Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone see Damages on FX? Rose Byrne, Glenn Close? Pretty darn good show.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Also saw that! (You can count on me [Big Grin] )

Actually pretty darn good, as you say. Its definately got my attention and I'm dying to see it play out.

Never was a fan of Glenn Close until the Shield season four (or was it five?), but consider me one now. She kills it here. Love Tate Donovon and Ted Dansen does a great job. Lots of other actors shining and Rose Byrne is the surprise star of each scene she's in.

Yet another example of why FX is where its at these days for this type of intense drama on television.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Been a fan of Rose Byrne since Troy and then Wicker Park (which had the other starring female of Troy).
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Heroes has just started showing over here.

I've on;y seen the first three episodes so far but I am hooked.

The first couple of episodes were a bit slow but there seem to be a lot of plotlines they are setting up.

Hiro is my new God by the way.

His, absolute, joy in the use of his powers is infectious and the moment when he teleported to New York left me with a big, goofy grin all over my face.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

walkwithcrowds, Heroes is a great show. My wife is not a comic book person at all and it became her favorite show. My daughter as well (11) not into comics and this is her favorite show. (she's a cheerleader)
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really liking "Burn Notice" on USA lately. It's a good summer show - good enough to rise above other summer fare, but might've gotten edged out against the regular season shows. I'm definitely interested to see where the main plotline goes and it's always fun to see all the little "spy tricks" he lets us in on every week.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This past weekend, I saw an excellent 2-part documentary on VH1. It was called NY77: The Coolest Year in Hell, and it focused on all the unpleasant things in New York City 30 years ago: urban decay, Son of Sam, the beginnings of my two least favorite music genres, hip-hop and punk rock, etcetera. I always like it when a movie or TV show or documentary refuses to sanitize the past, but instead illuminates how similar the past is to the present. I'm thankful that, as bad as Southeast Florida is right now, it's still not as bad as New York City in '77.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

drake, i like burn notice. i've seen a couple of episodes. gotta catchup with it.

Stealth, i am watching The Bronx is Burning which is an ESPN series about the summer of 77 in NYC from the Yankees perspective. It's pretty good. Two of my favorite actors are in it John Turturro and Oliver Platt. (i saw Daniel Sunjata when i went to nyc a few weeks ago. he's pretty but his acting needs a bit of work)

Stealth, where in FL are you? Us Floridians have to stick together. [Wink]

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched The Prestige last night on DVD. I was completely blown away. My wife and I kept throwing out theories about what was going on--the movie kept a nearly perfect balance between confusing you and revealing just enough to keep you completely enthralled. Bale and Jackman (whew! How man-crush worthy can a guy be?) were brilliant. First movie in a while I've just adored.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

armsfalloffboy, aye and aye again! One of the best films I've ever seen. I was blown away. My friend told me there was...a twist. I figured out the Bale part early on. (don't want to give this away!) But it just amazed me.

Which reminds me. I need to see that film.

Bale and Russell Crowe have a western coming out. Bale looks very...Eastwoodish in it.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jorg, I've also been watching the Bronx is Burning (man, are tastes in TV are about as similar as can get [Big Grin] ). Great show so far! Like the show Stealth is watching, it really does a good job of showing NYC in 1977. I'm a major Yankees fan too, so that is the most pleasing part for me (I love Nettles, Munson, Chambliss, Randolph and others, but generally dislike Reggie Jackson b/c he wasn't a life long Yankee).

John Turturo is one of my fave actors too. Sunjata (sp?) is the man on Rescue Me, so I like him here a lot too.

I love how the show NYC in the 70's and 80's as being as dirty, rugged and slimy as it was. Guiliano really cleaned it up. NYC is so much nicer now its like a whole nother city. Lots of cities are like that now (Chicago, even Baltimore to a degree...not so much Detroit [Big Grin] ).

The Son of Sam scenes have been very intense, as was the riot.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Stealth, where in FL are you? Us Floridians have to stick together. [Wink]

We do indeed. [Wink]

I'm in Hollywood, a little bit north of Miami. [sarcasm]Lovely place. [Roll Eyes] [/sarcasm]

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
NYC is so much nicer now its like a whole nother city. Lots of cities are like that now

What I wanna know is, when is it Miami's turn?

And thanks, guys, for the recommendations of Bronx is Burning; I don't usually watch ESPN, so I had no idea they were doing movies now.

Oh, one other thing: there wouldn't have been a riot like the New York '77 one in Ecuador, because blackouts are so common there. LOL

[ August 14, 2007, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Cobie, my godmother lived in NYC her whole life so I visited alot as a kid. I agree 100% about Guliani cleaning it up. It's like night & day. When I last visited my friend made a comment that Guliani "disneyfied nyc"...like that was a bad thing. I will take disneyfied any day before what it was. It's called a nice, clean, safe city.

Stealth, regarding Miami. I also have visited the southeast region since I was knee high. Have family in Hollywood, West Palm, Miami, etc. You know I saw Miami get a bit better in 90's. Sure it was too trendy but hey that was better than trashy. The last couple times I went though (last year and in 2004) it seemed a bit more trashy than it should be. It attracted quite a deviant crowd. And I'm all for some deviants...but it was a bit scary again. [Smile] Lots of bums, etc.

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched Miss Potter. I enjoy period movies (my partner calls them Big Skirt Movies. As in; "Oh no! Not another..."), and this one was wonderful.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

See I hate "chick flicks" but I love period pieces? I guess the history nerd in me digs them.

Ram Boy, so was Miss Potter crazy? Or just very imaginitive? And what characters did she create again? [Smile]

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.