Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
GAY GREEN GIANT RETURNS!!!!
wooo hooo i missed your fabulous butt.

[ September 28, 2005, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
Well I guess we've given you something to talk about! [Smile]

I did ask Steve about revealing the cover scans, but he's asked me to hang fire on that a little longer. He does say 'Hi' though!

Sorry, but I'm not going to give any answers as to what happens next - I will quit teasing though if you'd prefer?
There's so much planned for the next six issues that it's going to be hard for me to answer any speculations about what's ahead without spoiling the ride - and I'd hate to do that as I think we're really hitting our stride now. Sorry.

Thanks about the art Mediocre Boy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Please keep teasing! It's part of the fun seeing how completely far off we are!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Nightcrawler - I'll start keeping count of the votes - I guess that's one each so far "to tease or not to tease..."

Hope you managed to enjoy the issue despite the turn things took at the end.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if you are going to end things the way you guys did, at least you set the stage up in style. It helped make the necessary impact of the moment feel real rather than many of the casual death scenes that are en vogue nowadays.

And I'm still holding out hope! [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
By Gragalog! I hope she's not dead, too. The scenes between Dreamy & Brainy were very touching, even more so in the light of what happened. Did she catch on at the very end - when she heard Brainy say "humerus", did she realize the blackness would be her own personal one? Or maybe she saw her fate before. There will be some interesting thoughts about the nature of her powers and whether she sees a fixed, absolute future or only one possible/probable outcome.

A continuing mystery is "who told Brainy about the break-in?" Lyle keeps denying it - yet everyone seems to believe it has to be him. Why don't they just ask Brainiac 5 how he knew? Or get Saturn Girl to scan him? I don't believe Lyle is dissembling here and guess it could have been:
- Chameleon, in another fumbling attempt to fix things,
- Triplicate Girl, whose behaviour so far has been questionable,
- or some game Lemnos is playing. He suggested to Brainy that this subterfuge was going on when confronted on Colu.

Those two new planets are certainly exotic-looking! I'm looking forward to see what the native inhabitants might look like.

Elysion certainly fulfilled the role of a mad super-villain. He even looks a little crazy in this issue. I really got a sense of panic and disaster from this issue. Maybe the scenes are building on our memories of the World Trade Towers disaster, but the destruction of the HQ seemed much more real and horrifying to me than previous comic-book cataclysms.

This ends with a real cliff-hanger - not just Nura, but the whole mess. How are they going to fix this one?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

And I wonder if Dormir is derived from the Spanish meaning of "sleeping." Is it a dreamlike world?

And Ttrxl? Triple extra large?

I'm assuming that Terror Firma's homeworld is in the 5th Dimension.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry, don't you dare stop teasing us!

Next to seeing your awesome artwork, that's one of the things I most enjoy about having you involved with the Legion!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
And I wonder if Dormir is derived from the Spanish meaning of "sleeping." Is it a dreamlike world?

And Ttrxl? Triple extra large?

I'm assuming that Terror Firma's homeworld is in the 5th Dimension.

I thought the same thing about Dormir, Gary. Of course that means it could be the homeworld of the newest Legionaire, Slumber Lass! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
If I recall my French skills correctly, dormir is also a french word meaning to sleep. If someone who is fluent in French or Spanish, the corrections are welcome! (Hey, Pariscub, you hear? you're the expert in french!)
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry - you can keep teasing us about others...that's fine with me...BUT ....NOT about the fate of Dream Girl! I am serious about her. I asked you about her missing from cover #12. You're elusive, clever....(you can tell I certainly like Dream Girl a lot....) So spill it, please?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's right dormir is too sleep.

If you looked at the 3 little panels of the subteams on location a couple of the worlds did look a little more than 3D. So dreams makes sense.

Ttrxl follows the silver age convention of higher dimensions not using vowels. Bgztl for example.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
i question Cos' choice for teams. Terror Firma's homeworld (why is it unnamed?) will be the most dangerous he says, so he sends a team with no energy wielders or long-range powers, but only hand to hand combat. and then let's the unpowered Princess go with that team with no weapons. COME ON.

If it's primarily an espionage mission then Phantom Girl and Triplicate Girl, as members of Cos's stealth squad, make some sense, though Cham might have been a better choice than TG in that case. Jo's ultra-vision counts as a long-range energy power, I suppose. But I didn't understand Jo's wisecrack about "the lack of raw power" on his team. If Karate Kid can toss a 50-ton giant, Jo had little reason to complain about a raw power deficit ... unless he was just dissing Val.

Projectra's inclusion, I dare say, will turn out to be a fateful choice.

Cos was also consistent in pairing Shadow Lass with Sun Boy on Ttrxl, though we've yet to find out how those two powers compliment each other. Maybe next issue. Interestingly, the other pair of opposite numbers - Star Boy and Light Lass - are together on Dormir.

quote:
i noticed there was no follow thru as to why Brainy did not want Lightning Lad to go on the mission last ish. another clue? personal politics?

For that matter, why did Brainy exclude Karate Kid?

[ September 29, 2005, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Ttrxl follows the silver age convention of higher dimensions not using vowels. Bgztl for example.

And for naming a fifth dimensional imp "Myxzptlk"
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The thing that really bothers me if Dream Girl's death is genuine is that it follows the disturbing trend of Legion women dying standing around while the guys always get to make big, dramatic, heroic sacrifices.

Luornu Death 1-- Computo grabs one of her bodies and kills it
Luornu Death 2-- The Conspirators are standing their facing the Time Trapper, and he blasts one of her bodies
Apparition-- She's kissing her boyfriend, and gets blasted by a Daxamite
Monstress-- She's talking to Element Lad and he goes psycho and deletes her

Meanwhile, almost all of the males who've died get big dramatic death scenes where they choose to make a huge sacrifice or risk themselves to save others.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.