Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Enterprise: working on season two.

Okay, a few of these episodes are some of the worst Sci Fi I've ever seen and the only character I find consistently has a uniques or interesting voice to me is T'Pol but the "Carbon Creek" episode is already one of my favorite Star Trek episodes, ever as is the ship design my favorite.

Now I'm wondering, will we ever see "Chef" or find out what the squeak is in the Captain's quarters?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Enterprise: nearly done with season two and I have noticed the pattern to the writing. Make these people who are supposed to be the best of the best commit moronic act after moronic act and have everything work out hunky dory as a set=up to show that this human way of acting is superior.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
True Blood, Hung

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched Mad Men Season 2; I'd seen some eps previously but missed more than I saw. I expected it to be excellent after season 1 and boy my expectations were not only met--they were far exceeded. It remains simply one of the best shows I've ever seen combining real powerful commentary on the themes of the times, an intricate and intriguing look into a past era (which from what I gather is quite realistic) and just an amazing array of style and "cool". Each time they show advertising in its glory age, they show the glamorized version, the crude version and then the likely truth that falls somewhere in between.

Watch it--you won't be sorry.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
True Blood, Hung and Mad Men
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sitting here this morning, still completely blown away by Inglorious Basterds, which I saw last night. Melanie Laurent and Christoph Waltz were the standout performances...so much so that I'm blown away by them both. I *must* find other movies they've been in, even if they're in French and German (I understand a little French and no German).

It was so good I need to see it one more time before I go to Key West on Saturday.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw the documentary King Corn last week. I've been wanting to see it for ages, since I read a piece by one of the filmmakers in a local yuppie food rag.

It uses a lot of the modern tropes in documentaries (cute stop-motion toys, ironic re-imaginings of childhood educational films, etc.) to make its point. Overall, though, the smarm level is low. Basically, the two filmmakers move to Iowa (where they both have very distant family) and grow an acre of corn, exactly as its grown in modern America for industrial purposes. Hijinks (and the discovery that most commercial corn tastes like crap, and is primarily for use in corn syrup) ensue.

Recommended.

Link

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally saw Spaced...and loved it.

Tried to get into Heroes Season 1, but couldn't.

Always love watching Big Bang Theory.

Totally into Burn Notice.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Godspell

Hits hard in this 9/11 generation.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
More Woody Allen...
Melinda and Melinda - A recent Allen film. Not one but two good stories here!

Anything Else - Woody working his usual magic with young actors. Good stuff. Also recent.

Curse of the Jade Scorpion - Great! Woody's best acting performance by far! Helen Hunt and Charlize Theron make those 1940 dresses look nice also.

Love and Death - a film that if I was under 30 would've hated but I laughed very loudly...amazing how one changes while getting older.

Prince Caspian - Eh. My wife and daughter loved it. Didn't do much for me. I'm more of a Potter fan. [Wink]

Killing Me Softly - Another attempt to recreate Basic Instinct fails. Nice scenes with Heather Graham though.

Underworld Rise of the Lycans - Liked it better than I thought I would. But damn I got tired of that castle.

Push - Loved it. Lots of potential here. Good acting by young (and old) actors. Good action film. One complaint is they made it as if there is a definite sequel coming...didn't like that.

Also watching True Blood, Entourage, Top Chef, Psych, Miami Social(more my wife's show but Katrina has me watching it).

Expedition Africa was great on History Channel. Rented Mysterious of the Nile which had Pasquale. Wish they would've made that a series instead of a 45 min documentary.

I'm sure I left out other things it's been a while since I've been here.

Also plan to rent Mad Men...season one soon.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Push - Loved it. Lots of potential here. Good acting by young (and old) actors. Good action film. One complaint is they made it as if there is a definite sequel coming...didn't like that.

That was a good one. Dakota Fanning had a scarily mature presence in that movie. It felt like her relationship with the main dude was sliding into and out of 'The Professional' territory, at some points. Yeah, dear, there's 'another woman' in my life, but she's like, 12.

The bit at the end where one of the mind controllers takes over four gunmen at the same time and has them as a personal death-squad, moving like automatons, was awesome. The telekinesis-fu wasn't bad either...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Sons of Anarchy.

It's like watching cheeseball testosterony tv. The bikers are super clean, have all their teeth, always one step ahead of everyone....It's hifrickenlarious.

The lead guy dresses like he's a skateboarder and he's supposed to be in his thirties. Ron perlman has a buzz cut...funny stuff.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't watch as much tv as I used to, but I like Supernatural, Drop Dead Diva, Wolverine and the X-Men, the new Batman thingy, and...that's it...oh Ruby.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Movies seen recently:

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices. Pretty much what you'd expect. My favorite bits took place in London, Quebec, and Germany. The matter-of-fact attitude of those interviewed there is in marked contrast to what I think of as the definitive timidness in the U.S. over confronting these hideous monoliths over their blatant abuses of power. The Quebecois, in particular, offered a stellar example of what Labor looks like when it doesn't suck eggs. (Cough. I'm ex-AFSCME, so I get to say that. Nyah.)

Beat the Devil. Humphrey Bogart, Gina Lolabrigitta, John Huston, smugglers, boats. C'mon, what more do you need?

Rabbit-Proof Fence. Australia's "Stolen Generation" in the early 20th Century. Three little girls sneak away from the Whites who want to "cure" them of being Aboriginal to return to their tribe. Just a great, great film. I should have seen it sooner. It's a rare case where the disc extras are every bit as good as the original film. Because the horrible "protection" program that separated Aboriginal children from their families didn't end officially until 1970, you see observers, the acting coach, and film crew (many of whom are Aboriginal themselves) literally weeping as a scene where the children are torn from their mother and grandmother is being filmed. Living history, paralleled in the U.S., of course.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I talked about Rabbit-Proof Fence earlier in the thread. A great film.

Just watched the first episode of Jay Leno's primetime show. Not impressed.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.