Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Singularity:
Name: Joe Singleton
Where you live: Dallas, Texas, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
What you do: Customer Support

Started collecting with S&LSH #217, but first exposed to the Legion with the Timber Wolf/Tyr issue (can't recall the #)

Always favored Phantom Girl and Shrinking Violet (I like brunettes), but always had a soft spot for Supergirl when she was with the Legion. Of the guys, I like Ultra Boy and Timber Wolf, and Cosmic Boy, because magnetic powers seemed so cool to me back in the day.

Favorite eras are the Cockrum/Grell period. Enjoyed the Giffen period, at times, especially the Great Darkness Saga. Favorite artists are Swan, Cockrum, Grell, some Sherman, Immonen, Hughes, Sprouse and Moy, in no particular order.

-

This is what Singularity would look like. He has the power to warp space-time so he can teleport or bend space to deflect energy, stuff like that.

Oh and BTW Singularity, I think it's possible, if you ask really nicely in the right place, that someone might be able to magically create a version of you artwork to use as an avatar! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Singularity:
Name: Joe Singleton
Where you live: Dallas, Texas, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
What you do: Customer Support

Started collecting with S&LSH #217, but first exposed to the Legion with the Timber Wolf/Tyr issue (can't recall the #)

Always favored Phantom Girl and Shrinking Violet (I like brunettes), but always had a soft spot for Supergirl when she was with the Legion. Of the guys, I like Ultra Boy and Timber Wolf, and Cosmic Boy, because magnetic powers seemed so cool to me back in the day.

Favorite eras are the Cockrum/Grell period. Enjoyed the Giffen period, at times, especially the Great Darkness Saga. Favorite artists are Swan, Cockrum, Grell, some Sherman, Immonen, Hughes, Sprouse and Moy, in no particular order.

-

This is what Singularity would look like. He has the power to warp space-time so he can teleport or bend space to deflect energy, stuff like that.

You are from Dallas also? Awesome.
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We're on the Orion Arm? I never knew that. No wonder I'm always getting lost.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lass Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lass Girl   Email Lass Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: My name's Shayla and *sniff* I'm a Legion geek.
Where you live; New Jersey
What you do: Marine Science

Favorite character: Brainiac 5 (LOSH Cartoon and Post Zero Hour)
Favorite era: Post Zero Hour
Started Reading: As of this post, one month ago now

From: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Welcome aboard Lass Girl! For someone that has only been reading the LSH for a month you sure did pick the perfect board name! Are you by any chance related to Lad Boy? [Big Grin] (j/k)

Glad you've found your way to Legion World. Have fun!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, Lass Girl. Among other things, this is the perfect place to learn about the rich history and mythology of the Legion.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Happy to meet you Lass Girl.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

It's a cool place.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Titan Lad:
You are from Dallas also? Awesome.

In the area. I live in Little Elm, a little north of Dallas, but who'd recognize that town?

You know, growing up, my dream was to pencil the Legion book. Never got the chance, made too many bad decisions along the way that kept me from ever making my break into comics. Even so, I still have that dream of doing something Legion-related.

Lately, I've been semi-obsessing over Google SketchUp and I posted some of my models in a thread, here: SketchUp Stuff by Singularity

Appreciate the welcome.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
We're on the Orion Arm? I never knew that. No wonder I'm always getting lost.

Yeah, you gotta make a left at the Perseus Spur. It's an easy mistake.

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome aboard, Lass Girl and Singularity!

Always happy to see another Brainy fan, LG.

Wonderful sketches, Singularity!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Kyle
Where you live: USA #1
What you do: sit at a desk all day

Legion info:
my first comic that i read, loved and wanted to read more of was Legionnaires #1. what got me was the fact that they were kids. and they were cool. and they wore colorful costumes and had powers and all did different stuff. the founders love triangle seemed realistic to me (with Garth being the jealous boyfriend and eventually acting out in anger), the Tinya/Jo relationship (he's the freaking man!), Inferno being such a player, Tenz and Vi (it made so much sense, he's such an extrovert and she's so quiet!). they would flirt, they would goof off, they would argue. and most importantly they were in the future. and as a 4th grader, that meant anything was possible for me and i didn't have to worry about how Superman's death was going to affect every story, or how Batman's back getting broken was going to change things.
i actually was really grateful for the reboot b/c i had no idea of what was going on during end of an era (i was in 5th grade, i needed simplicity!).
my favorite legionnaires are easily any Garth or Jo, GATES (!!!!!!!!!), XS (when she was introduced i seriously called her 'Ziss' b/c that's how i thought it was pronounced), Kinetix, crazy element lad, and SW6 matter-eater lad.

after lurking on this board for over a year or so, i've come to see that the reboot wasn't the most popular era and yes, i got sick of the "archie legion" too, but Legion of the Damned and Copiel really drew me back into comics. i thought Legion Lost was AWESOME and the reboot will always be my legion.

i love chris sprouses work on Legionnaires, Copiel, and when Humberto Ramos drew the legion a few times while XS was in Impulse.
and i always wanted to see Ringo do the legion too, which is a shame that he never will...

anyway, i love the boards, check em every day while at work, i love the fanart stuff! i wish i had a scanner, i would have a lot of stuff i could throw on here (and you could see how big of an influence Ringo and Ramos were on me...)

i can't say that i'm into the threeboot, but with Shooter coming back and the art that i've seen, it definitely will be worth looking into.

ok later!

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome W4The Reboot? Lad.

Glad to have you posting.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hi W4TR Lad! Glad you decided to de-lurk and join in in the craziness. Since you've been around for a while you don't need the learners manual so go have some fun! Hope you eventually get the chance to scan some of your art. Love to see it.

--------------------

Snakeguru Lass
Applicant Superhero

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeguru Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Snakeguru Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: What? you want me to share my secret identity? [Big Grin] Call me Jen.

Where you live: I live in Europe, Sweden actually.

What you do: I used to work in the food industry biz then assembled things in the metal industry biz. Currently i'm looking for a new job.

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)

I've never read a Legion of Superheroes comic book in my life so far, my first 'exposure' to the Legion was via the animated LOSH. I got so interested that i looked it up in the Wikipedia, learning about the characters comib book history.

My favorite characters are Brainiac 5, Phantom Girl, Timber Wolf, Bouncing boy, Lightning lad, Shrinking Violet, Chameleon boy and Karate Kid.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.)

I like a lot of things: Science fiction, comic books (Spiderman, Justice league, X-men, Transformers, Batman, Heavy Metal, MAD)PC games like World of warcraft (guilty pleasure, yeah) music, fantasy, literature, shopping, movies, nature science, webdesign and mythology.

My other fandom interest include the various Transformers tv series, Elfquest, Gargoyles, X-men Evolution, Justice League, Farscape, Star Trek DS9 and Star Wars. Whiew. Too many.

[ October 28, 2007, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Snakeguru Lass ]

--------------------
Carpe Noctem

From: Europe, Sweden | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, another European! Welcome, Snakeguru Lass. I can't help but wonder about your nickname though. Snake-guru Lass?? It sounds intriguing! [Smile]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.