Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 75)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Jefferson l.o.b Sergeant
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jefferson l.o.b Sergeant           Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Jefferson
Where you live: Brooklyn NYC
What you do: Teacher

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.):

I have been reading comics 5 and I always will.

The LSH was reaching its zenith right through my childhood so it was a perfect mesh. I bought the Levitz-Giffen legion right off the shelves.

My favorite Legions- Levitz/Giffen Legion is the definitive one for me.

From: Brooklyn, NYC | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
welcome, Jefferson! Glad to see you diving in with new topics on the other board.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi! It's me! I'm new(ish)!

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to LW, BCoK!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RevJRob
Returning Prodigal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RevJRob   Email RevJRob         Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing as how it has been almost three years since I last posted anything I guess I should re-introduce myself.
I am Jim, longtime Legion fan, parlor magician, rugby player and past president of the Klordny APA (first successor to Rex Joyner). Good to see y'all again.

--------------------
Would you mind not farting while I'm saving the world--The Doctor

From: Ridgeway, SC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome back, Rev.

I, too, was a member of Klordny, for all of about two months back in 1982 or so. (Making copies and mailing them was just too expensive on a college student's budget!) But I remember the APA fondly.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a Klordny reunion! I'm currently a member and Kent Shakespeare is our President. Welcome to Legion World, Jim, and pull some coins out of our ears!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that there are still APAs. Partly because I used to be in one. Also partly because their existence is probably an affront to all those snot-nosed kids nowadays who can't imagine how anything Not On The Internet can actually exist.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I just joined up with Klordny a few months back, its pretty awesome!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I expect my views vis a vis literature, music, cinema, culture, and politics will be revealed anon, post by post.

As for "credentials": hard core comic book junkie and Legion fan since 1968, with an insane fixation on Brainiac 5 and Supergirl and beautiful blond babies.

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Lethargy Lad! Don't be too lethargic about posting though. Plenty of Brainy and Brainy-Kara lovers here.

You're probably the first person to list Lew Rockwell as your home page, although some of us read the articles there.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome LL (Hmm are you a friend of Superboy???? [Wink] )

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if I introduced myself here and forgot it during a 'senior moment'.
I FEEL like a senior even though I'm only 58, almost 59.
Like Indiana, I think it's not the years that count but the milage.
sigh

I was a member of the LMBP way bace before the 'new' DC boards and was one of the first members of the club(s) on Yahoo.
I went by the Shady part of my full handle, Shadowplay in Candlelight, then, in honor of being called 'Shady' by the LMBPers (and because Tasmia Mallor is my favorite LSH character.)

Now, I use the Candlelight, part.
My real name is Candace, which means Candlelight, ergo. . .

My computer went down, my life got complicated and here I am again and have been for awhile now, although I can't remember how long.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
I went by the Shady part of my full handle, Shadowplay in Candlelight, then, in honor of being called 'Shady' by the LMBPers (and because Tasmia Mallor is my favorite LSH character.)

Now, I use the Candlelight, part.
My real name is Candace, which means Candlelight, ergo. . .

Every time I saw that Shadowplay in Candlelight moniker, I thought that you should be called Chiaroscuro.

But that reminded me of Charo, and the mystique evaporated. Bad luck, that. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Welcome LL (Hmm are you a friend of Superboy???? [Wink] )

Gosh yes! Isn't he swell?
Actually, you know, I probably shouldn't say this, but Pete Ross told me about a camping trip he took once and...

aah...

Maybe I should just let that rest.

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.