Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got my set today as well, and it looks great. I took a picture of it. Is there a way to post images on this thread?

More good news from following the mattycollector DCUC forum is that it sounds very likely there will be another run made of this set. The bad news is that it will probably sell out just as fast and people will have to fight the scalpers for them.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Are you leaving them in-package, VU? I'm just curious if the end product they're sending out is as good as what they've shown on their website and at SDCC and NYCC and the like...

Still debating on that. I usually leave everything in the packaging. The best things about this special sets is that they are designed so you can keep the packing but take the figures out. Each section has either a top/bottom flap that you can slide the figure in or out. Its very elegant. Right now its open on the floor of my living room.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Just got home from work, got mine today right before I left.

[ November 19, 2011, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone notice the set of Legionnaire figures in the background on the racks of the comic book shop in tonight's episode (The Good Guy Fluctuation) of "The Big Bang Theory?" Clearly, if one has Hollywood connections dealing with Matty is a simple feat--unlike the rest of humanity...

[ October 28, 2011, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Korbal ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Still waiting for my set over here in Germany... probably will for at least another week...

... how are the little creatures in their package... are they cold? are they starving? are they fed up with Brainiac 5s constant lecturing? [Smile]

@Lone Wolf Oh my the package is huge... love you're surprised look [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
*sob* nooooooo......I want that set!!! *shaking, palmface* [No] [Mad] [AHHHH!!!!]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamwe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adamwe   Email adamwe         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

I think Invisible Kid looks great when you can see him [Smile] He fit right in.

Adam

From: Hillsborough, NJ | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamwe
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adamwe   Email adamwe         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Another pic of Invisible Kid showing up in the box set.

From: Hillsborough, NJ | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
Given the '80s era slant of the costumes, I'm surprised it's not Jacques' info on the box.

On a side note, I now regret not getting all of the DC Direct Legionnaires when they came out.

[ October 30, 2011, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Glen Cadigan ]

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I cannot believe I missed this sale!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now they are sold out.
That f_ _ _ing sucks.
[Frown]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:

On a side note, I now regret not getting all of the DC Direct Legionnaires when they came out.

On the other hand, I do not regret not buying Colossal Boy, Timber Wolf or Star Boy cause the new versions look way better (though the JSA Starman is much larger and does not really fit in so well...)
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I cannot believe I missed this sale!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now they are sold out.
That f_ _ _ing sucks.
[Frown]

Seconded! (no wait, given how many others have said about the same thing, more like 3 hundredth-ed!).

I was in Montreal at a conference, and even if I had remembered that morning (didn't until the next day), I'm not sure I could have justified being at my terminal during the 90 minute window before it sold out.

I just do NOT understand a business model that would stop production on a product that sold out in under two hours. Do they not want to make profit? Or are the employees there now the same people selling these hand-over-fist on eBay?!? I guess that's perfectly legal (never heard of price fixing laws for toys), but it does suck and certainly does not engender loyalty.

Oh well, hopefully the rumors so far of a 2nd production run will come true. I CAN imagine that they might just seriously not want to over-produce, so perhaps they can well gauge the size of the next run based on the comments and how quickly the first one sold.

You'd think if they were going to do so, they'd do so soon, though, while people are still chomping at the bit for it...

...unless of course they are still hoping to clean out some more wallets via eBay...

(Personally, I have collected every Legion appearance and item since and including adventure #247, but I will not on principal allow myself to be ripped off by paying a premium for a product that only recently was available for nearly half the current asking price. So there are stil a lot of us that won't overpay on eBay but will be glad to pay the proper market price.)

---craig---

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Well said EHF.
Hopefully someone out there is listening.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
So, clenched teeth aside...

for those of you fortunate enough to get the set, may I ask:

How does their posability compare with what the DC direct figures had been (not including the "original 3" which were far less posable than those which came after)?

thanks!

---craig---

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

The Legion has finally arrived! It was about two weeks that it took them to reach Germany. Funnily enough, I had to pick them up at the local customs office cause Mattel did not put the actual bill on the outside - though there was a description there actually stating the price for the box and shipping... don't ask me, this was a typical act of German bureaucracy.

But thus, I had a funny meeting with a nice customs officer who very painstakingly noted every detail... "This is a twelve pack, but the officer in Frankfurt stated there are 14 figurines... now how many are there?" "Well actually, there are 13, if you don't count the invisible one..."

Finally, after paying 30 € for taxes (but no customs) I took the box home where my daughter greedily wanted to open it...

My favorite figurines are Colossal Boy (impressive!) and Wildfire, I very much like Chameleon Boy who looks way better than the old DC Direct version, Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad and ME Lad. I'm not so sure about the faces of Cosmic Boy, Karate Kid and Ultra Boy, though, who are looking very much alike. Saturn Girl is very skinny...

Anyway a great package! One minor quibble: Does anybody else feel that the white in the costumes of Saturn Girl, Karate Kid and Lightning Lad is rather grey? The costumes are looking as if they have been washed way too often :-) A side effect of the long journey or does Mattel have problems with real "white"?

And this is how my Legion scenario looks right now... guess I really have to look for a new background, though...  -

[ November 05, 2011, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Chemical King ]

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.