Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going back and watching all of the Dr. Whos i've DVRed over the summer...Daleks again? Really? I'm starting to get the feeling that sometimes I get from the postboot Legion--haven't we been here before? Am I supposed to know who the floating head is? Who's the cat lady? I'm sure that if I'd been watching Who on the Beeb for the last forty years, all of this stuff would mean something, but I haven't been, which just makes it kind of irritating. I do love the new woman, whose name escapes me. Wicked hot.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
You know I've never seen Doctor Who. I mean as a kid I saw them on PBS. It was reruns of the one with big curly hair from the early to mid seventies.

Anybody recommend any of the newer stuff?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
If you've got an extra hour a week, it's good fun.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't watched a movie in a while. I knocked two out this weekend.

The Good Shepherd. Starring Matt Damon with a ton of famous people. GREAT MOVIE! Not sure why I liked it so much. It had a real boring CIA vibe...no action. I guess it was the retro stylized look of the CIA (or pre-CIA) of the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Cuba played a big part as well. Bay of Pigs/Bahia de los Cuchinos...my grandfather was detained in Cuba when that happened though he wasn't involved. Horrible story of how him and a few hundred men were detained in a theater for a week. I might tell it one day.

Anyways great film! I love history, i love the time period, i love the Yale Ivy League stuff, the Cambridge(Five spys...Crudup did a great job!), the english, russian, cuban connections.

The other film I saw was Lady in the Water. I heard bad things but it was better than I expected. My wife and I are big M.Night fans (writer/director) but this movie didn't draw us like his other ones. We were pleasantly suprised and won't doubt M. Night again. He rocks.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
This was a big movie week for me, in and out of theaters:
Bourne Ultimatum - really clever how they wove in pieces of the last movie into this one. All the spy/counterspy survellance stuff got kinda tired, but still a great spy flick
Transformers - Had to see it just to see it. Got what I expected from a Michael bay film. And yes, the Transformers were almost impossible to look at - like walking scrap piles.
The Prestige - very good film about obsession and illusions.
The Illusionist - not so very good film about the same.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Drake, I badly want to see Bourne Ultimatum! Transformers I want to see but haven't had a chance.

I actually love The Prestige and the Illusionist. The Prestige is much better though.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Haven't watched a movie in a while. I knocked two out this weekend.

The Good Shepherd. Starring Matt Damon with a ton of famous people. GREAT MOVIE! Not sure why I liked it so much. It had a real boring CIA vibe...no action. I guess it was the retro stylized look of the CIA (or pre-CIA) of the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Cuba played a big part as well. Bay of Pigs/Bahia de los Cuchinos...my grandfather was detained in Cuba when that happened though he wasn't involved. Horrible story of how him and a few hundred men were detained in a theater for a week. I might tell it one day.

Anyways great film! I love history, i love the time period, i love the Yale Ivy League stuff, the Cambridge(Five spys...Crudup did a great job!), the english, russian, cuban connections.

The other film I saw was Lady in the Water. I heard bad things but it was better than I expected. My wife and I are big M.Night fans (writer/director) but this movie didn't draw us like his other ones. We were pleasantly suprised and won't doubt M. Night again. He rocks.

As usual I'm with you on both!

The Good Sheperd was a solid movie that I really enjoyed. I thought along the same lines: "wow, this *should* seem really boring to me, but I'm pretty into it!". I thought the acting was spot-on and CIA connection to the Yale secret societies (and Britain's spy community) was worth watching the movie for that alone.

I was more positive going into Lady in the Water, but I also enjoyed it immensely. It was definately more off-beat and a 'smaller' film for M. Night, but that almost made it more enjoyable for me, since it was so much for him and his diehard fans, which I consider myself. Paul Giamatti, one of the greatest actors, well, ever, knocked it out of the park. When he finally breaks down near the end...well, that was enough to wow me. An emotional tide hit me, similar to Mel Gibson's breakdown at the close of Signs, showing that M. Knight knows when to give these guys the room to flex their acting muscles and use both the musical score and montage to create an emotional release after a build of dramatic tension.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Lady in the Water was definitely underrated! Not M. Night's best movie by far, but certainly good.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I wouldn't mind M.Night directing somebody else's scripts. For instance he is interested in doing a Potter film. That would rock!

Even though he is suppossed to write/direct a live action adaption of Avatar: The Last Airbender it's still not "his" property so it will be different. He did write the screenplay for the first Stuart Little film. [Smile]

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to watch a movie soon. I haven't contributed to this thread for eons.

Lately, I've been enjoying one of my greatest guilty pleasures on DVD -- Mission: Impossible. I was really into the show during the mid-90s, when the FX channel was showing reruns of it. A lot of stuff stretches credibility too far (people being fooled by rubber masks, to name the most obvious example), and if I took the political subtexts seriously for a moment, I would be horrified with myself for watching it. On the other hand, the cinematography and production values of the first few seasons are of big-screen quality, the editing style was groundbreaking, and all this exquisite technique is showcased in some of the best remastering I've ever seen for a TV show DVD. M:I Season Three, my favorite season, is due in November, and I'm counting the days.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
After catching only two consecutive episodes of Stargate Atlantis, I’m now a fan. The storyline so far, involves using bio weapons to turn their arch enemies, the Wraiths(?) into humans so as not to be eaten by them anymore. (how fun is THAT?)

On a less inspiring note, I caught Brian DePalma’s Blow Out on TV a couple nights ago. Yikes. I was actually rooting for John Lithgow to strangle Nancy Allen so she couldn’t talk in that squeaky Bronx accent anymore. There’s a horrible scene where her and Dennis Franz are attacking each other with bad accents………  -

It does make me want to watch Michelangelo Antonioni’s Blowup again. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen it and I don't have it on DVD yet.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My birthday present to myself this year was the 1990 Canadian TV series Dracula: The Series on DVD.

It's cheesy, campy and silly, but it's also a whole lot of fun.

Geordie Johnson [Drool] as "Alexander Lucard" (aka Dracula) is just yummy. We also get to see Geraint Wyn Davies in a pre-Forever Knight vampire role, though one less tortured than Nick Knight.

The only problem with the show is those annoying kids and their uncle keep getting away! [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Stealth, i saw the first MI but my friends love 2 and 3. I gotta watch them.

Ram Boy, I've been waiting to see Blow Out for a while now. I have an obsession with Jane Birkin in her younger days. [Smile]

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Jorge, I think there's been a misunderstanding here. I was talking about Mission: Impossible the 60s TV show, not Mission: Impossible the movies.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be watching the season premiere of "Its Always Sunny in Philedelphia" this Thurs on FX!

Its the funniest show since Arrested Development!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.