Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 64)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you like it Cobie. We were starting to get burned out on "Dexter" with all it's plot contrivances and stretches it made to maintain the Status Quo it wanted. When I mentioned this to someone, they suggested Breaking Bad and it's been great. I'm loving how every action has realistic consequences and Walt just keeps going deeper and deeper into that hole. It will be interesting to see him fully "Break Bad" as the show progresses.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
My wife and i were looking for stuff to watch during the summer and decided to rent "Weeds" Now we bought all the seasons on the cheap from Amazon. Good show! It's a bit all over the place sometimes with their stories, but very entertaining!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
My wife and i were looking for stuff to watch during the summer and decided to rent "Weeds" Now we bought all the seasons on the cheap from Amazon. Good show! It's a bit all over the place sometimes with their stories, but very entertaining!

We're watching Weeds on Netflix Canada right now. We're about midway through the second season. It's been really fun, and this season seems to be finding its groove a bit better than the first season which, as you said, didn't seem to know what kind of show it wanted to be at times.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Hot in Cleveland. Betty White is still hillarious!
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Rupaul's Drag U... oddly addictive...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stumbled across an episode of "Little House on the Prairie"... the school teacher was in horse and buggy accident, so Mrs. Ingalls was asked to fill in... she was trying to help one of the older students learn to read when Mrs. Olsen came in and called the student dumb in front of everyone...

Boy, that Mrs. Olsen was a real beyotch...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
My Girlfriend has got me hooked on A-list NY, and after two seasons i have to call it one of my guilty new pleasures.
But Riechen really needs to get over himself with his "ohh poor me i can't find love yadda,yadda,yadda."
Ohhh and Austen!! jezzus man get over it and just do Riechen already. i'm getting tired of his drunken tirades and his attack on the Rodiney/Reichen relationship. Mike is my fave so far, the others
Ryan, Derrick and TJ, kinda remind me of that female clique in HS that hung together gossiped about everything but kept smiling the whole time while talking much $#iT behind your back.
gotta love the cattiness huh?

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Just finished Season 2 of Weeds, but Season 3 isn't on Netflix Canada yet. May be a renter, just to resolve the cliffhanger.

Definitely a better Season than the first. Although I found Peter's turn at the end a little abrupt and extreme, it certainly amped up the tension. Zooey Deshanel (Sp?) alternated between funny and annoying over the last few episodes, I hope she's used sparingly in the future, if at all.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Fans of golden age or just after Hollywood will appreciate this... I just spent the past hour watching home movies on YouTube. Home movies featuring Paul Newman, Natalie Wood, Rock Hudson, Lauren Bacall, Julie Andrews, Sal Mineo, Jane Fonda, Kirk Douglas... too many to remember.

Shot by Roddy McDowell at his beach house and just now released.

Can you imagine beach parties with these people? It's fun seeing them in this setting, with windblown hair, kids and dogs underfoot. There's no sound- so it's eye candy only.

Apparently a documentary is being assembled from the footage. Roddy McDowell is one celebrity whose 'tell-all' I would love to read- but the fact that he refused to write one makes me like him even more. He was friends with just about everybody back then, apparently... and knew and kept all his friends' secrets.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I decided to dig out my videoptape of BLACKSTAR for the first time since 1981 and watch it again. It's just as I remember-- every frame screams "Filmation!" (the same people who did JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, STAR TREK, FLASH GORDON), but it's been terribly watered-down for "the kiddies". Oh well.

Here's what baffles me. Both the IMDB and Wikipedia have the episodes listed in a certain order, with air dates. Now, as far as I know, I taped the first 11 episodes off CBS during their initial run. And the order is COMPLETELY different! How is this possible???

Unless, of course, the information on both websites is INCORRECT and is being perpetuated because nobody knows any better...

1 - SEARCH FOR THE STARSWORD
2 - KINGDOM OF NEPTUL
3 - LIGHTNING CITY OF THE CLOUDS
4 - THE QUEST
5 - THE CROWN OF THE SORCERESS
6 - THE AIR WHALES OF ANCHOR
7 - THE LORD OF TIME
8 - THE MERMAID OF SERPENT SEA
9 - TREE OF EVIL
10 - CITY OF THE ANCIENT ONES
11 - THE OVERLORD'S BIG SPELL

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the History Channel's How the States Got Their Shapes. Brian Unger can redraw my borders any time! [Drool]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been watching Known Universe a fair bit lately.
Just finished up Game of Thrones yesterday from the PVR.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched Charlie Jade on Hulu recently. There's some gems buried among all the dross there.

Misfits is amusing, but appalling, at the same time. It's like a train wreck. I can't look away!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Currently watching the season premiere of Hawaii Five-0, now with added awesomeness from new cast member Terry O'Quinn!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
THE PLAYBOY CLUB series premiere!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.