Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 78)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
<font face="palatino">Squirrels!</font f>
The little beasts are everywhere right now!

[shakes fist]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OID7gA8fcaw
Oh, Dave. This is why you're the only man for me.

[Love]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<---- watchin my all time favorite Lost episode, "The Constant" while drinking lots of wine and scotch.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
The Guild, season 5 and Eureka,season 1.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
so ... You like Connie Britton ... I take it.

I have currently caught up to season 3 of the West Wing ... on which Connie Britton is a cast member. I think she will only be on for season 3 though.

There's something likeable about Connie Britton. [Smile]

Of course, in American Horror Story, hers was the ONLY character written in any way likeable, so the odds were in her favor.

I do highly recommend AHS Season 1 though, but it is a MUST that you see ALL 13 episodes!

And speaking of AHS, that reminds me I haven't watched episode 2 of AHS:A yet... *scampers off to TV*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
<---- watchin my all time favorite Lost episode, "The Constant" while drinking lots of wine and scotch.

Ooh, definitely one of the best!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
re: episode 2 of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM...

Awesome. Firing on ALL cylinders! Amazeballs. Can't watch in the dark.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
We got a sweet deal on our Cable/Internet/phone package as part of their "retention" program, so we've been ODing on some On Demand choices. Finished all of Game of Thrones (excellent), caught up on Dexter (disappointing), watched the end of Alphas (keeps getting better), and we still have American Horror Story and Walking Dead on the go. Slowly turning into a couch potato.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
REVOLUTION is losing me quickly. Too many of the characters are just really annoying to me.

Crap! Just when I was ready to give up on the show, I really like the latest episode!

Totally saw the twist at the end coming, but it worked well nonetheless! Neville's story was actually pretty interesting, and the Jeff Fahey appearance was pretty much awesome!

Bah! Focus on annoying nerd stereotype guy and flashbacks to his boring, personalityless wife pretty blew all the enthusiasm I started to pick up with the last episode.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

American Horror Story Asylum continues to be far more intense than last series. Although there isn't much light-hearted fare, I do find it funny that every episode opens with something horrible happening to Adam Levine.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
It kept popping up as "recommended" in my Netflix queue, so I finally relented and started watching the early 2000's series "Freaks and Geeks".

Started... aaaaand finished. There were only 18 episodes, and - once I saw an episode or two - I had to just do a marathon of the whole thing.

I was so impressed. It was such a spot-on representation of the way I remember childhood in the late 70's/early 80's. Remarkable for a show of this type, I found the characters incredibly well written - falling into "types" but not crossing the line into cliches.

Well worth a watch.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just recently started watching the Astroboy cartoons via the Crackle app on my xbox
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
It kept popping up as "recommended" in my Netflix queue, so I finally relented and started watching the early 2000's series "Freaks and Geeks".

Started... aaaaand finished. There were only 18 episodes, and - once I saw an episode or two - I had to just do a marathon of the whole thing.

I was so impressed. It was such a spot-on representation of the way I remember childhood in the late 70's/early 80's. Remarkable for a show of this type, I found the characters incredibly well written - falling into "types" but not crossing the line into cliches.

Well worth a watch.

SO GOOD. So many of those actors were at their best ... and even though many of them went on to supersuccess ... their Freeks and Geeks performances were their best. (IMO)

Suuuuch a shame this was cancelled so early. I came to love it a few years after it fell off the air and was really confused as to why it didn't get great ratings.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

Suuuuch a shame this was cancelled so early. I came to love it a few years after it fell off the air and was really confused as to why it didn't get great ratings.

As I recall the timeslot wasn't ideal. We watched the first run and liked it, but it wasn't heavily promoted.
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Freaks and Geeks is insanely good. I think the only one we watched during it's original run was the last episode, but we were hooked. I wasn't quite as old as the characters but I was close enough to remember that era well. It deserved a longer run but that last episode stands as one of the best finales I've seen.

The show was also hampered by a hiatus that didn't help it build any momentum at all. It's not really the kind of thing you'd have expected a broadcast network to green-light anyway so I'm glad we got what we got.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The last episode was fantastic ... that's what I remember of the series ... and them always hanging out in the stairwell.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.