.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.