Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Toy Fair is going on this weekend,and Mattel has some of the Legion action figures on display :

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2011_Toy_Fair%2FMattel%2FDC_Universe_Classics&start=0

http://toyfair2011.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=553&page=2

[ February 13, 2011, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Colossal Boy ]

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hooray!! when will they on sale? love T Wolf, Cos, B 5 and Wildfire...but thought there were gonna be 12 of them, right? Star Boy was supposed to be there and Ultra Boy too.?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, those look better than I thought they would! [Smile]
Can't wait for these to come out this year.
And yes, I believe Star Boy and Ultra Boy are supposed to be a part of the set so I'm not sure why they weren't included?

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
These, do indeed look, awesome and I cannot wait for them to be announced

I do hope that Jo and Thoms absence is due to them not quite being ready as opposed to the pack being reduced in numbers.

The only. exceedingly minor, criticism I have is Brainy looks strangely bulky in comparison to the others.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
NOOOOOOO... Why isn't Cham in his classic Cockrum outfit? [sigh] Still gonna get them, though.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
at Pov - buy two Chameleon Boys...then you can repaint him the Cockrumite outfit! :grin: hee hee. [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
hooray!! when will they on sale? love T Wolf, Cos, B 5 and Wildfire...but thought there were gonna be 12 of them, right? Star Boy was supposed to be there and Ultra Boy too.?

I think the reason that the remaining figures from the 12 pack aren't being displayed is that the Four Horsemen have not finished the sculpting process on them.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
To clarify, the four figures yet to be shown (as Colossal Boy said, likely due to having not been sculpted yet) are Karate Kid, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Colossal Boy. Star Boy isn't among their number, unless the slots have changed.

Personally, with how much this set has been pushed back and with how it's still a secondary work-in-progress for the Four Horsemen, I was hoping Mattel might have heard the outcry from fans half a year ago and changed the last few slots over to some Legion ladies. Nura and Ayla in their 80s outfits come to mind as simple repaints using the existing Imra body (minus the skirt piece). I almost wish they'd go that route. I could see Mon, Val, and Jo surviving in regular waves of DC Universe Classics easily. Plus, their inclusion in a regular wave could help justify the inclusion of their compatriots who otherwise we may never get to see - Shady, Jeckie, and Tinya.

Wishful thinking, probably. Still excited for this set and will support it regardless. I'm glad Cham is in his yellow/purple outfit just so the team has a more unified look, minus 70s Timber Wolf. Believe Mattel hasn't said anything since the report a few months back that the Legion set was coming late summer 2011.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HamzHutch
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HamzHutch           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
To clarify, the four figures yet to be shown (as Colossal Boy said, likely due to having not been sculpted yet) are Karate Kid, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, and Colossal Boy. Star Boy isn't among their number, unless the slots have changed.

The remaining figures are Karate Kid, Ultra Boy and Colossal Boy. Mon-EL isnt in the set.
From: LaPorte Indiana | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by HamzHutch:
The remaining figures are Karate Kid, Ultra Boy and Colossal Boy. Mon-EL isnt in the set.[/QB]

Whoops, you're correct. My numbers were off. I forgot the first unveil had five Legionnaires instead of four, like this time. Which I'm fine and glad by. Mon-El will do good on his lonesome.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the sculpts on these figs. Brainy's face is exactly how I picture it, based on the various artists of the '70s. And I love Wildfire's boots! So cool that they really went for the swashbuckler tops. Gotta say though, isn't Drake rather ripped for someone who's a shapeless ball of anti-energy?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
Wish they had gone with Cockrum's design for Chamelion Boy instead of Giffen's. Hopefully CB and KK will be more Cockrum/Grell goodness.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
I, too, was disappointed to see that Cham's outfit didn't match the image shown at SDCC. I never liked Giffen's tweaks to Cockrum's work. I can live with (and customize) the dreadful violet/yellow combo, but if they dare go with Giffen's (downgrade) Colossal Boy pajamas over Cockrum's spiffy outfit, they'll be Hell to pay!!!

I know they haven't even been mentioned yet, but Phantom Girl and Shrinking Violet must both be 70s outfits. I can live with Element Lad in his horrid magenta/black combo, but would prefer the green/dark blue/black Cockrum version.

Frankly, I want to see Imra in her bikini eventually.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matter-eater man:
Wish they had gone with Cockrum's design for Chamelion Boy instead of Giffen's. Hopefully CB and KK will be more Cockrum/Grell goodness.

yeah, cause a Giffen Karate Kid figure would be really puffy and bruised looking.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I need this set, I hope I have the coin for it once it's finally announced when exactly it's going to come out.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.