Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I forgot to mention sarcastically in my review that it was an awesome T-Dawg moment what with him muttering a single line and all.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
For the record, I think it would be totally awesome if T-Dog somehow managed to survive the entire series! Like we're in Season 6 and he's still managing to show up like two minutes every other episode and is all like "Man, I'm still here!"

[LOL]

Seriously, I feel kinda bad for the guy who plays him! I hope they let the guy do SOMEthing other than, perhaps, have a gross death scene. Only Patricia and whatsisname (suicide girl's boyfriend--hell, I don't think he was even in the big debate scene, was he? Oh...I think he was watching Carl, IIRC.) have had less to do at this point.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hell, I'll admit it, I teared up a little during Dale's final scene and have the two subsequent times I saw it. [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see the swerve coming with Dale at all. Looking back, the quick bit near the beginning with Dale trusting Andrea with where the guns are now stored serves as a quick summation that the two were back on decent terms with each other.

Click Here For A SpoilerSince I read the books, I was expecting a bait and switch as well. Maybe he'd be able to hide the scratch for a bit, or simply have to have a leg cut off ... but no. I'm really going to miss him. I feel like there's a "voice of reason" among the TV characters that's absent, with Herschel and Andrea not quite ready to step up. I do hope this is the kick in the pants Andrea needed to stand on her own without Shane and want to help the group stay together rather than drive them apart.

If the rumors with Shane are true, it's crazy to think we'll lose three of the original cast this season. I thought the forthcoming bloodshed with Woodbury would be bad. Perhaps they're spreading the losses out instead?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
For the record, I think it would be totally awesome if T-Dog somehow managed to survive the entire series! Like we're in Season 6 and he's still managing to show up like two minutes every other episode and is all like "Man, I'm still here!"

LULZ!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Suicide girl's boyfriend's name is Jimmy. I don't know suicide girl's name though. (Beth maybe??)

Hmm. Suicide Girl would make a pretty cool name for a bad-ass villain lass... she'll probably show up on DC's sure to be craptacular Earth ("THIS IS NOT THE JUSTICE SOCIETY") 2.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Interview with Kirkman. Talks about Dale, the Governor, hostage lad and next year a little,

http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220034p1.html

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I did NOT see that ending with Dale coming! But I loved it! (Even though I'll miss the character and the actor.) I hope the writers continue to shake things up to surprise the readers of the comics. And I echo MLLASH in the hope that that surprise comes in the form of a horrific, gory death for that annoying brat, Carl. (Although I do think the young actor playing him is doing a great job.)

I also echo EDE in the hope that T-Dog stumbles his way to the end of the whole show. Haha That would be great! I'm putting money on it now, though - as soon as he gets more than a line or two in an episode, he'll be dead by the end of it. Mark my words.

Still really enjoying this season. Yes, the WHOLE season. I think it's been much stronger than the first on nearly all fronts. I think I'm actually enjoying the show more than the comic right now. In fact, I don't think it- I know it. The comic has gotten boring and repetitive and the characters even more unlikeable than normal IMO.

Can't wait to see how it all ends up in the last two episodes of the season. A few months ago, I was sure Shane would be toast by the end of it. But now I'm not so sure. It seems like he's kind of resolved his issues with Rick/Lori for the moment and with all this drama with the Governor's (?) people brewing, it doesn't seem like they'll have time to get back to it before the season's over.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to see that character go... will be interesting to see how Andrea is impacted... Shane too... not that much was keeping Shane from going all the way over the edge, but at least there was a pesky voice of reason buzzing in his ear...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Felt it was a great payoff tonight. Many fans of the show, especially those who have not read the comics, will not like that death, but I felt it was richly deserved and nicely executed by the actors.

AMC is known for shows not afraid to take risks. This will help further that rep.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Two massive episodes in a row, and next time out looks totally wicked.

Two things though...

Why can't Lori watch her son for more than 10 seconds at a time?

Where did all those Walkers in the woods come from? Or are they from another direction that our guys were not in?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The woods suddenly being full of walkers was jarring and poorly done. Aside from that, everything else was BOOBS ("boobs" is the new "tits")!

I hate to lose this character as well but agree with Cobie it was richly deserved.

Letting Randall think he was free and clear strikes me as especially cruel.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

BTW-- I am totes excited about next week's "Night of the Living Dead"-ish looking episode (makes up for them suddenly inserting a boatload of zombies in the woods out of nowhere)!

And with that, MLLASH'S OFFICIAL LIST OF DEATHS FOR NEXT WEEK:

You can put this in the bank-- THESE characters WILL be dying:

T-DAWG: As cute as it would be to see him make it to the end, he's OUTTAHERE y'all.

JIMMY: You remember him, he was even shown tonight hammering something to remind you!

SUICIDE GIRL (Beth?): Yep, you shoulda did it right the first time... now you're zombie chow!

CAROL: She'll be joining Sophia as of next week.

Do YOU have any death predictions?

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

My predictions:

T-Dawg - I agree. He just isn't going to make it. I do believe that he will get a righteous send off though.

Hershel - Daddy gonna go down with the ship (farm) to protect his youngins.

Jimmy and Suicide Girl - are both fodder, neither has much to contribute to the continuing narrative.

I think that will be it though. This will open up more room for the following next season:

Michonne - She is confirmed to be appearing at some point, so why mot next season...especially with The Governor showing up.

Tyrese and the two teens - Good a time as any to bring them in next season as well.

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*]

[ March 29, 2012, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.