Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
Sadly, I wasn't able to order one and I missed out twice on this now. As I refuse to pay double the price on ebay, I guess I won't get this.
Shame.

Good news (possibly) for those of you who didn't get one...

the 2nd run has indeed come close to saturating the market on the hoarders/speculators, and there are now people on eBay selling it ("Buy it now") for just under $250, one even with *free shipping*. Considering that the $180 set from Matty still cost me $205 or so with shipping and everything else, this is only just over 20% mark up, far lower now than double the price.

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
Sadly, I wasn't able to order one and I missed out twice on this now. As I refuse to pay double the price on ebay, I guess I won't get this.
Shame.

Good news (possibly) for those of you who didn't get one...

the 2nd run has indeed come close to saturating the market on the hoarders/speculators, and there are now people on eBay selling it ("Buy it now") for just under $250, one even with *free shipping*. Considering that the $180 set from Matty still cost me $205 or so with shipping and everything else, this is only just over 20% mark up, far lower now than double the price.

Sadly, none of them offer free shipping to the UK. With shipping, most of those will cost me around $300, not counting possible customs [Frown]

But i'm still looking

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
On principle alone I won't purchase a set from a re-reseller at even as 'low' as a 20% markup.

If Matty Collector was interested in serving their general customers, and not just their special store customers, they would provide a third run limited to a single purchase per customer and then open up the sales to more later if they have leftovers. If they are selling this set out within hours, it suggests to me they they have drastically underestimated the market demand, and if they produce more, everyone would be satisfied.

If Matty Collector doesn't produce a third run of this set where it is actually possible for some of us to purchase it, I won't even bother with any additional sets, Legion or not, that they may sell in the future.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I paid through the nose on EBay. But now I have a Wildfire, a Colossal Boy, a Matter Eater Lad, a Cockrum Timber Wolf... it's fun. My 9 year old is furious about the Invisible Kid fake out, though.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
did anyone attend the ToyFair to find out if we will get more Legionnaires, more specifically, females and aliens?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
There were no Legion announcements, though we did see the upcoming Starman figure with his 'Thom Kallor' swappable head.

Honestly, I imagine Thom covers any 'Legion slot' for the first year of the DCUC subscription that may exist. I wouldn't expect to see another Legionnaire before 2013, but I'd love to be wrong.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Many collectors feel that the 2012 sub is half full of figures that would have been in the next CnC wave. So the early announcements were all less than exciting, IMHO. Heck, it took some pressure from collectors to get a Star Boy head variant to the masked Starman figure.

We probably won't see another Legion-oriented figure in 2012 -- even though Starman was really filling the MA JSA slot initially.

But there's seems to be a good bit of demand for Dawnstar, and I would hope the next Legion figurre we get is of a female character. I'd say she has a good shot for the 2013 wave.

They won't even consider more boxed sets until they see how sales are for the 2013 wave. And even then -- nothing as mammoth as the 12-pack.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone catch the fist episode of the second season of the AMC series Comic Book Men? It featured a Legion fan buying the 12-pack (for $275) and afterwards she and the guys actually discussed the Legion for a few minutes--decrying the lack of female figures, lamenting of how Gim and Vi never became a couple, their favorite artists, and other topics. The one bummer of the segment was noted director Kevin Smith blaming Bouncing Boy for his not becoming a Legion fan...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
The 12pack was to be seen in the comic book store of "Big Bang Theory" in season 5 (ep. 5 or 6 I guess). Really made me a little happy to see them in such a high profile show [Smile]

If they should produce a Dawnstar I really hope they make her less anorectic looking than Imra. The more I see Saturn Girl, the less I like her...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how I missed that discussion on Legion Book men, but nice to see them mentioning that the 12-pack should have feature more female members. Being that it appears that Mattel won't do any more multi-packs (and certainly not another 12 pack), not including more females the first time -- really cheese my ass.

Still holding out hope for Dawnstar this year in the sub, but the most likely females to be announced are Phantom Lady, Vixen and either Fire or Ice. Most of the 2013 sub is rehashes of what DC Direct already produced -- and the above certainly fit into that criteria.

It's a shame that Mattel had such a huge success with the Legion, yet seems to have completely abandoned it -- again.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.