Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Close enough (the title of the song is "The Lusty Month of May").

Over to Calybos.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Here we go:

"A life not bad for a hardy lad.
Though surely not a high lot.
Though I'm a nurse,
you might do worse,
than to make your boy a pilot."

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonder of wonders, I'm not the first person to use a Gilbert & Sullivan quote in this game! [Wink]

That's from Ruth's expository solo in Act 1 of The Pirates of Penzance, "When Frederic Was a Little Lad".

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct. Your turn!
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"He put all his reliance
In courage and defiance,
And risked his life for Science!"

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's from "Hooray for Captain Spaulding" from Animal Crackers. It was later Groucho Marx's theme song. I know Groucho's character sang part of it, but I can't remember his name.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
That's from "Hooray for Captain Spaulding" from Animal Crackers. It was later Groucho Marx's theme song.

Correct. In the movie version of Animal Crackers, the quoted passage is sung by the chorus, twice.

quote:
I know Groucho's character sang part of it, but I can't remember his name.
[Confused] That was a joke, right?

Anyway, over to Rockhopper Lad.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, it's just been a long time since I saw Animal Crackers and I forgot that Groucho himself was Captain Spaulding. I think I had it a little mixed up in my head with Duck Soup. I guess senility is setting in. [Big Grin]

All right then:

God must have landed here.
Why else would he strand us here
Where the air is nice and clear?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Google informs me that this is "Sweethaven" from Popeye, The Movie.
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Good old Google.

Go ahead, BRM.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"Come and go with me, it's more fun to share.
We'll both be completely at home in mid-air."

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite song from "The Muppet Movie," "I'm Going to Go Back There Some Day" (almost universally misused as "Someday" -- but this isn't the thread for grammar lessons). It's also sung by my favorite Muppet, Gonzo.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct!

Over to Suddenly Seymour.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know why, but I was suddenly in the mood for this show this weekend. This is probably my favorite song from the show, but if I ever get a chance to perform it, I'll have to bring it up a couple steps. I saw a touring production in Tulsa with Greg Brady himself, Barry Williams, in it.

"There's not a morning that I open up my eyes and find I didn't dream of you.
"Without a warning, though it's never a surprise, soon as I awake, thoughts of you arise ..."

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That's vaguely familiar, or perhaps I'm just confusing it with something else...

This time, before I resort to search engines, I'll suggest a hint? or a few more lines?

--------------------
"Stop me before I Google again!!"

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.