Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 77)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Squirrels!
The little beasts are everywhere right now!

[shakes fist]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
<font face="palatino">Squirrels!</font f>
The little beasts are everywhere right now!

[shakes fist]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OID7gA8fcaw
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"The Help"

Now as chick-flickie as I thought it'd be. I imagine sales of chocolate pie are down.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
We watched "Melancholia" a couple nights ago. It was about what I expected. It was well made but the plot was less important than the overall tone and the acting was good but the characters were pretty unlikable. It may have been the first Lars Von Trier film I watched in it's entirety.

I actually had to watch this one over two nights, as I found the first part to be a tremendous slog. The second part improved a good bit... but I'm sort of torn on Von Trier as a director.

I feel like he's very "unsubtle" in the messages he tries to put in his films. There's an old phrase about how to present things in meetings and such - "Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em; Then tell 'em; Then tell 'em what you told 'em." That works great for a powerpoint, but for a film? Not so much.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he's just depressed and makes movies about that.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

AMERICAN HORROR STORY - ASYLUM premiere was off the hook crazy. It's still got some of the drawbacks of the original where it won't settle on a tone, but in this episode turns it to its advantage by throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the premiere. In a single hour we get Horror, suspense, melodrama, sci-fi, period piece, and probably four other genres all thrown in a blender for a messy but tasty cocktail. If they can keep this up, it will be a very entertaining series.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is American Horror story Asylum different than American Horror Story or is it Season 2?

Did they pull a Spartacus?

I like Clea Duval and Adam Levine as well! [Smile]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Is American Horror story Asylum different than American Horror Story or is it Season 2?

Did they pull a Spartacus?

I like Clea Duval and Adam Levine as well! [Smile]

It's a new "series" with a lot of the same actors (playing different characters). It looks like each year they'll do a complete story and then move on.

It's great because people who like Adam Levine can tune in to see him, and people who don't can tune in to see horrible things happen to him. [Wink]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Oh I see, thanks.

Jessica Lange is just too good of an actress ... she creeps me the f out!

I'm not sure if I will stick with this though, I had a hard time getting through Season one.

The acting is way too good and believable ... I like my horror to be a bit camp ... If its too realistic I just feel transported into this horrible situation. Too intense.

Especially the murder scene of the gay couple, it was just too real for me.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I really enjoyed AHS season 1. I actually thought it was very camp. Especially the gay couple whom I loved. I do agree that their murder scene was particularly horrible though. It was all laugh, laugh, laugh and then... head smash. That was difficult to watch.

The rest of the show was a hoot though. I loved all of the genre/tone-shifts. Screwing up tone is usually something that throws me right out of a show but this one worked because it was intentionally so all-over-the-place. I just jumped on the ride and let the show take me where it took me.

I also really like that it was a finite story in season 1 and now the show has completely reinvented itself for season 2. That seems like a unique concept to me. Have any shows ever done that before?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
For the past month or so (mainly on weekends) my wife and I have been rewatching Lost all the way through. We just finished up season 3 on Saturday. I'd forgotten what a powerhouse season #3 is! Fantastic all the way through and the final 5-6 episodes might be the best run of episodes throughout the series.

This is the 6th time I've seen seasons 1&2, and the 3rd for season 3. It's amazing how much you continue to pick up on that you've never seen before.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
For the past month or so (mainly on weekends) my wife and I have been rewatching Lost all the way through. We just finished up season 3 on Saturday. I'd forgotten what a powerhouse season #3 is! Fantastic all the way through and the final 5-6 episodes might be the best run of episodes throughout the series.

This is the 6th time I've seen seasons 1&2, and the 3rd for season 3. It's amazing how much you continue to pick up on that you've never seen before.

Arguably, this is also where the wheels start to come off though, as a lot of the mystery and intrigue masterfully set up in season three fails to pay of satisfactorily as you continue through the series.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
AMERICAN HORROR STORY probably deserves its own thread. I had a difficult time with Season 1, in that each and every character was SO gosh-darn unlikeable ...except for Connie Britton. I mean really, I hated all of them, except Connie Britton. And then the season just kept getting more and more DEPRESSING every week. But I hung in there, mainly for Connie Britton.

But when all was said and done, the season ended with the most bizarre and twisted "feel good" episode I had ever seen... I was kinda floored and speechless and really loved it.

Season 2 really opened strong and was much more thrilling than depressing to me. I'm definitely onboard!

And speaking of Connie Britton-- and one always should-- I am totes loving NASHVILLE.

Alas, LOST eventually lost my attention... I became convinced there was no way it was going to wrap up in a satisfying way for me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

so ... You like Connie Britton ... I take it.

I have currently caught up to season 3 of the West Wing ... on which Connie Britton is a cast member. I think she will only be on for season 3 though.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I think the Season 4 finale is probably my favorite, but overall those last few episodes of Season 3 are definitely among the best.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.