Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 76)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, 'Hell on Wheels' has been freaking fantastic! AMC can do no wrong, honestly. The three best shows on television and this one is looking good too.

I just started watching this a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. It has such a variety of fascinating characters, engaging and realistic plot twists and turns, and attention to historical ambience in every regard. I especially like watching how this diverse group of folks is learning to make a life (or not) in community together. We see the toughness and creativity of everyone as each tries to make a life for himself or herself up against the raw edges of ethnic, racial, gender, social, and economic barriers...all while trying to figure out where justice lies. A fascinating show!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
3 episodes in, and I'm still into REVOLUTION. Charlie remains my primary draw; I was worried the show would become way too depressing but the glimmers of hope (like episode 3's ending) are very nice. Yeah, I know a show like TWD is probably a LOT more depressing in theory, but the fantasy element (zombies) just makes it different for me. REVOLUTION could threaten to just turn into a "people being awful to each other just because they can now" show, but I think that worry has been addressed in episode 3 somewhat.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Some incredibly implausible bits in the second Last Resort episode, but I'm still digging the show quite a bit. We'll see where it goes.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
GLEE is amazing this season, last season was a super dud IMO, this one is back on track ... I almost cried. ok maybe a little.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Season 5 DVD of Burn Notice. It's getting a bit repetitious and I don't really care for the new bad guy. Fi is still easy to look at.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the pilot of the West Wing last week ...

I think I will be addicted if I start watching it.

Its so 90s. and Alyson Janney!!!

*sigh* However, I bet its not a satire anymore because real life politics have surpassed the fictional in its absurdity.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

tonight ... 666 ....
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
The West Wing is completely addicting... one of my favorite all time shows!

If you like the West Wing, you'll also like the Newsroom...

Right now, I'm watching season 1 of Homeland... I wasn't into it at first, but I've been sucked in...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

REVOLUTION is losing me quickly. Too many of the characters are just really annoying to me.

Really digging VEGAS, however, which actually seems to be getting better with successive episodes. And looking forward to NASHVILLE's premiere tomorrow night.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Last night, I watched a couple of Greg The Bunny eps on disc, followed by the Marx Bros. in At The Circus.

Just what the doctor ordered. [Yes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I am so addicted to the West Wing ... I feel like I'm part of the cast ... I love my new friends. [Wink]

I dropped 666. the biggest disappointment. I dropped Last Resort and Revolution.

Gossip Girl is in its final season and its pretty sad that that is the only show besides Star Trek TNG that I have followed straight through in real time as it aired.

I'm hanging in there for Elementary.

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
The West Wing is completely addicting... one of my favorite all time shows!

If you like the West Wing, you'll also like the Newsroom...

Right now, I'm watching season 1 of Homeland... I wasn't into it at first, but I've been sucked in...

I've only seen episode 1 of the Newsroom, I really liked it, I don't have cable so I will have to wait until I can download it.
Eryk Davis Ester

I'd rather Terry O'Quinn go back to Hawaii Five-0, so I'm pretty much hoping 666 gets cancelled. [Devil]
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I'm sure the viewers want some Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams evil badnassery! Did we get that with episode 2? no, we got a story about some random lady. I'm not in it to see random Tales from the Darkseid one offs! I want to see Vanessa Williams snap that blonde lady's spine! and then I want to see Vanessa and Terry turn on each other! From episode two it seems like its not gonna be what I want for at least 10 or 11 episodes ... so I'm out. PEES!

[Big Grin]

[Hug]

notice how I spelled "dark side" .... that was unintentional.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I traveled all last week for work and missed all the shows (thankfully saw Walking Dead though).

I realized I didn't care all that much that I missed any of them. Only Vegas and Mob Doctor have me anxious to check in...for now.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
REVOLUTION is losing me quickly. Too many of the characters are just really annoying to me.

Crap! Just when I was ready to give up on the show, I really like the latest episode!

Totally saw the twist at the end coming, but it worked well nonetheless! Neville's story was actually pretty interesting, and the Jeff Fahey appearance was pretty much awesome!

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.