Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 62)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Unintentional comedy... Sons of Anarchy

Fairly Legal. Not great, but okay at 10 or 11 on a Thursday night.

The Defenders... cute show. Belushi's ex should be the lady from his last show, according to jim, who played his wife. Now that could be funny.

Scrubs... still love this show. The lady playing Jordan... hottcha...

Got back into How I met your mother in syndication. Watched the show at first, but lost it.

Rules of engagement... The entire cast is funny.

Tried both the british and american version of Being Human and just can't stick it.

Waiting for Eureka and Warehouse 13 to return.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
Waiting for Apr. 23rd, 9pm and the return of the wonderful Matt Smith as Doctor Who.

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Amy and Rory! The last season if Doctor Who was easily my favorite since the series was revived.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
How I Met Your Mother is always cool for a solid watch, even if I don't watch it religiously. Like the Office (but much more so IMO), if I catch it and I've got a few minutes, I'll rawk it out.

Community needs to get into syndication ASAP.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched the Dresden Files on Netflix. Solid cast, Murphy was a fun watch, very attractive and smart.

don't know how the character is in the books, but in the show he seemed awfully squirmy and twitchy, as one character noted.

Would have liked to have seen more, but, it only lasted one season.

I forget who it was, but thanks to the poster here that recommended the series.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Castle. The show is just fun.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I called in sick for a tummy bug today and watched two movies on DVD this afternoon. I had checked both out from the library some time ago and finally got around to seeing them.

First was 1964's The World of Henry Orient, with Peter Sellers and Angela Lansbury. Sellers plays a concert pianist that two teenage schoolgirls become obsessed with. It's hilariously funny and very poignant in some places. I saw it on the late, late show when I was a teenager and decided to see it again.

Second was 1969's They Shoot Horses, Don't They? Jane Fonda and Michael Sarrazin play two young people in a weeks-long dance marathon in the 1930s. Gig Young won an Oscar for his role as the emcee. I had never seen it before.

Both great films in their own ways. I never would have put them together, but seeing them together I noticed some casting coincidences. Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster) appeared in a supporting role in both movies. Phyllis Thaxter was in Henry Orient and Susannah York was in They Shoot Horses. Of course Thaxter played Martha Kent and York played Lara in Superman: The Movie

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the American version of Being Human.

The British version not so much.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^Me, too, fk! I've extolled its virtues a couple of times in this thread. It really got better and better over the course of its 13 episodes with this week's being the last of the initial run. It was announced last month that there will be a second season. It's got a good mythology to it, an increasingly impressive cast, a nice humorous touch and it tied up a lot of loose ends while leaving room for future stories.

I watched most of the first episode of the British version. Just didn't grab me. I may look at it some more, but I don't see it impressing me like the American adaptation does.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exo-Lardy:
^Me, too, fk! I've extolled its virtues a couple of times in this thread. It really got better and better over the course of its 13 episodes with this week's being the last of the initial run. It was announced last month that there will be a second season. It's got a good mythology to it, an increasingly impressive cast, a nice humorous touch and it tied up a lot of loose ends while leaving room for future stories.

I watched most of the first episode of the British version. Just didn't grab me. I may look at it some more, but I don't see it impressing me like the American adaptation does.

See I'm the exact opposite. We love the British version, but the American one really left us cold (full disclosure, we only watched the first few episodes). George and Annie are just so much more likable than their American counterparts. It may just be a matter of which you were exposed to first, but we were really turned off by the new one.

Also, Herrick was much creepier than Bishop, in that he was so disarming in his looks and mannerisms, that it's that much scarier when he goes full on vampy evil.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
One difference that bothered me was that the UK version's ghost was all about making tea and was visible to everyone. Just didn't seem all that tragic and ghostly, I guess.

Though the American version hooked me almost immediately, it still got MUCH better as the season went on. Not sure if anyone with a preference either way would ever warm up to the other version, though.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exo-Lardy:
One difference that bothered me was that the UK version's ghost was all about making tea and was visible to everyone. Just didn't seem all that tragic and ghostly, I guess.

In Season 1, Annie is still only visible to other Supernatural creatures (Once she begins honing her powers she's able to appear). The Tea thing is kind of a coping mechanism as she tries to sort out what's going on (including her suppressed memory of how she died). It's kind of a running joke when she keeps making tea that she can't drink and the others don't really want. I found the relationship between Annie and George was what one of the things made the show.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I prefer the British version of Being Human, too.
I don't much care for the ghost girl in the American show, but the series, as a whole has been growing on me.

Did anyone watch Off the Map, Wed. on ABC?
Interns getting a second chance to do their residencies in a Central American country at a clinic.
Wonderful stuff.

Did you know that coconut milk has the same nutrients as blood plasma and was used during WWII by medics if blood wasn't available?
It's even sterile in the nut.

There's a new movie coming out called Cowboys and Aliens.
Harrison Ford is in it, which can be a plus or minus, but it looks good in the trailer I saw!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
In Season 1, Annie is still only visible to other Supernatural creatures (Once she begins honing her powers she's able to appear). The Tea thing is kind of a coping mechanism as she tries to sort out what's going on (including her suppressed memory of how she died). It's kind of a running joke when she keeps making tea that she can't drink and the others don't really want. I found the relationship between Annie and George was what one of the things made the show.

Hm. Well, what I saw was presumably the first episode and it opened with Annie opening the door for a pizza boy and talking to him. Then, the other two made a comment about her keeping out of sight since she's supposed to be dead, and that would complicate things. It's on my free DVR list and is listed as the first episode. It begins with a montage similar to how the American version begins, so I assume that's correct.

In the American version Sally (the ghost's name in this one) begins completely disconnected from anything except other supernatural beings. She can't touch anyone or anything. By the end of the season, she's just being able to hold things in her hands with a great deal of concentration. She's a long way from being able to make tea.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
An episode of Happy Endings .

Best. Coming. Out. Story. Ever.

Two sl#ts and a nazi. I'll leave it at that.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.