Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think you can dismiss the possiblity that Dream Girl realized what was likely to happen but chose to go on helping the kids on the plaza anyway.

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it possible that Atom Girl was at HQ when it was destroyed and will somehow help save Nura's life? Now, THAT would be a dramatic debut.

Just a thought.

Barry, I also vote that you keep up your expert teasing. [Smile]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Nura knew what was going to happen and when. That's why she sent Brainy to help Lyle, to put him out of harm's way.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
GAY GREEN GIANT RETURNS!!!!
wooo hooo i missed your fabulous butt.

Faboo ondeed. [Big Grin]

Tease me Barry! Legionnaires are so cute when they're confused.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Tease me til I beg for mercy.

(intended primarily for Barry, but others are, of course, welcome.)

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
As far as I'm concerned the simplest possibility for how Brainy knew about the break-in is that he figured it out himself:

a) he is, after all, supposed to be fairly smart
b) I wouldn't put it past him to have set up some kind of security/surveillance system for just this sort of occasion

Either way, I believe Invisible Kid when he says he didn't do it.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insouciant Lad   Email Insouciant Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For all those who complained that things were moving too slowly and that there wasn't enough action.....

I HOPE YOU'RE SATISFIED!

Sob! Nura! Wake up Nura honey!

--------------------
Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.

From: College Park, MD | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I thoroughly enjoyed this issue - loads of drama, twistsand turns, character moments and the best art so far! I also hope Nura will be okay, but as much as I adore her I also realise that keeping dead heroes dead is a necessary evil if we want the issue to have any value.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insouciant Lad   Email Insouciant Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You're right Harbinger, it was a great issue and had it all (except resolution.) Despite my little rant above, and hope that she is okay, I'll probably be more impressed if she is really dead. The story has a lot more of an emotional punch that way.

I was also really impressed with the twist on the something sounding humerous bit as well. I truly was expecting a snarky little line from B5 and when there was nothing funny about it, it was a real sick feeling. Coupled with the fact that I confused the somewhat spoilered approaching death happening in issue #11 not in issue #10, the hand in the rubble really surprised me. Shocked even.

--------------------
Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.

From: College Park, MD | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
She's NOT DEAD. I have zero evidence or even a gut feeling. I'm just in denial. I really HATE character deaths in comics; it's a total waste.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think she's dead, either. Very injured, yes, but not dead.

What a wonderful issue! Thanks, Barry. And one more vote here for teasing...

I can't wait for Projectra to kick some butt (next issue?). And I think we're close to the debut of the fourth Legionnaire left on Earth, Shrinking Violet. I wonder what she'll get to do...

Can't wait for next issue.

Juan

PS. Yes, "dormir" means "to sleep" in both French and Spanish.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This issue really solidified Elysion's role as a major Legion villain, actually far more interesting than Lemnos at this point. I'm actually hoping now that they aren't setting him up for death, as he's one of the first really good Legion villains to be introduced in a long, long time.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
And here is the cover to LSH #11....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Although if you've gotten this far into the topic you already know so just look!)

Click for fullsize image

is that cham in the back or is it not worth speculating. also, did anyone else notice the coloring faux pas on page 8, first panel...star boy (i assume) is colored like brainy but brainy is in the same panel.

i loved it when saturn girl put the smack down on elyssion but...apparently she didn't. i thought the legion was finally going to get it together and stop being clumsy fools.

These coloring errors are really starting to bug me. First the Sun Boy/U Boy mix up last month. And now Star Boy/Brainy. It really makes it difficult to suspend disbelief and buy into these characters when these mistakes are made. It just throws me right out of the head space...oh yeah...this is a comic...nothing is real...it's all made up...Star Boy doesn't really exist.
Or maybe Brainy has some Cargg blood in him and can duplicate himself. Duo Dude anyone?

[ September 29, 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: The Man From Cargg ]

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the look of this book.
Each month Barry does some of the best work being done at DC. I'm eager to see the big push DC gives it when IC has settled.

Waid has done a great job with all of these kids, I can't really pick one I prefer. Sure, Cosmic Boy seems to be the most stable, but you have to appreciate UB's overconfidence, or Lyle's insecurities.

And manoman is Projectra gonna make a serious mess of somebody!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the Brainy doplegangers as well but I can understand how the error could have occured. In BW I would assume that both Thom and Querl would appear shaded, much darker that any of the other guys with the exception of Val perhaps and both have what amounts to buzz cuts. I can certainly see how the error could have happened.

Not that it shouldn't have been caught during the proofing process mind you (I assume there is one after colors are applied) but I can easily see this mistake being made.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.