Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
After re-reading this issue I felt that Cos's character was just used as a story prop - "Now Imra will read Elysians mind" - and his 3 recap panels both read like it was what Waid wanted him to say but Waid never got around to phrasing it in Cos's 'voice'.

I thought that seemed weird too. It reminded me of A Charlie Brown Christmas where Charlie Brown says "Now the script girl will hand out the scripts."

Hmm. Cosmic Boy. Charlie Brown. Coincidence? I think not!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
EDE beat me to it, I thought earlier that Theena might be the key to keeping the groups in contact.

As long as I'm at it... if there's an open spot on the team, could she be the one to take it?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
"How will the stranded Legionnaires get back home?"
I have an idea. It's spelled D*wnst*r.
Think about it. She's capable traveling at FTL speeds, can track anyone, and would be just the right person for the job.
Or, just maybe, she and Shikari could operate as a team. That would be fairly unique. (Of course she'd have to be the more experienced of the two.)

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
wait...why are people speaking in interlac? i mean dosn't everyone speak interlac ...and we are reading english translations. if some of these characters are speaking interlac what is the new default language that we are reding every month. the legionaires now speak english in the future?

i guess the postesr on the walls are in english not interlac. did i miss something....some signage in the crowd is in terlac. whats on the view screens or computer screens these days?

one other explanation could be that these characters speak by popping out letters that people can see and read but....i doubt it.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
NOOOOOOOOOO! Not Dream Girl!!!!

Another great issue. Glad to have Barry back on the pencils. The humerous bone was a good play on words.

A couple of other things stuck out in my mind. Normally, I just enjoy the issue but I had questions about people referring to the feet measurement in the 30th century. I'm from the US and even I agree that not using the metric system is stupid. Also, if those walking bombs could kill anyone within 8 feet, exactly HOW did Lyle escape? Did he open Elysion's prison in exchange for not getting vaporized?

My predictions for the next issues are:
1) Dream Girl is not dead (it can't happen)
2) Brin is alive and doing something sneaky
3) Reboot will come back and post about how horrible the series is by pointing to the sales figures

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by knowjack:
quote:
I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...
Life's funny like that.
---gay guy

And another piece of irony - the comment about the "gay guys loving Dream Girl" bit was written by yet another gay guy - who would dearly love to have the older, whiter Star Boy-with-beard back again...if only in his dreams *sighs*
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
wait...why are people speaking in interlac? i mean dosn't everyone speak interlac ...and we are reading english translations. if some of these characters are speaking interlac what is the new default language that we are reding every month. the legionaires now speak english in the future?

I thought about that a bit too - my thought was that people are speaking whatever the common language on 30th Century earth is, not Interlac. It makes sense from the standpoint that the UP is still (seemingly) pretty Balkanized - there may not be a widely spoken common language. Some of the "small l" legionnaires are picking it up and starting to use it in the same way (and for the same reasons) as that Esperanto group I joined in college...

I don't have the books handy right now - does the flight ring have translator functions as well?

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
My Comments:

1) There seems to be some serious couples pairings on the mission teams;
Brainy and Nura on Earth
Light Lass and Star Boy on Dormir
Shadow Lass and Sun Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad on Ttrxl
Karate Kid and Phantom Girl, Projectra and Brin (soon) on Terror Firma homeworld

2) Didn't understand how they caught Elysion by leading him to the dark side of the planet, or how they knew to do so in the first place.

My Opinions:

1) Lyle was hoping Nura was out of the HQ before it crashed - and thought he saw Nura in the plaza, but to his dismay it was another person. That's all to that.

2) Brainy mentioned throughout that his force field had a limited amount of power. The force field controls missing from his belt while in the plaza had been transferred to Nura (via Atom Girl?) When Nura used it, it was low on energy and was sufficient to save her life, but not enough to keep the rubble off.

3) The two people in the ring reflection for cover #11 are DEFINITELY Brainy and Nura.

4) The bald legionnaire will be Atom Girl.

5) Projectra will be the Legionnaire who develops new powers.

6) Nura's loss of precognative powers are more likely linked to Infinite Crisis in some way, where the big-time DC writers like Mr. Waid are sure to be involved. The future is unclear because that's the premise of the whole Crisis itself.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, somebody mentioned on another board that Waid killed Ice in a similar fashion. Didn't he say on the Women in the Refrigerator site that he regretted that? Would he really make the same mistake twice?

[Edit]

Yep he did say that:
quote:
I'm responsible for the death of Ice. My call, my worst mistake in comics, my biggest regret. I remember hearing myself ask the editor, "Who's the JLAer whose death would evoke the most fierce gut reaction from readers?" What a dope. Mea culpa. But I've learned my lesson. In fact, one of the only reasons I still hang on to FLASH is because I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the moment I walk, the next guy's gonna drop a safe on Linda Park's head before my last voucher's been paid.

[ October 01, 2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
KidQuislet, great observations about the couples! I f those are the new couples I don't mind them at all. Brainy/Nura, Star Boy/Light Lass, Projecta and Brin are my faves. The others I may need time to grow on me. KK/PG...as long as they never reference that silly origin again...I will accept. heh.

As for Dream Girl? I think she will be back...she might get a drastic makeover. Bald Legionnaire might be her! I wouldn't mind it.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
Hmm, somebody mentioned on another board that Waid killed Ice in a similar fashion. Didn't he say on the Women in the Refrigerator site that he regretted that? Would he really make the same mistake twice?

Didn't Waid also sort of, kind of kill Linda Park on her wedding day by erasing her from reality? That didn't last, and neither will Nura's "death", I'll wager. No longer than is necessary to pull at our heartstrings, anyway. After Identity Crisis, killing and abusing comic book heroines is looked upon as sooo uncool - unless they go out in a blaze of glory - which Nura didn't. I think Waid is too enlightened now to really "ice" Dream Girl in this way.

I believe it's all a ploy to get Brainy to fall in love with Nura, and make the marriage prophecy inevitable. This has all happened before, of course. [Smile]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Nura'll turn out to be one of the missing Carggites? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Maybe Nura'll turn out to be one of the missing Carggites? [Wink]

That's just wrong. [No]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
that's just dream girl's arm in the wreckage. what about a new nura with a robotic arm like lightning lad's.

ok that's a terrible idea but i just want her alive! they could clone body parts in the future..

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
I can go either way with Dream Girl's apparent demise. If she's just badly injured and recovers, there's some material to work with.

If however, she is gone, than that works as well. Her mom, and other UP delegates with Legion kids may finally get galvanized into action. Not to mention the deaths of those poor legion fans in the plaza.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.