Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Have just caught up with the fantastic latest two episodes of the The Walking Dead... but before I discuss them I just want to make a quick comment about some other discussions in this thread -

I'm not cool with all the spoilers to other shows that people have been dropping. Fortunately for me, I've seen most of those shows (except American Horror Story but either those posts didn't reveal too much or else I managed to scan my eyes past them in time) but anyone who hasn't seen LOST for example (and here I'm thinking mainly of MLLASH but there are probably others) will have had some of the best moments of that show spoiled here in this unrelated thread.

Anyway, complaint over - back to TWD.

*AMAZING* ending! Devastating! Heart-breaking! Powerful! I *DID NOT* see it coming at all! And it made the so-called "slow" search-for-Sophia storyline of the season all worth it with this incredible climax.

Shane is such a dickhead! I still really like the character but they're definitely pushing him into villain territory now. I predict the event that ends the first TPB to occur at the end of this season now.

Dale's actions seemed a little weird in this last episode. What was he hoping to accomplish by hiding the guns? They still need them right? And his sudden suspicion that Shane killed Otis seemed a little unfounded based on what the character knows (compared to what the audience knows). I didn't buy that whole confrontation.

A writer at the AV Club was complaining that not enough main characters get killed off in this show. They believe that the zombies need to make more kills in order for us to believe the threat. I could not disagree more! I almost had to check that Dan Didio isn't moonlighting as a writer there! The kills need to be sparse and shocking IMO so that when they do happen they have an impact. Like this emotional ending for Sophia. It wouldn't have been the same punch to the gut if T-Dog, Daryl and Maggie (for example) had all died in recent episodes.

I'm curious to see where the show goes from here now. Obviously Hershel will want them off his farm after this incident but I can't see any reason why he would want to go with them. (I disagree that the farm would now be any more overrun with zombies than it was before because all the zombies from the barn are now dead.) I'm looking forward to seeing them back on the road again though and God-help-me but I'm actually looking forward to seeing Michonne introduced too. Fingers-crossed I like her more here than I do in the comic.

Can't wait for the rest of the season.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I do plan to watch LOST one of these days but haven't let any LOST discussion 'sink in'; I just skim over it usually. I have no idea who any of the LOST characters are...

re: American Horror Story, there's no hard spoilers in this thread, and definitely DO watch when you can- it's pretty badass for the most part!!

You remind me, I never did re-watch the final episode... I will do that today and report back!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I definitely plan on catching up on AHS at some point. My sister is very into it and keeps recommending it to me too.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
IS IT FEBRUARY YET?!?! [AHHHH!!!!] [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Full series marathon on the 31st...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

From Entertainment Weekly's site... I'm not sure how much of any of this is true- esp. since the writer makes some leaps like referring to TWD as Darabont's "creation"- but it certainly is interesting.

Read what ALMOST was the Season 2 opening episode of TWD:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/09/frank-darabont-walking-dead-season-2-plan/

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I read about that...it would have been interesting, if not a distraction from the main story.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Revised credits may give a clue to the new direction of the show:

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TVhRXkhqQE3nlj/season-2-alternate-title-sequence

[Wink]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that...that was awesome!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The 1 week countdown has begun!

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Season 1 marathon on Saturday... Season 2 marathon on Sunday... all friggin' zombie weekend!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
IS IT FEBRUARY YET?!?! [AHHHH!!!!] [sigh]

It IS!

Looking forward to a lot of discussion tonight following Season 2.2's first episode.

Everyone should expect spoilers galore!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Can't believe this was never brought up here. The article I'm linking to ABSOLUTELY CONTAINS TWD COMIC SPOILERS FROM THE FIRST 6 ISSUES!

Is SHANE exiting the cast of TWD?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Random pondering: It seems the liklihood that Whitney Houston's death will lead to higher viewing of the Grammys (and may therefore hurt TWD's ratings) is pretty high.

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Thought I posted this but it seems to have been lost (apologies if it turns into a double post).

I was waiting for Rick to not

Click Here For A Spoilerput a bullet through the second guy's head.

So it seems the survivors still don't know the big secret about the walkers:

Click Here For A SpoilerThat the dead come back regardless of whether they were bit or not.

I expect this will be a major plot point/nasty surprise at some juncture soon.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.