Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose Bobby showing up in Pam's shower a year after his death on Dallas has to qualify as a pretty shocking moment, however lame the eventual explanation for it next season turned out to be.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I suppose Bobby showing up in Pam's shower a year after his death on Dallas has to qualify as a pretty shocking moment, however lame the eventual explanation for it next season turned out to be.

Oh yeah, an entire season relegated to a dream is the very essence of shitty jump the shark moments! As I recall, the explanation leaked long before it actually aired, I'd guess purposefully so as to lessen the outrage to its impact in advance. [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The amazing thing is how they had to screw over a years worth of development in the lives of all of their other characters just to bring him back!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny to me that when The Newhart show did it in their last episode...very last scene...I thought it was freakin hilarious.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I re-watched the first 2 eps of season 2 last night.

the herd on the highway scene is so up there with any big-screen zombie film!

It was a mistake for Rick to ever leave terrified Sophia... better he kept her with him, since he could have had her hide in a tree ahead of him while he "stoned" the 2 walkers.

The church zombie scene intrigued me... the 2 male zombies moved to attack the gang, but the female zombie looked more terrified than anything and made no move to attack. Very interesting, best not to dwell on it, as surely she would have tried to attack sooner or later.

First scene at the Greenes, we do see that boy and one of the unnamed blonde-haired girls along with Patricia and Maggie.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was weird that those zombies were just sitting in the pews at the church as if waiting for service to begin. Like they "remembered" their previous lives.

Reminded me of Morgan's wife-zombie returning to their house every night, trying to get in.

I don't think I like the idea of the zombies having some sort of memory of their lives.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

This was also hit on in the very first episode, when the little girl walker stops to pick up a doll. It does seem like a very very select few zombies do have that memory of previous life... which makes their situation all the more horrific for me.

I think it is effective as a way to garner a kind of sympathy for the zombies from the viewer, but don't think it is very "realistic" (I know, I know, what part of this IS realistic?)...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

gone
gone

*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You've sold me with your NotLD example... also I remember them gathering at the mall in DotD was referred to as some remembered force of habit, or something similar...

This also helps explain why that enormous mass of zombies had not wandered off from the High School FEMA shelter in the 2nd episode.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, the acting out stuff from their previous lives is a pretty standard zombie trope. Isn't their a scene in one movie where a zombie finds a razor and starts shaving its flesh off?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Re-watched the 3rd and 4th episodes last night:

Shane and Otis were in a DIRE SITUATION. Zombies at every turn... there's no doubt. HOWEVER...

Shane indeed make a bad and unnecessary and needlessly cruel judgement call in shooting Otis.

At the time he decided to shoot Otis, they were quite a distance ahead of the zombies, and there's no reason NOT to think they BOTH could have made it to the truck had they continued the pace they were keeping. Shane's shooting Otis in fact very nearly doomed them both!

The well zombie plot... pure filler. No sane person would ever dare drinking that water again after removing that hideous waterlogged zombie.

Herschel and Dale are both fascinating characters... Herschel has a way of delivering his lines that I find both soothing and slightly annoying. And Dale, it is becoming apparent that he likes to run things in secret... quietly doing little things here and there in secret mastermind fashion.

[ December 10, 2011, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH classic ]

--------------------

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Dale kind of gets on my nerves. Way too nosy and meddlesome. I know the writers want us to sympathize with him as the conscious of the show, but somehow that makes him more annoying. But he is necessary to the show, if only to stir the pot.

As for the zombies acting out stuff they used to do while alive... I dunno. I'll get used to it, I guess. I think I'm comparing the show too much to the comic. It bugged me when the zombies ran and used tools (the brick to smash the window) in Atlanta, too. I need to accept the show has it's own set of rules...

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've enjoyed this season much more by doing just that... Comic? WHAT comic?

The next 2 episodes...

Carol's finest moment was telling Darryl hs is every bit as good as Rick and Shane. I'd love to see them as a couple- but do NOT think it is going to happen, which is going to devestate me (and Carol).

The courtship -or whatever- of Glenn and Maggie is wonderful to watch... I *love* Maggie.

Shane & Andrea? Super! Perhaps my two least-favorite characters can go riding off into the sunset together!

Darryl coming out of his Merle hallucination to the reality of a zombie biting its way up his boot toward flesh is still one of the scariest moments for me on re-watch (and then, here comes another one from the woods!!)

Some truly intense scenes with Shane and Dale when Dale calls him out on Otis... Shane is bobbing and weaving like the snake in Rikki Tikki Tavi and Dale is his mesmerized terrified prey. Good stuff.

These are Herschel's 'peeps': Maggie (who is well-known), Patricia (older blonde from the operation scenes and gathering chickens for the barn-geeks)), Jimmy (young -and VERY cute- boy who offers to help look for Sophia, Unnamed young blonde girl (if they gave her a name, I missed it-- she appears most during the "gun training" scene, along with Jimmy), and then Otis (r.i.p.)

With that small a staff, it is no wonder Herschel -despite his misgivings- was coming around to letting them stay on... that's a BIG-ass farm to run.

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.