Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
yes its good but poor female legionnaires get shafted. somebody needs to inform the Mattel people to make those female legionnaires!!!! grrr.... If Jubilee from X-Men gets made as action figure...then why not Duplicate Girl? why not Bouncing Boy? why not Phantom Girl? I want to see Dawnstar, Shrinking Violet, Shadow Lass made!!!!

Proty gets made?!?!?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Great photos especially love the empty space for, I presume, Lyle
Glad it is now coming in October as that thing looks freaking huge and will probably cost an absolute fortune to ship overseas so will give me time to save up

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the Legion symbol and character description on the empty box are for Lyle Norg... cheeky of them. [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I love it...too funny. Bonus figure that you cannot see!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
So is that just an empty box or is it a translucent generic figure representing Lyle?

The mattel panel is Friday and news has already leaked out that they are going to be offering a DCU Club if enough people show interest.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/20/mattel-leak-dc-universe-club-info-ahead-of-fridays-panel/

Maybe if the DCU club happens, we will get some female legionnaire action figures that way.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This site has a short video showing all of the figures on display at the Mattel booth and starts off with the Legion and Colossal Boy!

http://www.conventionscene.com/2011/07/20/scene-on-video-an-early-look-at-the-mattel-booth-at-sdcc-2011/

And yep, it's just an empty box for Lyle [Frown]

[ July 21, 2011, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Colossal Boy ]

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cannot wait for this! This will be the rare item for which I'll actually keep the packaging! I'm even tempted to leave the figures in-- but I know that won't last. It looks so cool, I'll bet they'll sell quite a few of these to folk that aren't even LSH fans! Maybe they'll get converted...

Between the figs, the Archives, the hardback Levitz/Giffen books, the Star Trek crossover and the multiple series, I think DC's going out of it's way to make up for the anniversary fiasco a couple of years ago.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Coming out to day's Mattel panel at sdcc is that the Legion 12 pack is still targeted to go on sale on mattycollector.com sometime this fall.

The big news is that the DC Universe Classics 6" action figure line (which the Legion 12 pack is a subset of) is coming to an end in 2012. Apparently since DC is relaunching with dcnu, Mattel is going to relaunch their 6" line as well to get in synch with dcnu. That likely means if we get any legionnaires in the new line, it will be in dcnu costumes. So that leaves the possible DCU Club as the only place to possible get Legion figures in classic costumes.

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of the new DCU Club that Colossal Boy mentioned, one of the figures announced was the Thom Kallor version of Starman. Mattel has fallen in love with swappable heads recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if he came with a bearded head so you can display him with your 12-Pack Legionnaires.

There are two ways to get Starman. First is to subscribe to the club (which is kind of expensive if you're only in it for like ... the one Legionnaire they may ever produce). Second choice is to buy him off MattyCollector.com as a single. On the 15th of a subscription figure's month, it goes on sale to the general public while supplies last. Judging from the timetable and the fact Thom was the third figure shown, it's likely he won't be released until June 2012.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

That sounds like a retread... was it DCDirect who did that already in a JSA line? I *know* I have a Starman with a swappable Thom head... have to dig him out and check if he's a DCD or Mattel.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Yep! DC Direct released the same concept in their JSA line, Pov. Unless you're a scale freak, the DCU Starman release will be a retread.

I'm hoping the DCU Club subscriptions will offer us other Legionnaires someday. I can see Dawnstar or Mon-El making an appearance eventually. Not sure the hopes of getting anyone else, at least in the first few years.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In the write-up of the Mattel panel I read, Jay Garrick and Atrocitus were the other two characters that would be part of the subscription offering (funny Freudian slip- I typed 'submission' instead of 'subscription' initially). When asked about completing teams like the Metal Men and Doom Patrol, the Mattel rep mentioned the new club, according to the write-up. Without explicitly promising anything, of course.

There was the standard warning of doom and blame that if enough memberships aren't sold, the figures won't be produced.

I wish they'd go ahead and announce the rest of the list. DC Direct has already produced at least two of the three, and the third's the one I couldn't care less about. I' d buy Jay, even though I already have him, and Thom. Maybe Mattel could package their version with a clean-shaven head with a crew-cut, just to differentiate it from DC Direct's. Or with two extra heads, with the bearded one as the second.

I really want Elastic-Girl, Platinum, Lead and Tin. If at least two of those were in the sub list, I'd join. Or if I knew they were starting the Freedom Fighters. Or the Rogues. I'd be really pissed if I got the ones we know and a bunch of bat characters and Green Lanterns to finish the year, though. I suppose they'd command decent ebay prices and my local cbs would probably take them in trade, but I don't know if it's worth the trouble. With vacation coming up, and the Legion set - I don't know if I'm in the mood to gamble.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Since the Batman Legacy line is continuing, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about Batpeople shoving their way into the subscription service. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Green Lanterns and other "New Guardians" were some of the teams Mattel was hoping to complete so that may be a deal breaker.

I agree that I wish they would give us a list of potential candidates. I'm likely to join regardless as I've seen this line through since wave one, but I'd be less nervous about my financial commitment.

No matter what happens to this line, I have to give it props. No one else has ever given us so many Legion characters in action figure form save for DC Direct, even if most of it is in one punch.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Colossal Boy:
This site has a short video showing all of the figures on display at the Mattel booth and starts off with the Legion and Colossal Boy!

http://www.conventionscene.com/2011/07/20/scene-on-video-an-early-look-at-the-mattel-booth-at-sdcc-2011/

And yep, it's just an empty box for Lyle [Frown]

Sorry, I love that the guy shooting the video does not get the "joke" of the Invisible Kid slot in the box. Seriously, for me...it's genius. You are producing X amount of figures, so instead of leaving an empty slot, you do a little molding to the packaging, and you then have an extra bonus for the fans. I love it.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

[Yes]

--------------------

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.