Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Lola Rennt was pretty good. Fun.

Festen was very depressing. Real good acting.

Malena was amazing. Great scenes of Sicily. Great story of how everybody just continued to get at her to finally she became what the false mean spirited gossip of the townsfolk suggested.

Irrevresible. Very disturbing. It start with the most disturbing scene I've ever seen. Than in the middle it has a horrible rape scene with Monica. It ends with a beautiful Monica froliking in her apartment naked for 15 minutes. I love Monica but this movie wasn't worth it. Part of my soul is darker now.

Stage Beauty? pretty good.

The Libertine? I expected more.

Vanity Fair? Eh. Glad I never read the book. Good acting all the way around. But no likable characters really.

25th Hour. pretty damn good. Norton directed by Spike Lee.

Easy Rider? Another classic that I just didn't care for. I guess it's one of those "you had to be there". Kind of like in comics with GDS or Kree-Skrull War. [Smile]

Lawrence of Arabia on the other hand I loved. That was a great epic.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind rocked!

What have you guys seen lately? What do you think of some of these movies?

[ May 04, 2007, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool movies I've seen somewhat recently that I reccomend:

Children of Men - sci-fi/commentary on humanity, excellent.
Good Sheperd - for the acting alone
Inside Man - Denzel and Clive Owen? Hell yes! Plus Jodi Foster being excellent (I'm iffy on her)
300 - Of course everyone knows I'd like this, but I have to at least say its probably my favorite movie since Kill Bill Part I
Grindhouse - definitive movie going experience of 2007

Hm. Feel like there's been quite a few others.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dream Girl
Yay for pie! (im obsessed)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dream Girl   Email Dream Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
i recently watched a murder movie called "The Wolf" that didnt come out too long ago.

It was ok at the beginning, but towards the end it got more exciting, there was enough blood for a 13 year-old like myself.

But movies like this,they never quite satisfy me.

--------------------
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice-cream!

From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dream Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dream Girl   Email Dream Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
The cool thing was it had Bon Jovi in it.

And this wont interest you watsoever, but i couldnt keep my eyes off him!Hehe!

He just looked real good is all.

--------------------

From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt you and I continue having similiar tastes. [Smile]

300 and Kill Bill (as well as Sin City) have joined my favorite movies list. (Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction, and the Professional)

Children of Men? I liked it but thought it was missing something. But it was good. Just another that maybe I was expecting more? Some more explanation would've been nice. [Wink]

Dream Girl, Bon Jovi? I used to like him when I was your age (in a hetero kind of way). When he started cutting his hair like a girl, getting highlights and plastic surgery I started making fun of him. [Smile] (again in europe I see bon jovi graffiti?! he's like hasselhoff over there!)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dream Girl

Hey, same here, i only listen to very few of his songs anyway...

What the heck do you mean with Bon Jovi graffiti?
Oh well, (you dont have to answer that).

The movie was good otherwise.

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

quote:
Originally posted by Dream Girl:
Hey, same here, i only listen to very few of his songs anyway...

What the heck do you mean with Bon Jovi graffiti?
Oh well, (you dont have to answer that).

The movie was good otherwise.

DG, lol. In Italy quite a few times I saw shapree marker on posts "Bon Jovi forever!" or I love Bon Jovi. I saw a few times in spain as well.

What was Wolf about? Was it an American or German film?

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Its actually Cry_Wolf...probably had a different title in Germany.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Count me in among the Boondock Saints fans.

Every time I go to Blockbuster, I keep forgetting to look for the Russian horror movie Night Watch.

Grindhouse, or at least the Planet Terror half and the fake trailers, has inspired me to inventory my horror film collection.

The ones I have that I would definitely recommend are:

Tenebrae (aka Unsane), Suspiria, Deep Red, A Lizard in a Woman's Skin (aka Schizoid), The Beyond (aka Seven Doors of Death), City of the Living Dead (aka Gates of Hell), House by the Cemetery, Zombi 2 (aka Zombie), Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, Baron Blood, Lisa and the Devil, Kill Baby Kill...I'm probably forgetting some. And yes, those are all Italian horror movies. It's my favorite country for horror movies.

Diabolik (aka Danger: Diabolik) is not a horror film, but I think everyone should see it (and don't anybody mention that it was on Mystery Science Theater 3000 -- I loved that show, but I'm still angry that they lumped Diabolik in with the genuinely bad movies.) The Diabolik DVD is outstanding -- one of the people interviewed is Steve Bissette!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jorg, we definately have the same taste in a lot of movies. [Big Grin] The 25th Hour is something I remember wanting to see when it came out but forgot all about. Spike Lee has blown me away in the past but also let me down, while Norton is brillant 90% of the time.

Stealth, Suspiria is one of my favorite horror movies of all time (think I've mentioned it to JoeBoy in fact before). Highly, highly reccommend it to all. I actually have been thinking of watching a 'guilty pleasure' horror movie I own, Prom Night. Not the hardest mystery to crack, but those scenes with the kids are so damn creepy!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Another Suspiria fan.

Suspiria is not only a great horror movie, it's a masterful exercise in pure cinema. Here's a review I did of it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076786/usercomments-301

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just recently started getting into Italian horror movies too!

'Saw Suspiria' a while ago and really enjoyed that. I just bought 'The Bird With The Crystal Plumage' DVD and loved that one as well. And a few years ago I rented 'Bay of Blood' (also known as 'Twitch of the Death Nerve' - GREAT title!) - what a warped movie! SO SO original. I've truly never seen another horror movie like it.

'Deep Red' and 'Zombi 2' have been on my "must-see" list for about 10 years now but the rest of your recommendations are new to me Stealth. Definitely going to look out for them though!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Two movies I forgot to mention that were great.

The Illusionist and Prestige.

Cobalt, Norton rocked in the Illusionist! Batman and Wolverine rocked in the Prestige. [Wink]

Never heard of Suspiria. I will try to check it out. Not a big horror fan though.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

*bump*

I just saw Blue Velvet. Um...um...

I'm a David Lynch fan so I wanted to check this out. Scary. Gave me nightmares. My wife was disturbed. It wasn't even that good. Ohwell.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got my DVD's from my DVD club, I'll be watching them over the next few days (between bar-hopping [Wink] ) They are:
Dark City
Saving Private Ryan
Da Vinci Code
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Shaun of the Dead
Shawshank Redemption

I also ordered some more, Pan's Labyrinth, 5th element and the Bourne Conpiracy...should haev those in a week or two

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.