Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 43)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished watching the last episode of Misfits. It's a SciFi comedy drama that aired on the UK channel E4 that lasted 6 episodes. A 2nd "season" has already been greenlit. If you don't mind trying to understand the different accents, I recommend it.

Misfits trailer

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Been watching tons of stuff lately which ofcourse I can't remember right now.

DEXTER! I bought the first 3 seasons and have watched the first 2. I love it.

Caught up with Sanctuary.

Recent films I've seen? The Spanish Prisoner, Wolf, Jennifer's Body(couldn't resist the Fox), Unforgiven, Alice in Wonderland (Disney), Jumanji, Patton(great movie), Dirty Dozen, The Informers. Good stuff.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jorge, you'll love season three of Dexter. It feels a little slow at first but the build-up is really great. Some great acting performances.

Jennifer's Body - what did you think? Knowing we share similar "tastes" ( [Big Grin] ), will I like it?

Patton - one of those great movies I rewatch every few years. You can't help but act like him (George C. Scott's portrayal of Patton) afterwards.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Community on NBC ... it's getting better and better ... Danny Pudi is great ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Jorge, you'll love season three of Dexter. It feels a little slow at first but the build-up is really great. Some great acting performances.

Jennifer's Body - what did you think? Knowing we share similar "tastes" ( [Big Grin] ), will I like it?

Patton - one of those great movies I rewatch every few years. You can't help but act like him (George C. Scott's portrayal of Patton) afterwards.

Hey Cobalt! Jennifer's Body? I mean drink a few beers and watch it. They never show too much but get close...you know how it is. If you don't feel like thinking and you feel like drinking I'd say do it.

LOL @ the Patton comment. My wife told me I was talking like him for a few days after I saw it.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now that I'm all old and stuff (with a pregnant wife at home), I don't really go out on Saturday nights anymore, and on the rare occassion we do (to dinne or a movie or something) we're not out late. It's weird for me to even type that, trust me. I don't think I missed going out on a Saturday night from age 14-27.

Anyway, lately I've been in on Saturday nights and have started to watch Saturday Night Live again. And I have to tell you--this is the funniest the show has ever been in its entire history. Maybe its a generation thing, but the 70's, 80's, 90's and beginning of this decade all had their moments but none of them are even close to how funny the current SNL cast is. Its been this way for a few years, I know, because I've seen some clips online. But about 80% of the sketches are falldown on the floor funny. The recent Blake Lively and Taylor Swift appearances were hysterical (Charles Barkley sucked though but hey, that's tough to work with).

I would have never thought I'd be at home watching SNL again on Saturday Night like I did when I was 12 or 13, but here I am. And thankfully, its pretty damn funny.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

PS - [LOL] on the Jennifer's Body comment. I just might do that!

And yeah, that's hysterical you were acting like Patton afterwards. Its all in the way he says things and the sentences almost crack like a whip. "Disss--MISSED!!!" When he gets out and starts directing traffics of the tanks near the end its just hysterical. I think its one of the great acting portrayals in cinema history.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

LOL@ Cobie. Accepting getting old is a good thing. Same here. I was a party animal up until about 27 also. 28-31 things slowed down a bit but not too much(still would hit restuarant bars and such). 32-34...i am falling asleep by 11pm and stay home much more. The economy didn't help the last 3 years either.

Sushi is now a luxury that we eat a few times a year...cause for me to get full on sushi i need to spend atleast $30 on myself. [Smile]

Hence, I've been watching LOTS of movies.

Continuing the military theme I saw Kelly's Heroes last weekend. I got to see Australia (beautiful), The Big Sleep (Bogey and a bunch of hot chicks), and I'm currently watching Leatherheads. Not a big fan of plastic surgery Renee...and so far it's only had a few funny partys. eh.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't watch much TV, but I do make an effort to watch "Attack of the Show" on a regular basis...want a show that celebrates geekiness? well this is it.

For the first time since season 1, I am watching Lost as it happens.

Been watching lots of movies, mostly older stuff from my collection, most recently I rewatched 30 days of Night. Enjoyable movie, but I haven't rwad the graphic novel its based on (gotta check that out)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I would have never thought I'd be at home watching SNL again on Saturday Night like I did when I was 12 or 13, but here I am. And thankfully, its pretty damn funny.

I'm guessing you watched tonight's episode? Though it wasn't particularly strong, it had it's moments. Did you see that segment at the end of the news with Kristen Wiig and Fred Armison playing those singers who wing all their songs? I laughed so hard that I cried! The material itself is funny, but moreso Fred and Kristen playing off each other and struggling to keep a straight face! Loved that one and the (at least one) other time they did it!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Update: Looked it up online, and the skit is called "Garth and Kat". You can find it here on Hulu!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I was laughing so hard when it aired on Saturday that I was actually crying a little. You're totally right that its not that the skit is funny by nature, its just that Wiig and Armison keep making each other laugh! And usually both of them are the ones that never break character. They couldn't even look at each other by the end of the skit. Then Seth Myers couldn't help cracking a smile the rest of his bit, which carried over into Keenan Thomas's bit as well. It was cool, like an electricity was going for the next few minutes after Wiig and Armison.

Kristen Wiig is hysterically funny. She might be the funniest SNL female cast member of all time. There's at least always 2-3 hysterically funny Kristen Wiig moments every Saturday.

I was also crying with laughter during the Andy Samburg / Rahm Emmanuel bit. It was awesome--he played it completely strait, just the way we (the public) pictures Emmanuel to be. Great stuff.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Lately I've been addicted to a group of documentaries collectively called the "Up Series".

In 1963, a group of English 7-year olds from different backgrounds were interviewed on topics ranging from the class system to race relations to gender issues. The conceit was that these children would be representatives of the generation who would be in power in the year 2000. The initial program was called "7 Up".

The same group was interviewed 7 years later at age 14, and thus started a series that could very easily be called the first "reality series," as subsequent entries visited the same group at ages 21, 28, 35, 42, and 49, with "56 Up" currently in preproduction.

I'm up to the 35 episode and am just astounded at what a beautiful experiment this series is. It's like a stone was skipped through time, allowing you just the briefest touch points as you watch these fourteen people grow in ways that for some you could have well predicted at age 7, but for others you never could have imagined.

I'm not doing it justice, but it's good, good stuff.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Community on NBC ... it's getting better and better ... Danny Pudi is great ...

Community rules!

30 Rock, anyone?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Where are you watching the "Up Series," Ex? It sounds amazing ... like a longitudinal psychological study ... I'd like to check it out ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.